Toffees away Saturday 12.45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chippy

Toffees away Saturday 12.45

Post by Chippy »

I am very hungover so may have missed a thread for Saturday's game. If so apologies.

I know it's wrong but I hope we lose this to keep up the pressure on Wenker, and make it more likely we miss out on the CL next season. :oops:

fivetothree

Re: Toffees away Saturday 12.45

Post by fivetothree »

Agreed, a 3-0 drubbing and the pressure is really going to be on.

We are out of the title race anyway, so better that it moves that c.unt closer to the exit door, much as I hate to see us lose.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

2-1 to Everton.

Tommy_Goon

Post by Tommy_Goon »

Loss/draw will be the nail in the coffin for the season (and Wenger? wishful thinking). They are buoyed by the FA Cup win and going for a Europa spot, we haven't played a good game since December. We have showed up at Goodison in the past though.

Will be around for some pints pre-match for those going.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Battle of the Frauds :barscarf:

Our Old Fraud against their Young Fraud; idiots who think football should only be played one way, with no respect for the art of defence and to hell with everyone else who dares to use 'tactics' against them (Illegal, surely?).

It could go either way, but I'll agree with Falkirk Goon's analysis :lol:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

They pressed Chelsea, closed them down quickly, got in their faces, put them under constant pressure. Imagine when they do that to us :shock: :? ?? Cue... a scowling, arm flapping manager, an Arsenal red card for one of our midfielders who retaliates the only way he knows how, the rest of the team cowering as an "every man for himself attitude" sweeps through the team. Basically if one of the players tries to stand up to the Everton "bullies" he'll be on his own. After all,it's only a game, not worth getting kicked around for.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Another team who have fallen well short of their potential in this shittest of seasons thanks to their manager. Draw nailed on here

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

They stink at home; we just plain stink.

Lukaku, however, must be wanking himself into a Rodders-like frenzy at the prospect of skinning our pansy defenders though.

Christ knows how this one will go: Easy win, heavy beating or crazy score draw are all on the cards; perhaps even 0 - 0 too, have I covered all bases? :lol:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

officepest wrote:They stink at home; we just plain stink.

Lukaku, however, must be wanking himself into a Rodders-like frenzy at the prospect of skinning our pansy defenders though.

Christ knows how this one will go: Easy win, heavy beating or crazy score draw are all on the cards; perhaps even 0 - 0 too, have I covered all bases? :lol:
There are no easy wins on the cards for the remainder of this season. Villa at home will probably be a nailbiting 2-1 victory.

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

3 defeats on the spin is usually the point where we pick up a few better results and paper over the cracks in the wall.
But this time it feels different, like the wall is collapsing.
A Everton, H Watford, A West Ham the next 3 games, and what can we expect?
9 pts, a grinning Wenger, yet another pivotal moment, "we can win the title".
7 or 6 pts, a half grin, team has "mental strength".
5 or 4 pts, a straight face "I built Islington" defiant quote, referees at fault.
3 or 2 pts, slightly tetchy, terse replies, "remember we have finished in top 4 every one of my years here".
1 or 0 pts, sorry, I could not possibly conceive what excuses could be whipped for this outcome, maybe the clown will spontaneously combust.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I dont subscrtibe to the losing is winning theory .
If we dont qualify for the CL , the board will simply tighten it's belt and spend even less .
Under such circumstances only Wenger is capable of pulling it off !
Thus he is again safe and Golden !

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Herd wrote:I dont subscrtibe to the losing is winning theory .
If we dont qualify for the CL , the board will simply tighten it's belt and spend even less .
Cl qualification is vital. Without it quality players like Giroud, Walcott, Mertersacker, Kallstrom..... won't be prepared to sign for us

The pressure to win anything, beside the 4th place trophy, needs to be completely eradicated. Therefore a win on Saturday might offer a glimmer of hope that the PL can still be won. That is going to keep the pressure on this fragile squad, whereas dropping more points and ending all hope, will free them up to go on an unbeaten run, thereby clinching that coveted 4th spot. You watch, I guarantee you that if we drop points, Wenger will ruefully admit our chance is gone but the season is not over as it is important that we.......... you know the rest
Last edited by xisstential on Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

tough to call this one. i reckon we're at the point where we can no longer win the league, so the team will "step up" now and win most of the remaining games and heroically finish 2nd.

Herd

Post by Herd »

xisstential wrote:
Herd wrote:I dont subscrtibe to the losing is winning theory .
Cl qualification is vital. Without it quality players like Giroud, Walcott, Mertersacker, Kallstrom..... won't be prepared to sign for us

The pressure to win anything, beside the 4th place trophy, needs to be completely eradicated. Therefore a win on Saturday might offer a glimmer of hope that the PL can still be won. That is going to keep the pressure on this fragile squad, whereas dropping more points and ending all hope, will free them up to go on an unbeaten run, thereby clinching that coveted 4th spot. You watch, I guarantee you that if we drop points, Wenger will ruefully admit our chance is gone but the season is not over as it is important that we.......... you know the rest
:banghead: :barscarf: :shock: :barscarf: Oh yes

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Don't give a shit, just hoping Leicester win.

Result won't make a difference as far as Wenger is concerned. Better to get used to the idea that he'll be here next year......................................... because he will be! :cry: