Premier League Doping Scandal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MrT

Premier League Doping Scandal

Post by MrT »

Sunday Times are running a story tomorrow about clubs and players being caught doping.

My money is on the two teams above us.

:popcorn:

Perryashburtongroves

Re: Premier League Doping Scandal

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Man Utd or the Chavs and the FA have known for years but done fuck all. Hope it's the scum though.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

MrT wrote:Sunday Times are running a story tomorrow about clubs and players being caught doping.

My money is on the two teams above us.

:popcorn:
Meaning we win the league by default. :barscarf: :barscarf:

MrT

Post by MrT »

All the rumours are about Spurs and Leicester. I would not be surprised in the least if either of those two were implicated. They've played every match for most of the season at 100% with barely any injuries and look physically superior to every team they play against. Look at xxxxx today, still sprinting in the 91st minute like he's just had about 10 red bulls. Read somewhere their distance covered stats are insane in comparison to other clubs.

Been reading we have players involved too. :D
IDontLikeSpurs ‏@IDontLikeSpurs 3m3 minutes ago

Apparently, the players who where doping where; 7 from Leicester, 2 from Spurs, 1 Arsenal & few from City, Utd, Chelsea & other clubs

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

MrT wrote:All the rumours are about Spurs and Leicester. I would not be surprised in the least if either of those two were implicated. They've played every match for most of the season at 100% with barely any injuries and look physically superior to every team they play against. Look at xxxxx today, still sprinting in the 91st minute like he's just had about 10 red bulls. Read somewhere their distance covered stats are insane in comparison to other clubs.

We have dopey players no question. :D Any doping? not so sure

Edited by Chippy.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

[quote="MrT"]All the rumours are about Spurs and Leicester. I would not be surprised in the least if either of those two were implicated. They've played every match for most of the season at 100% with barely any injuries and look physically superior to every team they play against. Look at xxxxx today, still sprinting in the 91st minute like he's just had about 10 red bulls. Read somewhere their distance covered stats are insane in comparison to other clubs.

And we're still only in third, can't do anything right. :wink:

MrT

Post by MrT »

casgooner wrote:
MrT wrote:All the rumours are about Spurs and Leicester. I would not be surprised in the least if either of those two were implicated. They've played every match for most of the season at 100% with barely any injuries and look physically superior to every team they play against. Look at Eriksen today, still sprinting in the 91st minute like he's just had about 10 red bulls. Read somewhere their distance covered stats are insane in comparison to other clubs.

And we're still only in third, can't do anything right. :wink:
:lol:

Don't mean to turn this into a twatter gossip thread but a weird thing happened now. Jamie Vardy just liked this tweet from a gooner who apparently has some inside sources, then unliked it. A fucking random tweet to like at this time. Or it could mean he's coming to Arsenal. No idea what's going on.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

After Wenger's comments about doping in football if they find one of our players, the authorities will slaughter us. May also indirectly affect Wenger secure position. After all it was non footballing issue that saw Graham's tenure end. I'd suggest they investigate Barcelona as well.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Pumping Messi full of HGH for years and years (albeit as a legitimate medical treatment) must have given him an advantage when it comes to quickness and strength.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Guys can we be very careful here please. Do not use any names unless you are quoting from a reliable source e.g. the Sunday Times, otherwise we might get done for libel. I have edited names out of a couple of posts above. Cheers.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Oops ALLEGEDLY we have been up to it to! :shock: ALLEGEDLY not Tottnum though. Will we ever find out and its it the truth anyway? According to the Independent.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... al-Chelsea

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

northbank123 wrote:Pumping Messi full of HGH for years and years (albeit as a legitimate medical treatment) must have given him an advantage when it comes to quickness and strength.
Absolutely. Even if he was the most skilful footballer ever, he was given artificial help to achieve something which would have prevented him being good enough. It's the same as being an incredibly accurate and technically correct bowler in cricket but being too small to generate enough pace and bounce, therefore, you don't make it. At the end of the day, if he hadn't have been given growth hormones, he wouldn't have been able to achieve what he has achieved and would have been released by his club at 15 or whatever. But it's Barcelona, so nobody cares at UEFA or FIFA. If it was some small club in Eastern Europe, the bloke would have been banned for five years.
Last edited by Perryashburtongroves on Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Whilst I don't think that dopers deserve media protection, I have to say that it is pretty piss-poor investigative journalism to identify one doctor and then speculatively smear a few clubs whilst admitting that they have no evidence to substantiate it.

Obviously they have exhausted their avenues hence why they have published this garbage now rather than waiting until they had further details and actually namin alleged culprits.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

northbank123 wrote:Whilst I don't think that dopers deserve media protection, I have to say that it is pretty piss-poor investigative journalism to identify one doctor and then speculatively smear a few clubs whilst admitting that they have no evidence to substantiate it.

Obviously they have exhausted their avenues hence why they have published this garbage now rather than waiting until they had further details and actually namin alleged culprits.
I agree, at the moment it's just a nothing story. I thought we were going to get names with substantiated evidence. I think this story will just disappear unless clubs like Arsenal and Chelsea decide to sue for libel. I haven't actually seen the Times article, I just read bits second hand from the net.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

casgooner wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Whilst I don't think that dopers deserve media protection, I have to say that it is pretty piss-poor investigative journalism to identify one doctor and then speculatively smear a few clubs whilst admitting that they have no evidence to substantiate it.

I agree, at the moment it's just a nothing story. I thought we were going to get names with substantiated evidence. I think this story will just disappear unless clubs like Arsenal and Chelsea decide to sue for libel. I haven't actually seen the Times article, I just read bits second hand from the net.
And I would be surprised if any of the clubs decide to pursue legal action because it will just give the story more legs, credibility and traction. Easy enough at this stage just to issue a complete rebuttal and point out the story's admitted lack of evidence.

Besides, I understand that the story has conceded that the clubs had no particular dealings with this bloke and it was individual players, so doubt any legal action would be viable (particularly given that defamation is an incredibly difficult action to succeed with here).