Watford (H) | FA Cup R6 | Sunday 13th March 13:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Sean

Watford (H) | FA Cup R6 | Sunday 13th March 13:30

Post by Sean »

Something tells me that TOF doesn't give a fuck about this competition...

Another second string outing?

I'll agree with Falkirk Goon's analysis 8) :barscarf:

goonertux

Re: Watford (H) | FA Cup R6 | Sunday 13th March 13:30

Post by goonertux »

All depends on who is left standing to play centre back. Deeney and Ighalo on their day can be dangerous. Should have walloped Manure last week. This could be the end of the season! (Apart from the Top 4 Trophy, of course)

gp543

Post by gp543 »

goonertux wrote:All depends on who is left standing to play centre back. Deeney and Ighalo on their day can be dangerous. Should have walloped Manure last week. This could be the end of the season! (Apart from the Top 4 Trophy, of course)
3 goals and 3 assists for the pair since the new year. If they don't score, no one else does.

3-0 to the Arsenal.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Would be more confident if this were away from home.

Watford, West Ham, Everton or Chelsea all more likely to make the final than us I think.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

A bit cautious about this one. Hopefully, we can carry the confidence from hull victory to this one with pretty much the same lineup. Iwobi to start again. CB combination of monreal and chambers didn't do too bad and could get away with it again in the Cup.

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

Unlike Hull Watford wont play their reserve team.And with one eye on Barca so we will rest Wally and Giroud :lol:

Watford win

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

I thought at the time it would've been useful to have Debuchy available at this time of year if required to cover injuries. Still, 30 years and all that...

Can see anything happening.

Anything! :lol:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

We will hammer them, and fans will hold up the 'In Arsene we trust banner', and Wright will have a pop at them on twitter :)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

It's a conundrum. Should he start Feo and Giroud now they are back on the goals (no matter how temporary that might be!!) or start Welbeck who has looked hungry and energetic since he came back?

If I had spent 30 years in football I'd start Giroud and Welbeck and never let Feo on the pitch ever again. :lol:

TBH I think we will win 3-0. :shock:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

send a message to Wenger and the board on Sunday.

BOYCOTT THE MATCH

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

It's not what anyone wants to hear, but the FA Cup has simply lost its importance. The last three to mean anything like what it used to mean were Arsenal vs Utd in 2005 (the penalty shootout), Liverpool vs West Ham 2006 (the Gerrard goal), and then, possibly, Chelsea vs Man Utd (merely by virtue of being two big teams) which was the first at the new Wembley.

Since then the big clubs of the day have largely ceased to take it very seriously. It's now just a single notch now above the League Cup in importance, no more. It lost it's "event" status a while ago.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Three things have really annoyed me about the FA Cup this season:

1) the stupid UEFA rule that FA Cup replays cannot clash with CL matches.
Sorry but Wolfsburg v Ghent should not take priority over our leading cup competition

2) the BBC stated that the draw would from this season revert back to Monday evenings after all matches have taken place, which makes sense
This lasted just 2 rounds. The draw for the QFs then took place on a Sunday evening when there was still a further 5th round match to be played the following evening

3) the FA Cup used to be "great" when most, if not all matches were played at 3pm on Saturdays.
I appreciate that we probably can't go back to those days, but look at the disjointed line up for QF weekend. One on a Friday night, one on Saturday and then another couple on Sunday. What a mess. As for the final kicking off at 5.15pm :roll:

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Without the upsets, the FA Cup isn't left with much. This season has been very boring and that's not likely to improve in the last few rounds. With Man U and Chelsea having Euro fixtures this week (and next week for Man U) I wouldn't be surprised if they lost and we had another relatively easy path to the final.

I agree about the spread of fixtures, it's really ridiculous now. I'm surprised they've not put one on Monday like last year.

Tommy_Goon

Post by Tommy_Goon »

A little off topic but I think would be beneficial is if for the FA Cup round weekends, they schedule the TV fixtures all on one day. you have a game kicking off at 12, at 2, at 4, at 6, and a late game at 8. It would be quite a unique concept and fans could really make a day of it.

I would put welbeck back in for this one, to increase his match fitness. I would leave him at home for the barca game so he's good to go for everton. Also put Bellerin and Ozil back in the team, continue with the flam-coq combo (not much option). basically rest players in the barca game, not this one.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Our manager is shite...we are playing shite....game will without doubt be a huge pile of stinky shite :barscarf: :barscarf: