The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

northbank123

Re: EU referendum - What will you vote?

Post by northbank123 »

:lol:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Chippy wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Ah the old 'net economic benefit' propaganda - merely because taxation receipts outweigh welfare payments.

Nut Flush do you honestly think that unchecked immigration from Serbia, Kosovo, Albania etc would be beneficial for the UK?
For an intelligent bloke you do talk some cobblers. There as much chance of Turkey, Serbia, Kosovo and Albania joining the EU in the next 20 years as me becoming the queen of Ireland.
Not sure what youre point is tbh. Out of all those countries, Turkey is highly likely to be offered membership of the EU because they have struck a deal to stop refugees trying to make the journey to Greece in exchange for $$ and a serious discussion about joining the EU. One of my point's is to do with the effect of immigration from all EU countries to the UK. I appreciate the Albanian has slightly sidetracked the arguement, but don't forget a lot of doctors come from and are trained in India. Do you want to ban them as well?

nut flush gooner

northbank123 wrote:
Chippy wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Ah the old 'net economic benefit' propaganda - merely because taxation receipts outweigh welfare payments.

Nut Flush do you honestly think that unchecked immigration from Serbia, Kosovo, Albania etc would be beneficial for the UK?
For an intelligent bloke you do talk some cobblers. There as much chance of Turkey, Serbia, Kosovo and Albania joining the EU in the next 20 years as me becoming the queen of Ireland.
I didn't suggest that they were on the verge of joining - but those particular countries have been mentioned on the past few pages and Nut Flush responded to concerns about south/eastwards expansion with the old "immigration has net economic benefit" line. Just seeing how far that goes for him. Although given the strategic security importance of Turkey it is hardly unlikely that their membership will be fast-tracked.

And you can turn down the condescension several notches - yes people have staunch views and its evidently an emotive topic but you seem determined on this thread to paint anybody who wants to leave as an idiot.
Don't take it personally, you are entitled to your opinion - but I will put a constructive argument against anything that is said that I don't think is correct or accurate. I don't understand why you keep rejecting the economic data that suggests that migration of all forms not just the EU is beneficial to the UK. Every group that has come to this country since the 50/60s when the Asians/Indians amongst other groups came to the UK has made a significant contribution in building what is one of the biggest economies in the world today.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Believe me Turkey will not join the EU in my life time. It will never meet the criteria while it has this quasi-fascist government.

http://qpol.qub.ac.uk/turkey-long-way-joining-eu/

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner - you are a bit of a paradox... :rubchin: :D

On this thread you seem very keen on "foreigners" coming to the UK (unless I'm misinterpreting your comments) and yet on the Manc Logic thread you appear not so keen on "foreigners" supporting Arsenal? :|

Are you being a tad selective - or as I say, am I misinterpreting your comments? :eh:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Chippy wrote:Believe me Turkey will not join the EU in my life time. It will never meet the criteria while it has this quasi-fascist government.

Turkey has a close relationship with Germany and if they can get in they will.
They shouldn't be allowed to as they still illegally occupy half of Cyprus, a member state since 2004. One of the terms of EU membership is to not show any military force against a fellow member state. Until a solution can be agreed on Cyprus then Turkey should not be allowed anywhere near the EU.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Chippy wrote:Believe me Turkey will not join the EU in my life time. It will never meet the criteria while it has this quasi-fascist government.

They shouldn't be allowed to as they still illegally occupy half of Cyprus, a member state since 2004. One of the terms of EU membership is to not show any military force against a fellow member state. Until a solution can be agreed on Cyprus then Turkey should not be allowed anywhere near the EU.
There are people from certain communities that would point to Northern Ireland in response to that comment, you know. :D :wink:

nut flush gooner

DB10GOONER wrote:nut flush gooner - you are a bit of a paradox... :rubchin: :D

On this thread you seem very keen on "foreigners" coming to the UK (unless I'm misinterpreting your comments) and yet on the Manc Logic thread you appear not so keen on "foreigners" supporting Arsenal? :|

Are you being a tad selective - or as I say, am I misinterpreting your comments? :eh:
I think you are misinterpreting my comments. There's a big difference between a European migrant who wants to come to the UK to work, pay taxes and naturally better themselves versus a yank who goes onto social media and spouts rubbish like he's been a gooner all his life.

You gotta stop taking these 3 hours lunches ;).

nut flush gooner

I've read up about this again, the deal seems to be visa focused rather than offering full blown membership. Fair enough.
Last edited by nut flush gooner on Fri May 27, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:nut flush gooner - you are a bit of a paradox... :rubchin: :D

I think you are misinterpreting my comments. There's a big difference between a European migrant who wants to come to the UK to work, pay taxes and naturally better themselves versus a yank who goes onto social media and spouts rubbish like he's been a gooner all his life.

You gotta stop taking these 3 hours lunches ;).
Can't. It's in my contract. :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

There are people from certain communities that would point to Northern Ireland in response to that comment, you know. :D :wink:
Yeah, I can understand the similarities.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Getting my Irish passport application ready as we speak.

to be sure. :D :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:Getting my Irish passport application ready as we speak.

Sorry, mate - I don't think we accept applications from trans-gender chubbies.

We are not THAT pc here.

Yet. :banghead:

:D :wink:

nut flush gooner

Sometimes when I come on this thread I think of Alf garnett with some of the shit that gets spewed, so just to lighten up the mood, here's a classic with Alf's take on europe :).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB8urDHETYM

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:Getting my Irish passport application ready as we speak.

Sorry, mate - I don't think we accept applications from trans-gender chubbies.

We are not THAT pc here.

Yet. :banghead:

:D :wink:
Who said that? :shock: :? :wink: