PSG away 19.45 Tuesday

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: PSG away 19.45 Tuesday

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Ozil is a world class player. He is not a run around headless chicken type player. He is cultured and has vision and intelligence on the ball.

Unfortunately he is playing with a lot of not-top class players who a lot of the time cannot even understand what he is doing. He is also being "managed" by an absolute has-been with no tactical knowledge whatsoever. Ozil had the highest assist rate in Europe year after year. Even last season when he should have broken Henry's assist record, the only reason he didn't was because Giroud went off the boil and Wenger persisted with Giroud up front - Ozil was still creating the same level of chances all season. The problem was Giroud was not scoring them to convert them into assists.

Think back to Bergkamp. He was twice the player when playing with Henry, Vieira, Petit and Overmars as he was playing with Hartson, Hillier, McGoldrick and Selley.

Top players need to play with other top players that can think and play technical football at the same level. Anyone that can't see that knows proper fuck all about football. :roll: Proper fuck all. :lol:
Ozil didn't do very much last night mate and that's it. No criticising his quality he just needed to do more.

:|
Yeah and I've seen him like that in other games too. And I also saw Henry, Bergkamp and Vieira like that as well. That doesn't mean they are not world class. My point is that the best most creative players are seldom the ones that run around like gobshites for 90 minutes in every single game - that's Robbie Savage. :lol:

TBH, I'm amazed we've gotten as much out of Ozil as we have. Can you imagine how frustrating it must be to come from supplying assists at Madrid to watching Giroud, Walcott, Ramsey, The Ox etc sucking the fucking life out of your precision passes? :roll: :|
I agree about the ex players but that's beside the point. In isolation, he didn't do well. For himself and for the team.

That's it. Next time he might be world class. He's done a lot of this in Germany where he's been heavily criticised in the past and continues to be so.

Don't let your love of Ozil cloud your judgment mate :barscarf: :wink:
:lol:

I love him not. I is not a batty. :lol: :wink:

My point was addressed as a general comment after someone above said something like "Ozil is not world class" and "qualified" that by mentioning a few poor away games in the CL as if that's the sole criteria for determining world class, without considering impacting criteria like who his manager is, the type of players he's expected to play with etc etc.

Don't let your testicles cloud your vision, mate. :barscarf: :lol: :wink:
I am a big fan of Ozil, but yes he was totally ineffective ...very disappointing performance

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Seem to recall Giroud's ill discipline costing us last year too - he stupidly got sent off in one of the first Champions League matches.

He shouldn't be our first choice striker, but in the formation we play he is the best option we have, how sad is that ?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

StuartL wrote:Seem to recall Giroud's ill discipline costing us last year too - he stupidly got sent off in one of the first Champions League matches.

He shouldn't be our first choice striker, but in the formation we play he is the best option we have, how sad is that ?
agreed...but with Giroud its all about him...he does not care about the team its all revolving around him....that basically is his problem

maybe a manger with balls would put him right.....not as Ian Wright called him a " soft parent"