SUNDERLAND AWAY

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: SUNDERLAND AWAY

Post by xisstential »

Ramsey's back & I guarantee will be in the next starting line up. Xhaka might as well ask for a transfer.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

xgtdec wrote:And when in doubt, stick a giant French lump on then hope for the best.

Yes :lol:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Great skills Sanchez. Eat shit and die Moyes!!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Sunderland are fucking terrible. They're like the fat old men of Sunday morning football. No talent, no pace, no hope. Just fucking useless. Feel sorry for their fans who don't deserve this shit and don't deserve Moyes being inflicted on them each week.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

xisstential wrote:Ramsey's back & I guarantee will be in the next starting line up. Xhaka might as well ask for a transfer.
That really worries me, Xhaka must start against the scum!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Well done, boys. Did what we needed to do. :D :barscarf:

Sean

Post by Sean »

Thank fuck for that. Another eventual win.

A bit of a lively start. Great header for Sanchez for the first goal. Pay him the money! Very worrying to see him holding his hamstring a few minutes later though. Ended up a largely dull first half. They made a few nasty fouls. Nice to see Iwobi have a couple of shots, even though he'll be dropped for not making 200 sideways passes.

Interesting to see TOF in his hunched over stance, clutching his stomach. He's probably never stopped doing that, but I do remember seeing him like that all the time in the dark days of the failed Project Youth. Even his body language shows up the myth that 'we play great football', when it's really stomach churning worry until we get a few goals. Why must he want to win in such a difficult way? He's made the last decade much harder than it needed to be with his own self-imposed rules and restrictions.

It was very worrying to see Sanchez take a further knock at the start of the second half. I hope he doesn't run himself into the ground, but it's inevitable that he will. We are buggered without him.

Very harsh that Sanchez didn't get a penalty for the tug in the box, only for us to fuck up yet again and give away a penalty for Sunderland to equalize. One again, we fail to put a team to the sword early enough. It also no doubt effected our pre-arranged substitutions(!).

Thank fuck we got the second goal, although this will no doubt mean the donkey will be preferred option rather than upgrading. His second goal thankfully killed the game on 75 minutes, but will ensure that he'll be at Arsenal forever and we shall never sign a better striker. I hope that TOF doesn't think that Giroud is anything more than a super-sub now, but we all know his weakness for bang average French players.

Sanchez finished it off for our fourth goal. I love that man.

I do feel sorry for Moyes. His career has gone to absolute shit since he took the Manure job, plus Everton are now rich with the Iranian's money. Sunderland looked doomed with their constant chopping and changing their managers, plus Moyes isn't helped by the elephant in the room ( :lol: ) that Fat Sam is available again. Moyes seems to have lost all the grit and steel he had at Everton; he's a broken man.

It wouldn't be complete without Ramsey's return and his standard booting the ball in the crowd at the end.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Alexis will rightly get the headlines, but I thought Elneny was excellent today. He always available, covers well and moves the ball on quickly. He got dogs' abuse from some posters when he joined, but I'd pick him over Coquelin. I'd like to see him teamed with Xhaka while Santi is out.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Best thing about this year is the scoring. We have 23 goals compared to Liverpool and Man City both on 20 - although we have played an extra game.

We have always been a high scoring team, but in recent seasons we never really threatened to be the top scoring team. This year I actually think we can top the scoring charts.

As for Giroud and Ramsey. I certainly dont begrudge Giroud as a plan B. He showed today the asset he can be coming off the bench and turning into two crosses. But he cant start, and the same goes for Ramsey and the right hand side.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Sean wrote:Thank fuck for that. Another eventual win.

A bit of a lively start. Great header for Sanchez for the first goal. Pay him the money! Very worrying to see him holding his hamstring a few minutes later though. Ended up a largely dull first half. They made a few nasty fouls. Nice to see Iwobi have a couple of shots, even though he'll be dropped for not making 200 sideways passes.

Interesting to see TOF in his hunched over stance, clutching his stomach. He's probably never stopped doing that, but I do remember seeing him like that all the time in the dark days of the failed Project Youth. Even his body language shows up the myth that 'we play great football', when it's really stomach churning worry until we get a few goals. Why must he want to win in such a difficult way? He's made the last decade much harder than it needed to be with his own self-imposed rules and restrictions.

It was very worrying to see Sanchez take a further knock at the start of the second half. I hope he doesn't run himself into the ground, but it's inevitable that he will. We are buggered without him.

Very harsh that Sanchez didn't get a penalty for the tug in the box, only for us to fuck up yet again and give away a penalty for Sunderland to equalize. One again, we fail to put a team to the sword early enough. It also no doubt effected our pre-arranged substitutions(!).

Thank fuck we got the second goal, although this will no doubt mean the donkey will be preferred option rather than upgrading. His second goal thankfully killed the game on 75 minutes, but will ensure that he'll be at Arsenal forever and we shall never sign a better striker. I hope that TOF doesn't think that Giroud is anything more than a super-sub now, but we all know his weakness for bang average French players.

Sanchez finished it off for our fourth goal. I love that man.

I do feel sorry for Moyes. His career has gone to absolute shit since he took the Manure job, plus Everton are now rich with the Iranian's money. Sunderland looked doomed with their constant chopping and changing their managers, plus Moyes isn't helped by the elephant in the room ( :lol: ) that Fat Sam is available again. Moyes seems to have lost all the grit and steel he had at Everton; he's a broken man.

It wouldn't be complete without Ramsey's return and his standard booting the ball in the crowd at the end.
It fell perfectly for him and he should have chipped it towards what was an almost open goal but of course he had to have another touch before he rifled it into row z. Awful player who thinks he is so much better than he actually is.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

When they equalised I thought oh yeah here we go again....So fair do's to Giroud he came on and scored 2 excellent goals.

Alexis MOTM - As one commentator said 'when I watch Sanchez I not only see a great player, but a player whose hunger is amazing'

Thought Gibbs had a decent game - seeing as he's only just come back...Elneny wants too long on the ball and needs to keep his passes simple...ramsey? :roll: mr hollywood indeed...we need Xhaka instead of ramsey....

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Made harder work of that than it should of been but 3 points away from home welcome :barscarf: blatant penalty for us as 1-0 and plenty of wasted opportunities thankfully didn't hurt us today.

They are truly awful an team that looks like it has given up and it's not even November.Moyes will be gone by Monday especially with the International break and they may as well go for Big Sam again regardless of what has or hasn't gone on.Media people asking them to get behind that team lunchtime ko and pay to watch a team that poor :roll:

Anyway Alexis was everywhere today Giroud with an important goal and a shout for Elneny who goes about his business nice option in midfield this time last year Coq got injured at WBA on came Arteta and the wheels came off,big difference this year competition for places and decent depth in midfield.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Just visited a City forum, and they cry into their cornflakes watching our wing backs. Especially when theirs are lethargic and unable to play Pep's system.

Bellerin and Gibbs both an assist today. City on the other hand cant use their wing backs to overlap the play, mainly because they are well into their 30's and lack pace. I mean, FFS, Bellerin is setting the benchmark as to what a team should expect of their wing back.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Topside Northbank wrote:Made harder work of that than it should of been but 3 points away from home welcome :barscarf: blatant penalty for us as 1-0 and plenty of wasted opportunities thankfully didn't hurt us today.

They are truly awful an team that looks like it has given up and it's not even November.Moyes will be gone by Monday especially with the International break and they may as well go for Big Sam again regardless of what has or hasn't gone on.Media people asking them to get behind that team lunchtime ko and pay to watch a team that poor :roll:

Anyway Alexis was everywhere today Giroud with an important goal and a shout for Elneny who goes about his business nice option in midfield this time last year Coq got injured at WBA on came Arteta and the wheels came off,big difference this year competition for places and decent depth in midfield.
Yeah, I think it is really important to have that combativeness within the squad...thing is we all know wenger has his favourites (ramsey & feo for a start) and no matter how poorly they play he persists in playing them. I just hope Xhaka was only rested today, as someone rightly pointe dout we need Xhaka in place of ramsey and his failed flicks.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Wenger has always in the past plugged square holes with round pegs. However, now there is literally no excuses. He cant justify plying Ramsey outwide when Iwobi, Chamberlain and Walcott are available as natural wide players with pace. Nor can Ramsey play in the middle with Elneny, Cazorla, Xhaka and Coquelin available. Ramsey does look like the odd one out. Unfortunately he overestimates his own ability and thus no longer has the discipline to play in the middle - the silly flicks and carelessness in possession, continually allowing his opposite number to get goal side. Yet also Ramsey is not a natural wide player. I dont see his place in the team at all. Like Giroud, he is a super sub at best.

I just hope to god Wenger doesnt fuk up by trying to bring both into the team. I suspect Wenger has it in him to use Giroud only as a plan B. But I have a bad feeling Ramsey finds his way into the team.