The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: EU referendum - What will you vote?

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:I knew it!

There are a lot of forum members here who want to come out :shock: :lol:
ooh - Matron! :sex:
That little sneaky one from behind just has to be rodders :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah. And I'm thinking that's augie up front. Has the look of a "catcher" about him. A bald catcher. :lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol:

Looks happy enough though :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I will vote out, not because of xenophobia, not because of jobs or the economy, not because of over stretched public services, not because of what i'm told by one side or the other especially when they can't get their stories straight or put things down in a clear and understandable manner but simply because i believe in national sovereignty.

I've worked with people from all over the world and of all religions and most of them are good decent people but very few of them think of themselves as 'citizens of the world', neither do i and i'm sick of other people thinking they should tell me how i should live when the majority of those people either don't live in the same country as me or see themselves as some sort of 'messiah' to the ills of the world.

Now i know some of you will see inconsistencies in what i have said but again i don't really care.

Sean

Post by Sean »

I have finally got an OUT flyer through the letterbox today and it's from the Grass Roots OUT campaign - http://grassrootsout.co.uk/ :barscarf:

It's typical that there's no 'official' campaign :roll:

It seems that it is the politician class against the public, mostly. I do hope the voting isn't rigged, as this will be the only chance we get to vote on this and all the propaganda and finances will be on the IN side. The bastard traitor politicians are shitting themselves that Joe Public might actually want out of this EU clusterfuck against their wishes. Fuck 'em!

I still am, and always will be 100% against 8)

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

What worries me is the Irish Euro referendum débacle, the government didn't get the answer they wanted initially so ran it until they did. (I know that's an over simplification of the situation but you get my meaning)

There is too much vested interest in this issue for it to be fairly fought Sean. One of the reason the SNP lost the Scottish referendum was due to lack of concrete information, i get the feeling something similar will happen here. Too many ifs, buts and maybes.....

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I really think that this £9m postal campaign will backfire.

People have already had the scaremongering from both sides rammed down their throat and it is just going to get worse.

This leaflet isn't saying anything that hasn't been said time and time again already and that won't be said time and time again. It's just reinforcing people's distrust in the government and the Remain campaign, and frankly distrust is the main weapon of the Leave mob.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:What worries me is the Irish Euro referendum débacle, the government didn't get the answer they wanted initially so ran it until they did. (I know that's an over simplification of the situation but you get my meaning)

There is too much vested interest in this issue for it to be fairly fought Sean. One of the reason the SNP lost the Scottish referendum was due to lack of concrete information, i get the feeling something similar will happen here. Too many ifs, buts and maybes.....
Hilariously correct though mate. :lol: :oops:

Democracy? Grand unless you don't get the result you want. What our government got away with there was fucking disgraceful. :x But then the words corrupt bastard and Oirish politician were designed to go hand in hand. :|

At the moment we have a load of fucking arsehole lying corrupt cúnts trying to form a government because everyone here is so sick of the corruption and lying that no one party got enough votes in the recent general election. To hear these pathetic petty prick politicians bickering like schoolkids on the radio and TV and refusing to put anything ahead of their own self-interest and nest feathering is sickening. :evil:

Herd

Post by Herd »

"Today, institutions fundamental to the British system of Government are under attack: the public schools, the house of Lords, the Church of England, the holy institution of Marriage, even our magnificent police force are no longer safe from those who would undermine our society, and it's about time we said 'enough is enough' and saw a return to the traditional British values of discipline, obedience, morality and freedom.
What we want is:

Freedom from the reds and the blacks and the criminals
Prostitutes, pansies and punks
Football hooligans, juvenile delinquents
Lesbians and left wing scum
Freedom from the niggers and the Pakis and the unions
Freedom from the Gipsies and the Jews
Freedom from leftwing layabouts and liberals
Freedom from the likes of you..."

Power in the darkness
Frightening lies from the other side
Power in the darkness
Stand up and fight for your rights

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:What worries me is the Irish Euro referendum débacle, the government didn't get the answer they wanted initially so ran it until they did. (I know that's an over simplification of the situation but you get my meaning)

Democracy? Grand unless you don't get the result you want. What our government got away with there was fucking disgraceful. :x But then the words corrupt bastard and Oirish politician were designed to go hand in hand. :|

At the moment we have a load of fucking arsehole lying corrupt cúnts trying to form a government because everyone here is so sick of the corruption and lying that no one party got enough votes in the recent general election. To hear these pathetic petty prick politicians bickering like schoolkids on the radio and TV and refusing to put anything ahead of their own self-interest and nest feathering is sickening. :evil:
Personally, I agree that in a perfect world we would not have the need for political parties. George Washington

Sean

Post by Sean »

DB10GOONER wrote:

I agree with you both. That situation was fucking disgraceful :censored:

Politicians are a pack of cunnts :cussing:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

It seems pretty obvious as the sides are taken that those in big business and on the finance gravy train are desperate to stay in whilst the general public are split albeit more in favour of brexit. I wonder that if we up sticks and go how many other countries would come under pressure to do likewise.

Sean

Post by Sean »

My government propaganda 'In' booklet arrived yesterday :censored:

As well as another Grass Roots OUT leaflet :barscarf:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Today the remain campaign headed for Norwich and went straight to the Uea and tried to brainwash the students . They are aiming their scares at kids because they know that unlike adults they have no memory of the lies and duplicity of the organisation. Their main argument was that by getting out despite their prospective degrees they would be facing dole queues as Britain's workforce would suffer. Had they said we believe that this might be the case it would be more honest but promising a life on benefits for these kids is just plain wrong and shows how low they are prepared to swoop to get their votes.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

A11M11 wrote:Today the remain campaign headed for Norwich and went straight to the Uea and tried to brainwash the students . They are aiming their scares at kids because they know that unlike adults they have no memory of the lies and duplicity of the organisation. Their main argument was that by getting out despite their prospective degrees they would be facing dole queues as Britain's workforce would suffer. Had they said we believe that this might be the case it would be more honest but promising a life on benefits for these kids is just plain wrong and shows how low they are prepared to swoop to get their votes.
I should think the 700,000 Spanish, Italian and Portuguese workers coming to the UK won't help their job prospects either. (As reported yesterday.) Nor, I suspect the many migrants who will now try to get into the UK across the English Channel after to two Iranians rescued today.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

OUT! The town that I live in is actually becoming anti English. The annual festival of culture skirts over the indigenous one and bigs up all the others. Complaints have already been made to the Council about an official St Georges Day celebration in the town centre, as well as the independent ones in local pubs etc. A few years ago they even had a vote to stop the flag of St George being flown above the town hall,(luckily it was narrowly defeated). English kids are being pushed into corner of classrooms to copy from books while eastern European kids are supplied with teaching assistants who speak their language, as well as text books from their own country.
Come the summer certain pubs will make it clear that people wearing England shirts will not be welcome, while any pubs that do try to accommodate the England fans will be categorised as racist.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:OUT! The town that I live in is actually becoming anti English. The annual festival of culture skirts over the indigenous one and bigs up all the others. Complaints have already been made to the Council about an official St Georges Day celebration in the town centre, as well as the independent ones in local pubs etc. A few years ago they even had a vote to stop the flag of St George being flown above the town hall,(luckily it was narrowly defeated). English kids are being pushed into corner of classrooms to copy from books while eastern European kids are supplied with teaching assistants who speak their language, as well as text books from their own country.
Come the summer certain pubs will make it clear that people wearing England shirts will not be welcome, while any pubs that do try to accommodate the England fans will be categorised as racist.
I think there was a report out recently that English boys are not achieving as much as 'others'.