The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Herd

Re: EU referendum - What will you vote?

Post by Herd »

OUT

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

the playing mantis wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:Coming out will have absolutely no effect on the migrant crisis whatsoever.
Of course it will. Norway isn't comparable its a tiny export market for the eu. We are huge. We can have a say so long as it's not sold down the river as part of trade negotiations.

Also it will stop 75m turks ring able to move here when they join. Can't wait for that.

Why are people doing down the UK as an independent nation. Australia, Canada new Zealand manage ok...
It will have no effect because the migrants that are coming here from the EU are not the problem. It's those coming from outside the EU that get here illegally that are the problem. Coming out of the EU will have absolutely no effect on that at all. If anything it will worsen the problem. Currently the French make some (only a little mind you) effort to prevent them leaving their border. Once we're out of the EU they'll do fuck all. They've also clearly stated that our immigration centre in France will be sent back to this side of the channel. Currently we can kick them out from there and they're back in France. Once it's over here we'll be releasing them to appear at a hearing to confirm their status within x amount of days/weeks/months. Once they've been released (you can't hold the poor dears in holding centres because it's against their human rights :roly: ) they won't be coming back to appear at any hearing, they'll disappear into obscurity.
The UK will never take the same stance on immigration as the other nations mentioned above. Even those nations wouldn't introduce those measures today. They only have them because they've been in place for many years. The UK wants to be seen on the world stage as a sympathetic, reasonable, compassionate country and uncontrolled immigration is the result. I also think our country is to blame for a lot of the immigration in the first place. Firstly, we advertise the UK on the world stage as being a major player with a great economy. Who wouldn't want to move there if that's what you're hearing daily? Secondly, we sold a lot of the weapons to the various fighting factions that are displacing a lot of these refugees. I think we have a responsibility to many of them in that respect.
My main issue with the EU, and the reason I am leaning toward voting ourselves out of it, is that nobody in the UK ever agreed to a political union. We went into an economic community that got out of control and the only way to stop it is to lead the charge away from it. I actually think that some other countries will follow suit if we go, causing the whole thing to be re designed. I'm not against re-joining either. Just re-joining under a different set of terms. Brexit will benefit the whole of Europe as it will change the way it has to move forward.

On a slightly different note, does anyone else think that Merkel is trying to do a Hitler but with laws rather than guns?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

It's not just Merkel, there are individual reasons that people might have for staying in but once you look past those and listen to the Brussels politicos it's clear that they won't rest until it is one big federal state . Not surprisingly they see themselves at the top of it.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Chippy wrote:Image
On the other hand imagine if we weren't a member of the EU but were being given a chance to join it. It wouldn't even go to a referendum because people would laugh the idea of joining this idealistic, inefficient, overreaching, bureaucratic, un-democratic, Interfering joke of an organisation out of town.

Easy to make bold statements on hypothetical perspectives!

Sean

Post by Sean »

Come now, national independence doesn't fit in with the globalists 'One-world nation' agenda :roll: :wink:

The EU may not have been so bad if mass immigration - and erosion of European identities - wasn't such a non-negotiable. That and the unfortunate differences in living standards which is contributing to the 'evacuation' of poorer countries and the over-population of the richer ones. The idea has been ruined - if not doomed already - due to their desire to rapidly expand the superstate, no matter the living standards or if they are even European!

Resistance is futile!

Like with The Old Fraud; I still am, and always will be, 100% against :barscarf: 8)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I might vote yes and then become a MEP. If you can't beat them...reform from the inside.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Leave

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I'm voting for tits out. All day every day. Tits out! And Wenger out, of course.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:I'm voting for tits out. All day every day. Tits out! And Wenger out, of course.
:lol: :lol:

First sensible post on this thread, Perry! 8)

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:I'm voting for tits out. All day every day. Tits out! And Wenger out, of course.
:lol: :lol:

First sensible post on this thread, Perry! 8)
Thank you, old chap. I thought it was about time we raised the intellectual bar round here.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I knew it!

There are a lot of forum members here who want to come out :shock: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:I knew it!

ooh - Matron! :sex:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

That little sneaky one from behind just has to be rodders :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

That little sneaky one from behind just has to be rodders :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah. And I'm thinking that's augie up front. Has the look of a "catcher" about him. A bald catcher. :lol: :wink: