New REDACTION banner?!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Re: New REDACTION banner?!

Post by falkirk goon »

Redinaction :oops: what a shower of Rsoles :oops:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Bradywasking wrote:REDACTION have to be the most insulting supporters group ever..
The above Tweet, which has brought a good response against it, is an insult to the history and integrity of what was a great club..REDACTION is a political mouthpiece for the corporate conglomerate our club has become.
The club no longer give a fuck about us fans, our manager insults our heritage by claiming to have built our club and now his/their PR machine tell us if we don't like the reinvented history we should fuck off.
We don't want to live in the past, but when the present is so bad we will always naturally look back.
Highbury wasn't all glory days, but we felt the club was ours and our history mattered.
Now we are in a soulless bowl and a group that is suppose to represent our interests are telling us to like it or fuck off..
Well said

REB

Post by REB »

NickF wrote:Just tweeted by RedAction, words absolutely fail me.

for them to come out with this tweet shows how far removed they are. that is just pathetic.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

I do wonder if the Alexis banner was the work of a vote by redaction members, or did the club approach them to request it.
I also wonder was there any agreement / consultation with their member about the contents of the tweet or was it th work of one seriously deluded person.

Incidentally,how many members does red action have ?
Who made them the spokespeople for Gooners ?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Is one2smooth the redaction twatter account holder? Reads like something he'd write.

Dreadful tweet that surely takes a swipe at even redaction members?

REB

Post by REB »

augie

Post by augie »

A very well put reasoned response 8)

I have long since maintained that these w**kers are an embarrassment to proper AFC fans, and I will never trust any group that is so clearly in the pocket of the club :evil: If they represent the fans (as they like to claim), then they have to be prepared to take on the club on the real issues surrounding our club for the fans - instead they take the easy options and cosy up to the club to implement artificial changes which might well be nice, but what should be way down the list of priorities :roll:

In the past we have had the cook come on here and defend redaction and conveniently blame a few renegade members for the disgraceful march and banner events in the past - I would like to know today if he supports the issuing of this statement and if he is one of the two people making the decisions in redaction :rubchin: I think that it is about time these c.unts are run out of town by the other supporters groups - every time they make a public statement whilst being portrayed as the fans group by the media, is another embarrassing incident for those of us who grew up supporting a club with real pride and tradition :( :(

silus

Post by silus »

Are they really only 2 people?
That's fucked up if true....and I bet they're hipsters.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Ten years ago, they might have had an interest in changing things for the better. Then, they got flattered by being 'attached' to the club and ever since then they've become a genuinely pathetic embarrassment and need to just simply fucking fuck off. I can't take any more of their bollox along the lines of "Well, you do something then" because I'd rather do nothing than some of the utter shit they've done. That fucking dog banner is like something from Blue Peter, sent in by a seven year old who has drawn their favourite footballer and animals. It has no place in a football ground. Perhaps a leafy, middle England primary school but not a fucking football ground. They've yet again made the genuine fans angry and made all the fans a target for abuse and ridicule. What winds me up the most is that somehow- perhaps through being the puppet of the club- they've ended up with the monopoly on fan events and activities. Anything anyone else has done has either been ridiculed by them or been stopped even before it's got off the ground. They seem to like throwing around this line about being 'real fans' and 'getting behind the club' but if they really were interested in the good of the fans or the club, they would just disband.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:Ten years ago, they might have had an interest in changing things for the better. Then, they got flattered by being 'attached' to the club and ever since then they've become a genuinely pathetic embarrassment and need to just simply fucking fuck off. I can't take any more of their bollox along the lines of "Well, you do something then" because I'd rather do nothing than some of the utter shit they've done. That fucking dog banner is like something from Blue Peter, sent in by a seven year old who has drawn their favourite footballer and animals. It has no place in a football ground. Perhaps a leafy, middle England primary school but not a fucking football ground. They've yet again made the genuine fans angry and made all the fans a target for abuse and ridicule. What winds me up the most is that somehow- perhaps through being the puppet of the club- they've ended up with the monopoly on fan events and activities. Anything anyone else has done has either been ridiculed by them or been stopped even before it's got off the ground. They seem to like throwing around this line about being 'real fans' and 'getting behind the club' but if they really were interested in the good of the fans or the club, they would just disband.

haha :D :D

The thing that always appealed to me about football stadiums was that they could be intimidating places. I love the thought of opposition players and fans and the officials having to try and cope with a hostile atmosphere. I don't mean violence, I just like the idea that your home ground is a fortress ... and also that visits to away grounds have that feel of entering enemy territory.

Clearly those days are dying with this sort of shite.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Ive come to the realisation that redaction clown is right football has changed and maybe it isn't for me anymore. I have never felt so cut off from the club and its shiny new stadium, silly childish banners and (mainly) AKB supporters. Ive still got a silver membership but keep it mainly keep it because i cant stomach letting it go and now share it with others. Won't be going back to the Emirates till Wenger goes whether that is 10 days or 10 years.

We were sold a lie about the stadium and allowed the changes at the club and the redaction types to take over, its our fault. Maybe it is time to retire as that redaction spokesman said

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

Interesting to read here the idea that REDaction are in the pockets of the club. Less than a year ago, they were heavily involved in the 'Time for Change' protest. And whatever you think of the merits of that, do you think the club were in cahoots with them over it?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

gooner.ed wrote:Interesting to read here the idea that REDaction are in the pockets of the club. Less than a year ago, they were heavily involved in the 'Time for Change' protest. And whatever you think of the merits of that, do you think the club were in cahoots with them over it?
Heavily involved in diluting/derailing it you mean.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
gooner.ed wrote:Interesting to read here the idea that REDaction are in the pockets of the club. Less than a year ago, they were heavily involved in the 'Time for Change' protest. And whatever you think of the merits of that, do you think the club were in cahoots with them over it?
Heavily involved in diluting/derailing it you mean.

Exactly - they have never instigated any type of protest against the club or the people running it, but then jumped in behind a genuine group of fans who were willing to let their opinions be heard, and they proceeded to take over the situation and watered down the issues and led to people walking away. When it fell apart, what did they do to get the protest back on track ? The square root of fcuk all is the answer because they had fulfilled their mission at that stage :evil:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

There are far too many so called supporters groups at this club...
Red inaction has had its day and I would say to them...

You go fucking retire along with Wenger!
What purpose do you serve?
Where does the cash come from for biased and ridiculous banners....
:hmmthink: