Ten Years At The Emirates

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Brightonnxtround

Re: Ten Years At The Emirates

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Mr wong no shout and scream just site in seat behaving oneself and taking occassional pictures smiling pleasantly at everyone around him , he cant bereve his luck at watching world famous arsenal

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Football will never be the same, the changes came long before the move.
We are not the only ones to suffer, and I scratch my head when that mob up the road get planning to upgrade that shithouse.
The pisshead promised us a stadium fit for a Team of world beaters, and we got a grey and ugly stadium full of world day trippers.
I lost my hunger for this club years ago, the sky high prices, the reconstituted plastic tasting food, and the mandatory plastic glass (forgive the double meaning) glass.
Maybe I am getting a bit long in the tooth after over 50 years following those beautiful old cotton shirts with a white emblazoned crest of a cannon pointing in the correct direction, you can go on about Wenger and his accomplishments, but I remember when it was so tough to win the league with 22 teams and pitches that after the match resembled a battlefield in the Somme, not some poncy green overwatered billiard table as you have now.
Yes fellow gooners, they can rip the heart out of your club, but they can never eradicate our memories of a once proud establishment.

REB

Post by REB »

a lot of us feel the same way allgunsblazin. i still love the arsenal but i dont feel the same way when its comes to going to games anymore, the whole football experience we have today is just sterile , tbh i just dont enjoy it anymore .

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yes, the world has changed in so many ways - And along with it those things we cherish and love (ie: THE Arsenal) have been part of that 'Progress' (sic) I can recall going to Highbury as a young teenager with my older brother, the feeling of comradeship with other Arsenal fans - You didn't know them - But they/I/we were 'connected' - we were one big Arsenal Family - The sounds, the smells, the colours, ....the 'feeling' was like no other - Pure Ecstasy...Arriving 20 minutes before kick-off to soak up the atmosphere even on the coldest wettest days/nights - that was when we had an atmosphere...We were part of that atmosphere...and Win, Lose or Draw in the freezing cold and soaked to the skin - But still 'Buzzing' - It is quite some time since I felt that 'Buzz'. :cry:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Was when the real Arsenal FC died and was replaced by a moneymaking franchise.

Worst decision the club ever made! :cry:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The first ten years at the Emirates could be made into a film - "Tomorrow never comes"

Promises of competing with Europe's elite, replaced by selling all of our top players in the first 6-7 years and since then fobbed off by the American and robbed blind.

Is the picture of Fabregas still hanging up on Ken Friar Bridge? Just about sums up everything I hate about the fucking ground

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:Was when the real Arsenal FC died and was replaced by a moneymaking franchise.

Worst decision the club ever made! :cry:
We moved so we could host X factor auditions and Brazil friendlies

You have to admit its been a rip-roaring success

:barscarf:

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

OneBardGooner wrote:Yes, the world has changed in so many ways - And along with it those things we cherish and love (ie: THE Arsenal) have been part of that 'Progress' (sic) I can recall going to Highbury as a young teenager with my older brother, the feeling of comradeship with other Arsenal fans - You didn't know them - But they/I/we were 'connected' - we were one big Arsenal Family - The sounds, the smells, the colours, ....the 'feeling' was like no other - Pure Ecstasy...Arriving 20 minutes before kick-off to soak up the atmosphere even on the coldest wettest days/nights - that was when we had an atmosphere...We were part of that atmosphere...and Win, Lose or Draw in the freezing cold and soaked to the skin - But still 'Buzzing' - It is quite some time since I felt that 'Buzz'. :cry:
I was there for the 1st leg against Bayern in 2014 (Block 15, row 9) - the atmosphere was by far the best I've seen at the Bowl; hadn't seen anywhere near that level of buzz and excitement since Highbury (and haven't since). Great atmosphere getting off the tube, the walk to the stadium, heading up the bridge. Once in the stadium, the noise levels I had never heard at the bowl before - although that could have been one of the corporates upstairs moaning that catering had forgotten the side of celery and humus to go with their prawn sandwich... the mood and noise levels kinda died down once Ozil missed his penalty and that diving **** Robben got Sczes sent off :lol:

Was also there to see Yaya Sanogo score his first professional goal against Dortmund, followed by sarcastic cheers :barscarf: Haven't been to the Lego bowl since, and probably won't again until either Wenger fucks off or we start showing some intent

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

postmanPat91 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:Yes, the world has changed in so many ways - And along with it those things we cherish and love (ie: THE Arsenal) have been part of that 'Progress' (sic) I can recall going to Highbury as a young teenager with my older brother, the feeling of comradeship with other Arsenal fans - You didn't know them - But they/I/we were 'connected' - we were one big Arsenal Family - The sounds, the smells, the colours, ....the 'feeling' was like no other - Pure Ecstasy...Arriving 20 minutes before kick-off to soak up the atmosphere even on the coldest wettest days/nights - that was when we had an atmosphere...We were part of that atmosphere...and Win, Lose or Draw in the freezing cold and soaked to the skin - But still 'Buzzing' - It is quite some time since I felt that 'Buzz'. :cry:
I was there for the 1st leg against Bayern in 2014 (Block 15, row 9) - the atmosphere was by far the best I've seen at the Bowl; hadn't seen anywhere near that level of buzz and excitement since Highbury (and haven't since). Great atmosphere getting off the tube, the walk to the stadium, heading up the bridge. Once in the stadium, the noise levels I had never heard at the bowl before - although that could have been one of the corporates upstairs moaning that catering had forgotten the side of celery and humus to go with their prawn sandwich... the mood and noise levels kinda died down once Ozil missed his penalty and that diving **** Robben got Sczes sent off :lol:

Was also there to see Yaya Sanogo score his first professional goal against Dortmund, followed by sarcastic cheers :barscarf: Haven't been to the Lego bowl since, and probably won't again until either Wenger fucks off or we start showing some intent
You need to go again. Sanogo needs that second goal. :lol: :wink:

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
postmanPat91 wrote:

You need to go again. Sanogo needs that second goal. :lol: :wink:
:D Luckily for him, Dortmund were absolute shite on the night... a 'player' of his limited ability will need a lot more luck than a miserable bastard like me turning up if he wants another one - maybe he could donate a fraction of his 30k a week to fund my visit :roll: When postman-pat was unveiled to spear-head our attack against reigning European champions Bayern, the disbelief had me questioning my sanity (as well as Wengers...). Arsene knows....

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

Allgunsblazin wrote:Football will never be the same, the changes came long before the move.
We are not the only ones to suffer, and I scratch my head when that mob up the road get planning to upgrade that shithouse.
The pisshead promised us a stadium fit for a Team of world beaters, and we got a grey and ugly stadium full of world day trippers.
I lost my hunger for this club years ago, the sky high prices, the reconstituted plastic tasting food, and the mandatory plastic glass (forgive the double meaning) glass.
Maybe I am getting a bit long in the tooth after over 50 years following those beautiful old cotton shirts with a white emblazoned crest of a cannon pointing in the correct direction, you can go on about Wenger and his accomplishments, but I remember when it was so tough to win the league with 22 teams and pitches that after the match resembled a battlefield in the Somme, not some poncy green overwatered billiard table as you have now.
Yes fellow gooners, they can rip the heart out of your club, but they can never eradicate our memories of a once proud establishment.
Your so right mate I feel the same and I am sure there is plenty more like us out there.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Ten years at the Emirates could have a sister thread called Ten years of Theo...Both full of promise to begin with neither delivering..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:Ten years at the Emirates could have a sister thread called Ten years of Theo...Both full of promise to begin with neither delivering..
At least the Emirates doesn't do that annoying little jog... or the condescending little half-hearted hand clapping thing.... :x probably scores more goals too... :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yeah! That hand clap - if you can call it that - Is so Prissy, Prissy and Fey...It looks like he is afraid to clap too hard in case he bruises his hands.

Mind you maybe he's got the right idea, especially if the medical team get their mitts on him for bruised palms..

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

hertsgunner wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:Football will never be the same, the changes came long before the move.
Your so right mate I feel the same and I am sure there is plenty more like us out there.
After my game on Saturday, it will be straight home to watch em on BTTV, sad innit!.... :barscarf: