Wenger Replacement

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Wenger Replacement

Ronald Koeman
21%
Joachim Low
17%
Thierry Henry
1%
Diego Simeone
39%
Patrick Vieira
1%
Manuel Pellegrini
1%
Frank De Boer
8%
Dennis Bergkamp
5%
Steve Bould
No votes
Brendan Rodgers
5%

Total votes: 75

Wilson

Wenger Replacement

Post by Wilson »

I like Low.

Ikechukwu1

Re: Wenger Replacement

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

I don't see Arsene Wenger as an option?

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

would like to see Simeone come in to shake things up, but I really can't see that happening

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

I have this awful feeling that after being kicked out of Villa, Remi Garde will arrive as his assistant for his final season.
And you can guess the rest.
The man even talks like Wenger, and I dont just mean his accent.

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

The more and and more I hear about him my choice would have to be Slaven Bilic,

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Joachim Löw

augie

Post by augie »

In an ideal world I would pick simeone but the Arsenal board don't have the guts to get a manager like him - I still absolutely believe that there are very few managers in world football that we couldn't get IF we were aggressive in our attempts to get them, because we have everything in place that any ambitious manager would want (big club, great stadium, huge fanbase, top class training facilities, healthy budget etc). However it will be easier for the board (and the akb) to hide behind the "who would we get that is better than wenger" line, and then go for some 2nd rate guy who is available or someone that wenker hand picks himself :roll: :oops: :evil:

Seeing as we wont go for simeone, my next choices would be either laudrup, low or koeman 8)

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Frank Schmidt of Bayer Leverkusen 04.

Heard of him anyone? :lol: :oops:

trustno10

Post by trustno10 »

Simeone is at Atletico until at least 2020. Besides, why would he want to come here? The realistic choice is Koeman, but even then I don't think he is much of an upgrade over Wenker

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Diego Simeone said he doesn't fancy England because of the language barrier, shouldn't even be in the poll. Also his team plays awful football.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

Simeone obviously.

But moving from Atletico to Arsenal is sort of a sideways move away from a club he loves and fans who adore him. Atletico have their own big plans, moving to a new big stadium and they want Diego for it.

Also, he has said many times he plays in a conservative way because he cannot afford to compete with Barca/Real and play attacking football. It's what their budget allows. If you do watch them, when they aren't defending in numbers they play neat quick one touch football. They were fantastic when they knocked Chelsea out and their league campaign in 2014 was fantastic.

Koeman is the realistic choice. Solid teams, organised and defensively competent.

Shame we missed out on Klopp and Guardiola, two natural Wenger successors. But the club had never even given it a thought to get either, they were comfortable with Wenger staying and they could do very little work, whilst Wenger does the donkey work.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Oh great. This thread again. :roll: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Also, what in the name of high sweet anal fuck is Brendan Rogers doing on that list??? :coffeespit: Why not add Allerdyce, Curbishly and Pulis as well?? :lol: :oops: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Some tits better get posted on this thread or I'm banning Wilson. :box: :cussing: :censored:

:D :wink: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:Also, what in the name of high sweet anal fuck is Brendan Rogers doing on that list??? :coffeespit: Why not add Allerdyce, Curbishly and Pulis as well?? :lol: :oops: :lol:

Am stunned with that myself :shock: