Can a young Adult get away with using an OAP card ?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jeremy

Can a young Adult get away with using an OAP card ?

Post by Jeremy »

I have taken mates to home games in their 50's before using my Dad's OAP card to get them in with no issues. However this time I m thinking of using it for a younger adult. Would rather avoid daft old man outfits etc ! :?

Does anyone have experience of this causing problems at the Emirates ?

DB10GOONER

Re: Can a young Adult get away with using an OAP card ?

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jeremy wrote:I have taken mates to home games in their 50's before using my Dad's OAP card to get them in with no issues. However this time I m thinking of using it for a younger adult. Would rather avoid daft old man outfits etc ! :?

I'd imagine if your mate looks in his early 20's he's gonna get stopped. Who knows? I've no experience of bunking in as an OAP tbh... :lol:

Used to bunk in with a mate's mate at the old turnstiles at Highbury back in the 90's though. We'd just hand him a tenner and he'd hand us back an old ticket stub or sometimes just a bit of torn card! :D :wink:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Could you get a fake beard and walking stick?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Bunked in at WHL in 1971 , best value for no money I've ever had.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Isn't there a light inside the gate to indicate to the stewards what kind of card is being used? If they can be arsed they may take issue with you. I think the system is there to stop stolen tickets or jg tickets being used incorrectly. I may be wrong about all of this!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Pay full price you tight **** :roll:

:wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:Pay full price you tight **** :roll:

Yeah! Wenger needs the money - He is hard up!. :lol:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Jeremy wrote:I have taken mates to home games in their 50's before using my Dad's OAP card to get them in with no issues. However this time I m thinking of using it for a younger adult. Would rather avoid daft old man outfits etc ! :?

I'm more interested in your dad's OAP card. Is it just his red/silver card or was he issued with one for old 'uns like a bus pass? I'm interested to know as I just entered the age where people will talk loudly and slowly to me and the government give me money every four weeks.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Were you born in Liverpool?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Red Snapper wrote:

I'm more interested in your dad's OAP card. Is it just his red/silver card or was he issued with one for old 'uns like a bus pass? I'm interested to know as I just entered the age where people will talk loudly and slowly to me and the government give me money every four weeks.
You're a Scouser on the dole??!! :shock:

:lol: :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:

No, he's a retired Greek civil servant living among English ex-pats.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:

I knew you'd be on this one, mate! :lol:

I thought to myself, "that arseofacrow will read as far as Can a young adult get away with using an OAP... and he'll be all over it!" :lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:

I knew you'd be on this one, mate! :lol:

I thought to myself, "that arseofacrow will read as far as Can a young adult get away with using an OAP... and he'll come all over it!" :lol: :wink:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:D :wink: