The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

A11M11

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by A11M11 »

the thing is I don't think we should pay a penny to the EU.

Neither do I . Our difference is that I believe that in the long run the country and the people will be better off and you don't.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:35 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:45 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:07 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:05 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:58 pm
great start to give the EU £50 billion euros just to start talking to them :lol:

Any decent negotiator should have that subject to the result of the talks , but when you have people leading the talks that don't have their hearts in it as we have , you have a problem.
you Brexiteers still don't get it.
it doesn't matter who is negotiating for us (ok I admit Mrs Mayhem is a disaster, but I doubt Corbyn would do any better) the bottom line is that the EU hold all the cards in any negotiation.

as I have said on many occasions on here we need them far more than they need us.
and whilst we were a big player as part of the EU, once we are out of it then the EU will be telling us what to do far more than when we were in it.

taking back control :lol: :lol:
total and utter stupid delusion :banghead:
Short term pain, long term pain 8) :D
Flash, where you responsible for the change in thread name? Because with your naff jokes you have bastardised the thread on what is a really serious subject.

I care about the future of my country. I don't have a lot of time for people who openly admit to voting Brexit, but didn't have a clue what they where doing then don't take the consequences seriously.
mate this is a football forum, even as a football forum it rarely takes anything seriously. If you think this is bad you would have struggled during the heyday of the forum!!!!

If you want to seriously debate Brexit go to a political forum because you wont get much sensible debate here and some might say neither should it
Football in relation to politics is light-hearted I agree. But that doesn't mean the same should apply to certain threads on this side of the forum. If Arsenal lose yeah we are all pissed off but at least can laugh about it, when peoples livelihoods and standard of living are on the line that's different gravy imo.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:42 pm
flash gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

it doesn't matter who is negotiating for us (ok I admit Mrs Mayhem is a disaster, but I doubt Corbyn would do any better) the bottom line is that the EU hold all the cards in any negotiation.

as I have said on many occasions on here we need them far more than they need us.
and whilst we were a big player as part of the EU, once we are out of it then the EU will be telling us what to do far more than when we were in it.

Flash, where you responsible for the change in thread name? Because with your naff jokes you have bastardised the thread on what is a really serious subject.

I care about the future of my country. I don't have a lot of time for people who openly admit to voting Brexit, but didn't have a clue what they where doing then don't take the consequences seriously.
mate this is a football forum, even as a football forum it rarely takes anything seriously. If you think this is bad you would have struggled during the heyday of the forum!!!!

If you want to seriously debate Brexit go to a political forum because you wont get much sensible debate here and some might say neither should it
Football in relation to politics is light-hearted I agree. But that doesn't mean the same should apply to certain threads on this side of the forum. If Arsenal lose yeah we are all pissed off but at least can laugh about it, when peoples livelihoods and standard of living are on the line that's different gravy imo.
Similar to Arsenal losing, can you do anything about it?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:06 pm
the thing is I don't think we should pay a penny to the EU.

Neither do I . Our difference is that I believe that in the long run the country and the people will be better off and you don't.
that's like people saying 10 years ago that Arsenal will be better off in the future if they stick with Arsene Wenger :lol:
seriously you Brexiteers really do remind me of the AKB cult.

it is just blind optimism against all known logic and facts. The 350 million to the NHS has already proven to be a lie, the not paying anything to the EU to leave looks like it will be a lie too. Your argument is based on a few conmen who once they had won the referendum last year made sure they got out of the way sharpish. And yet like the AKBs you still dream of something that will never happen.

at least with Arsenal under Wenger things havent got any worse, under brexit this country is finished.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Not at all, my beliefs on the EU bear no relation to Arsenal Akb or wob for that matter.
And it's time to put the red bus quote to bed firstly it said LETS spend it not we will spend it and secondly until we leave the money doesn't exist to spend on anything as it still goes to Brussels.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Instead of moaning on a irrelevant football forum and getting annoyed that people dont take it serious do something about it, lobby your MP might be a first step

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:13 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

Instead of moaning on a irrelevant football forum and getting annoyed that people dont take it serious do something about it, lobby your MP might be a first step
I have met my local MP about a local traffic issue specific to the road I live In. In addition the EU referendum was briefly discussed before the meeting began with other residents. As a Labour MP I found it strange that I agreed with a lot of what he had to say and in my opinion the previous conservative MP got booted out because of the result amongst other things that the Tories fucked up on in their manifesto.

Lobbying MPs is too late really, the damage has already been done by people like you. And the laughable thing is people (mainly brexiteers) think we shouldn't pay a penny for leaving the EU. Firstly it's enshrined in law, we signed up to this. When you sign up to a legal contract do you ignore it, when you realise that you don't like the terms and conditions which you probably didn't read in the first place.

Now the border issue has reared its ugly head with ROI. I am sure they think the British are utter retards for all the bother Brexit is now causing. It's not only the border but the treatment of NI where the Irish want the north to remain within the customs union and the single market. That in its own right pisses the DUP off because the only tabled solution suggests a unified Ireland in all but name.

Given the mess this whole process has created, we really should have another referendum before any exit from the EU takes place. The people decided to leave the EU we should decide on whether it's a hard or soft Brexit. I am confident that there are enough sensible people in this country to make the right decision this time.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

So the south wants the north to stay in two of the four e u tenets. Best they start lobbying the other 26 then.

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:22 pm
So the south wants the north to stay in two of the four e u tenets. Best they start lobbying the other 26 then.
I'm not sure you uderstsnd the consequences of Brexit to the whole island of Ireland in the present Day if a hard border is implemented.

There are approx 300 rural roads between the two Countries which would either would have to be blocked by Custom posts or a bloody wall.
Businesses on either side of the border who supply or get supplied would have extra costs. There are thousands of people who would have to cross to go to work and possibly face big delays at the border
Even some People who go to their local shop will have to cross.

It was said the other day on a news repot that there is more crossing points between the two Countries than in the whole of west and East Europe.

Remember that Two of the Four Countries in the UK one of which was NI voted to stay but the larger population of England overruled them.
The DUP are going against the Majority of their Countrymen by propping up the Tories in supporting Brexit.
A fuc*ing joke.

I wonder have any of our lot who voted here have changed their minds?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The UK recognises, and is committed to protecting on a reciprocal basis, the ability for British and Irish nationals to
work without hindrance across the border between Northern Ireland and Ireland.

Section 3: Avoiding a hard border for the movement of goods :- It is
also important to ensure that there is no return to a hard border as a result of any new
controls placed on the movement of goods between the UK and the EU.

So that's goods and people covered by the position paper published by the U.K government 16th August 2017 . From the UK's side at least.

Have a word with Brussels where the delay seems to be.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:31 pm
Not at all, my beliefs on the EU bear no relation to Arsenal Akb or wob for that matter.
And it's time to put the red bus quote to bed firstly it said LETS spend it not we will spend it and secondly until we leave the money doesn't exist to spend on anything as it still goes to Brussels.
Bloody hell how thick are you Brexiteers :
:banghead:

If we leave the EU then there will be less money to spend on the NHS because growth in the UK economy is down and we are going to be paying a big divorce bill to the EU. The fact is that the NHS will not survive if Brexit happens.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:05 am
flash gunner wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:13 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

I have met my local MP about a local traffic issue specific to the road I live In. In addition the EU referendum was briefly discussed before the meeting began with other residents. As a Labour MP I found it strange that I agreed with a lot of what he had to say and in my opinion the previous conservative MP got booted out because of the result amongst other things that the Tories fucked up on in their manifesto.

Lobbying MPs is too late really, the damage has already been done by people like you. And the laughable thing is people (mainly brexiteers) think we shouldn't pay a penny for leaving the EU. Firstly it's enshrined in law, we signed up to this. When you sign up to a legal contract do you ignore it, when you realise that you don't like the terms and conditions which you probably didn't read in the first place.

Now the border issue has reared its ugly head with ROI. I am sure they think the British are utter retards for all the bother Brexit is now causing. It's not only the border but the treatment of NI where the Irish want the north to remain within the customs union and the single market. That in its own right pisses the DUP off because the only tabled solution suggests a unified Ireland in all but name.

Given the mess this whole process has created, we really should have another referendum before any exit from the EU takes place. The people decided to leave the EU we should decide on whether it's a hard or soft Brexit. I am confident that there are enough sensible people in this country to make the right decision this time.
Too late to lobby your MP but its ok to continue moaning on a forum thats irrelevant and will achieve nothing :?

'the damage has been done by people like you' ...... you know nothing about me mate

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Stop calling me thick. We don't agree but let's not sink into insults. You bought up the bus and I just corrected your assertion.

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Looks like Mrs may is finally steadying the Brexit ship , she's looking good , confident and assuring, like my dear mum when she's baking in the kitchen.. and we all know when she's finished we'll get a decent cake , yum :D