The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

nut flush gooner

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by nut flush gooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:36 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:05 am
flash gunner wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:13 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:42 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:35 am

mate this is a football forum, even as a football forum it rarely takes anything seriously. If you think this is bad you would have struggled during the heyday of the forum!!!!

If you want to seriously debate Brexit go to a political forum because you wont get much sensible debate here and some might say neither should it
Football in relation to politics is light-hearted I agree. But that doesn't mean the same should apply to certain threads on this side of the forum. If Arsenal lose yeah we are all pissed off but at least can laugh about it, when peoples livelihoods and standard of living are on the line that's different gravy imo.
Instead of moaning on a irrelevant football forum and getting annoyed that people dont take it serious do something about it, lobby your MP might be a first step
I have met my local MP about a local traffic issue specific to the road I live In. In addition the EU referendum was briefly discussed before the meeting began with other residents. As a Labour MP I found it strange that I agreed with a lot of what he had to say and in my opinion the previous conservative MP got booted out because of the result amongst other things that the Tories fucked up on in their manifesto.

Lobbying MPs is too late really, the damage has already been done by people like you. And the laughable thing is people (mainly brexiteers) think we shouldn't pay a penny for leaving the EU. Firstly it's enshrined in law, we signed up to this. When you sign up to a legal contract do you ignore it, when you realise that you don't like the terms and conditions which you probably didn't read in the first place.

Now the border issue has reared its ugly head with ROI. I am sure they think the British are utter retards for all the bother Brexit is now causing. It's not only the border but the treatment of NI where the Irish want the north to remain within the customs union and the single market. That in its own right pisses the DUP off because the only tabled solution suggests a unified Ireland in all but name.

Given the mess this whole process has created, we really should have another referendum before any exit from the EU takes place. The people decided to leave the EU we should decide on whether it's a hard or soft Brexit. I am confident that there are enough sensible people in this country to make the right decision this time.
Too late to lobby your MP but its ok to continue moaning on a forum thats irrelevant and will achieve nothing :?

'the damage has been done by people like you' ...... you know nothing about me mate
Who said it's moaning? It's only moaning to people who don't put any thought into deciding what is the best route for this country, or try to come across as if they really know what they are talking about.

nut flush gooner

The Ireland issue still hasn't been resolved, and all that 50bn euros gets us is a forum to discuss a trade deal. That trade deal could be a good or bad one, we shall see over the coming months.

We really look like we have the upper hand over the Europeans as many Brexiteers always point out, not.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Hard Brexit a coming, and all their Euro projects will be fucked!.... :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

nut flush gooner posted -Who said it's moaning?

I say its moaning

nut flush gooner posted -It's only moaning to people who don't put any thought into deciding what is the best route for this country, or try to come across as if they really know what they are talking about.

That doesn't make any sense!!! :D So your opinions do not match others (lets face it no one really knows the outcome yet) . even in the world of football this forum is irrelevant but you'd rather come here about brexit than post somewhere that might make a difference, oh well

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Not officially brexit but thought id keep this man in everyones mind

https://news.sky.com/story/attenborough ... y-11156032

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:54 am
I seriously do not understand your mentality. You do realise that the rest of Europe (becoming more prosperous by the day even without us giving them £50 billion) cannot believe how stupid the UK is being.

The only country that will be really fucked by a hard Brexit will be the UK!!
We already don’t invest enough in the NHS, after Brexit we will have a 3rd world healthcare. If you can pay you will be ok, if not then tough. Apart from the fact that the NHS won’t have enough staff there won’t be enough money for example cancer drugs.

And that is just one part of society that will crumble. If you add in all the problems....all happening at the same time then the consequences are truly terrifying.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:28 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
I seriously do not understand your mentality. You do realise that the rest of Europe (becoming more prosperous by the day even without us giving them £50 billion) cannot believe how stupid the UK is being.

We already don’t invest enough in the NHS, after Brexit we will have a 3rd world healthcare. If you can pay you will be ok, if not then tough. Apart from the fact that the NHS won’t have enough staff there won’t be enough money for example cancer drugs.

And that is just one part of society that will crumble. If you add in all the problems....all happening at the same time then the consequences are truly terrifying.
The NHS is already a 3rd world institution thanks to the Conservative government

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:13 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:

The NHS is already a 3rd world institution thanks to the Conservative government
I agree that the Tories have been gradually destroying the NHS. Fact is you ain’t seen nothing yet! Watch what happens to it after Brexit.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:46 pm
Stop calling me thick. We don't agree but let's not sink into insults. You bought up the bus and I just corrected your assertion.
Agreed. Lads, let's not descend into insults and name calling please.

nut flush gooner

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:17 am
nut flush gooner posted -Who said it's moaning?

I say its moaning

nut flush gooner posted -It's only moaning to people who don't put any thought into deciding what is the best route for this country, or try to come across as if they really know what they are talking about.

That doesn't make any sense!!! :D So your opinions do not match others (lets face it no one really knows the outcome yet) . even in the world of football this forum is irrelevant but you'd rather come here about brexit than post somewhere that might make a difference, oh well
Of course it makes sense. When someone has a differing opinion there's nothing wrong with that, as long as it's reasoned, thought out and coherent. To say that a remainer moans just because he points out the pitfalls of brexit, a lot of which have already come true is just so wrong.

By the way Flash, I do have discussions about Brexit across various SM platforms it's even come up in crypto currency discussions, just this thread is somewhere that I find myself having to question what people are saying more.

With regards to football, I wen't to the game on Saturday and have open dialogue with other Gooners in person who by and large want Wenger out. Is there really anything more to say about the club, it's like groundhog day every season.
Last edited by nut flush gooner on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

nut flush gooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:40 am
A11M11 wrote:
Stop calling me thick. We don't agree but let's not sink into insults. You bought up the bus and I just corrected your assertion.
Agreed, he's not thick just misinformed.

:D :D :D

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:46 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:40 am
A11M11 wrote:
Agreed, he's not thick just misinformed.

:D :D :D

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
:lol: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:30 am
flash gunner wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:13 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:

I agree that the Tories have been gradually destroying the NHS. Fact is you ain’t seen nothing yet! Watch what happens to it after Brexit.
A guess, you dont know that