Burnley (H) | PL | Sun 22 Jan 14:15

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: Burnley (H) | PL | Sun 22 Jan 14:15

Post by xisstential »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wilson wrote:Its Burnley, then Watford both at home, before Chelsea away. Chelsea play Liverpool at Anfield the week before they play us.

So, ideally, we win our next two games, Chelsea drop points at Anfield - this means we are a Stamford Bridge win away from cutting the gap to either 2 or 3 points (2 points if Chelsea lose at Liverpool, 3 if they draw).

So all we have to do, is take care of the business against Burnley then Watford before being potentially handed a golden opportunity to get within 3 points of top spot.

Do we bottle it? Fuk it up by either dropping points to Burnley or Watford at home, or losing to Chelsea away - or both. Or do we seize the opportunity and win the next 3 games which will have us right back in it?

History has proven, that come full time at Stamford Bridge three matches form now, we wont be within touching distance.
We will get turdholed at the bridge :oops:
so we will probably be further behind.
To go out on the pitch being within touching distance of the leaders has every Arsenal ingredient for a fearful, panic stricken, gutless performance which Wenger will later describle as "errrr yes, I felt errrr we were unlucky to errrrr lose as we errrr dominated zee possession"

The 3 goals they scored to our none will be swept aside as an irrelevance. Football is not about scoring goals.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Wilson wrote:Its Burnley, then Watford both at home, before Chelsea away. Chelsea play Liverpool at Anfield the week before they play us.

So, ideally, we win our next two games, Chelsea drop points at Anfield - this means we are a Stamford Bridge win away from cutting the gap to either 2 or 3 points (2 points if Chelsea lose at Liverpool, 3 if they draw).

So all we have to do, is take care of the business against Burnley then Watford before being potentially handed a golden opportunity to get within 3 points of top spot.

Do we bottle it? Fuk it up by either dropping points to Burnley or Watford at home, or losing to Chelsea away - or both. Or do we seize the opportunity and win the next 3 games which will have us right back in it?

History has proven, that come full time at Stamford Bridge three matches form now, we wont be within touching distance.
Think the BBC sums it up well when talking about The Arsenal:

"Are they, however, potential Premier League winners? They cannot be ruled out but it is hard to see where they will pick up the points to haul in Chelsea."

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

What was yesterday billed as again.........oh yeah Merseyside v Manchester wasn't it. :roll:

Well next week's "Super Sunday" should definitely be advertised as "Rimjob Day"

First up we'll empty a jar of Vaseline and systematically dismantle Burnley's ring piece followed by the Chavs group fisting Hull at the Bridge. Two home bankers.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:What was yesterday billed as again.........oh yeah Merseyside v Manchester wasn't it. :roll:

Well next week's "Super Sunday" should definitely be advertised as "Rimjob Day"

First up we'll empty a jar of Vaseline and systematically dismantle Burnley's ring piece followed by the Chavs group fisting Hull at the Bridge. Two home bankers.

We got it the first fucking three times, rodders!! :banghead:

:lol: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ha ha. Was on the beer yesterday. Absolutely rattling today! Have spent most of the morning AWOL from my desk shitting through the eye of a needle in the downstairs cubicle. My arse is on fire at the minute, could badly do with an ice cool jet of water being blasted upwards from a bidet to ease the pain. What I wouldn't give for that right now.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:Ha ha. Was on the beer yesterday. Absolutely rattling today! Have spent most of the morning AWOL from my desk shitting through the eye of a needle in the downstairs cubicle. My arse is on fire at the minute, could badly do with an ice cool jet of water being blasted upwards from a bidet to ease the pain. What I wouldn't give for that right now.
:lol: :lol:

Got the old Prison-Rape Ringpiece on ya today huh? We all been there. :| :(

Spuddy, literally! :D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Norvern monkeys at home? :rubchin: Anything less than 8-0 is simply unacceptable. 8)

shu

Post by shu »

the ad banner above is for single muslims :D :D really ???? wtf this is a footy site ,or atleast a place to come and moan.

shu

Post by shu »

fuck it has changed , now Star Trek , i give up !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

shu wrote:fuck it has changed , now Star Trek , i give up !
:lol: :lol:

First time I saw the Muslim dating advert I was a tad nonplussed I must admit. :rubchin: :?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

shu wrote:fuck it has changed , now Star Trek , i give up !
Have patience Shu - there will be an advert needing woollybacks, with 6 fingers, to date cousins soon enough.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Regardless of the outcome this game will be a BIG Pile of Very Stinky Poo!

augie

Post by augie »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:I can't imagine this game will be anything other than fucking boring.

For the life of me I cannot understand how this game was picked out for a live tv showing :shock: :shock: If it was in burnley you could understand it cos they are good at home and there would be a chance of an "upset", but we are at home and this will be a piss easy 3 points so why pick it ? :?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:I can't imagine this game will be anything other than fucking boring.

For the life of me I cannot understand how this game was picked out for a live tv showing :shock: :shock: If it was in burnley you could understand it cos they are good at home and there would be a chance of an "upset", but we are at home and this will be a piss easy 3 points so why pick it ? :?
we are playing Hull City live on TV in a few weeks time too :shock:
either the TV companies think we shitter than even we do :lol: or they are under pressure to actually show that we can win the odd game or two.
they therefore think which games are guaranteed that even Arsenal cannot fuck up - hence Burnley and Hull City are shown :-P

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:

Don't they have a commitment to show every PL club live a minimum number of times per season? So I'm assuming they will try show the minnows against a big club to maximize the possible audience. You'd have to think Arsenal v Burnley will pull more viewers than Hull v Burnley. :lol: