Arsenal - thanks for the memories.....

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
amazonas

Re: Arsenal - thanks for the memories.....

Post by amazonas »

casgooner wrote:
amazonas wrote:
casgooner wrote:I love all of these short shorts, not like the flappy ones they wear now. No wonder Alexis is always pulling one leg up to his butt.
yeah sure :lol: :lol: :dancingbanana:
:barscarf:
Do you like eyeing all the muscly legs from the short shorts too? :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

What a glorious day this was at Wembley too.....my Donkey Wins the Derby T-shirt was probably my favourite item of clothing in 1993 :D

Remind me what the Spuds have won since then? 1 League Cup

Thankfully for them they now have the world's greatest manager and the team who are about to win Euro 2016 apparently

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

In the scheme of things it wasn't a victory that meant anything major at the end of it, but one of my fondest memories of a big away win and a little bit of history with Tony Woodcock getting 5 goals. One of my early heroes, and although he will probably be more remembered for his achievements with Forest, I always thought he was a top striker for us

Take that and shove your "ave you won the European Cup" up your arse ! Enjoy the Championship......they've already been it since Woodcock's 5 goals anyway, so still in the memory

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

:barscarf:

:oops: :censored:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

You forgot the big one Henry

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Sean

Post by Sean »

armchair

Post by armchair »

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The 1991 vintage - a team that never truly got the credit they deserved losing only 1 game all season and with the best defence this country has ever seen. Not surprising really because as we all know football was only invented by Sky a year later

Was there for the Man U game - one of the proudest moments ever when they clapped us on to the pitch having already been crowned champions....and was back for that final game when we whacked six past Cov
Happy old days

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Was there for the Man U game - one of the proudest moments ever when they clapped us on to the pitch having already been crowned champions....and was back for that final game when we whacked six past Cov
Happy old days
Oh what a night !
First Liverpool lose at Forest making us champions b4 a ball was kicked .
MUFC having to clap us on to the pitch ,they were not happy at that !
Bryan Robson trying to hack our players down before Paul Davis stamped on his ankle and he had to be carried off with the crowd "chanting Robson Robson man of the match " !
The banners and the songs , "you can stick your fucking two points up your arse !"

After the match they had some drinks in the stadium ,we gibbed it and Graham had Fergy in Tow ,bumped into them all later in the famous Dover Street Wine Bar !
No sleep at all that night ! :barscarf:

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

Stan Simpson modelling the home kit for 1972

Frank guv'nor of the Sutton Arms in the Cally

Big Raddy scores the 2nd goal v Anderlecht 1970

Fairs cup winners

Sammy Nelson

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I love these type of threads, I really do, nostalgic old bastard that I am.

In these times of mercenary millionaire players, corporate whore owners, pimped clubs, shit JCL fans, and generic LEGO stadiums, it's heart warming to remember just what a great club we used to be. Some brilliant images, lads. Keep them coming. 8)

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:I love these type of threads, I really do, nostalgic old bastard that I am.

In these times of mercenary millionaire players, corporate whore owners, pimped clubs, shit JCL fans, and generic LEGO stadiums, it's heart warming to remember just what a great club we used to be. Some brilliant images, lads. Keep them coming. 8)
Yeah I love these type of threads too. Totally agree with what you say.

Whenever I watch or read about the old stuff I can feel that passionate feeling burning inside me ... but as soon as I see anything in the Emirates era it is like a roaring flame having a bucket of water chucked on it. I was watching the Henry goals DVD the other day. Turned it off when the 06/07 season started. This era is just not Arsenal for me.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Yeah some great photos and memories there.......

really was delighted when we won at Coventry, we was all over them but losing one nil, Charlie Nicholas in the team

Scored to in the last couple of minutes, everyone going mental.....that was a great trip

Of course the League cup semi final when we knocked out scum at here place was a fantastic atmosphere, never to be forgotten

On another point interesting photo of Pat Rice he was a feisty character, really strange how he sat silent on the bench alongside Wenger, that just was not him.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Awesome thread...a lot of great memories. Loved walking to Highbury from Finsbury Park as the Liverpool, Forest game finished that Monday night in 1991. People celebrating in the street. Fantastic night in the stadium.

amazonas

Post by amazonas »

donaldo71 wrote:
Frank guv'nor of the Sutton Arms in the Cally

Looks like he is mistaking the register for a piano :D