Welcome Lucas Perez - who now wants out!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Welcome Lucas Perez - who now wants out!

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I know most are underwhelmed by this signing however i hope he does well and that AW integrates him quickly and gives him a run in the first team so we can see what he is made of.

So welcome Lucas and get in there son! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

MrT

Re: Welcome Lucas Perez

Post by MrT »

I think he'll do well, he offers something different than what we've been stuck with for the past 4 seasons (Giroud).

Dreading the thought of him being put on the RW to accommodate the French donkey.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:I know most are underwhelmed by this signing however i hope he does well and that AW integrates him quickly and gives him a run in the first team so we can see what he is made of.

So welcome Lucas and get in there son! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
As with any signing we make, I hope he is a massive success, but at 27 and with his goal record.... I have my doubts. But let's give the bloke a reasonable chance before he gets lambasted on here. :roll: :lol:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

My eyes have seen the glory of sanogo and gervinho, so he has a lot to live up to.

Welcome anyway lucas :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Looking at his 'record he should fit in well that being he appears to be the epitome of mediocrity and as a Wenger panic buy I expect him to be a huge flop and a source of ridicule for opposition fans
Apart from that! "welcome Lucas and good luck " :D

Goonuz71

Post by Goonuz71 »

SSN Already labeling him "Spanish Vardy "....anyway welcome and good luck , just hope he's given a fair crack in the team and NOT another player bought in to be converted into a winger or something else .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Goonuz71 wrote:SSN Already labeling him "Spanish Vardy "....anyway welcome and good luck , just hope he's given a fair crack in the team and NOT another player bought in to be converted into a winger or something else .
He's a racist with a wánk bandage on his arm? :shock:

:D :wink:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Goonuz71 wrote:SSN Already labeling him "Spanish Vardy "....anyway welcome and good luck , just hope he's given a fair crack in the team and NOT another player bought in to be converted into a winger or something else .
He's a racist with a wánk bandage on his arm? :shock:

:D :wink:
How come the Spanish Vardy didnt tell Arsene to fuck right off then? :rubchin:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:My eyes have seen the glory of sanogo and gervinho, so he has a lot to live up to.

where is sanogo?

augie

Post by augie »

If he plays him as a centre forward then he is most welcome - if he is gonna be played as a winger, then he can fcuk right off 8)

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

WHO??!!! :banghead:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

the playing mantis wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:My eyes have seen the glory of sanogo and gervinho, so he has a lot to live up to.

where is sanogo?
last spotted:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:If he plays him as a centre forward then he is most welcome - if he is gonna be played as a winger, then he can fcuk right off 8)

With Wenger in charge would put my money on that happening

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

augie wrote:If he plays him as a centre forward then he is most welcome - if he is gonna be played as a winger, then he can fcuk right off 8)
Perez has just had his best season with 17 league goals, and will soon regret signing for us, when he is being pushed out to the wing, while the lumbering oaf up front, misses a hatful of chances, and goes missing several times throughout the season.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Another player who seems to have won the footballing lottery.

I hope he makes a mockery of my grave reservations but I just cannot see that he is the 25-goal striker that we need.