Xhaka

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Xhaka

Post by northbank123 »

bergkamp10 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:51 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 3:44 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 11:15 am
I've hated this useless piece of shit pretty much since day one. What is he actually good at? His tackling is somewhere between cowardly and awkward, mixed with a dash of brainlessness, he has the touch of a club footed elephant with pace to match, and unless we're playing a bunch of Championship level plodders his shooting is fucking desperate

Hopefully he'll be right near the top of the next bloke's clear out list
On a good day he's completely average. We can count ourselves lucky if he is just anonymous, with the game passing him by.

On a bad day he's a fucking disaster. Zero positional awareness and zero inherent ability to spot obvious danger. Fucking lazily watches players run past him. Frightening casual in the way which he gives away the ball. Tackles like a complete twat.

Everybody signs shit players - if you're in the job long enough, it happens. One of the key differences is that rather than accepting that like any other half-decent manager who cares more about winning than his ego, Wenger plays him every single fucking game.

He'd be the first one I'd kick out the door, very closely followed by Mustafi.
N.B123- all most excellent points indeed.

My question however, is to whom the devil will consider buying this clown considering his fee or wages he is probably on...
We got rid of Walcott didn't we.....

We would have to take a bit of a hit on the fee but there are so many clubs with more money than sense now and somebody would make him an offer to fuck off

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

General wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:18 pm
Jumpers - We also had a peak Flamini and Gilberto who still had some legs left. It wasn't the best midfield ever but you could throw any two of them together without ruining the balance like the current collection of cloggers we've assembled. We only fell 4points or so short that season and came up against United and Chelsea who had monstrous squads back then. I would hand on heart say some of the football we played in midfield that season was scintillating and I genuinely thought the fraud had rediscovered the Midas touch only for him to proceed to fuck it all up in typical fashion in the second half of the season.
All Wenger had to do was spend on a decent keeper, Almunia played most of that year if I remember correctly as Lehman was coming to the end. Small investment in a good keeper and he could have changed his whole legacy. Stupid fucker. And we were actually playing great football at that time.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Its possible some players could be reinvented under new management. I will personally give every player a clean slate under new management.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

northbank123 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
I've hated this useless piece of shit pretty much since day one. What is he actually good at? His tackling is somewhere between cowardly and awkward, mixed with a dash of brainlessness, he has the touch of a club footed elephant with pace to match, and unless we're playing a bunch of Championship level plodders his shooting is fucking desperate

On a good day he's completely average. We can count ourselves lucky if he is just anonymous, with the game passing him by.

On a bad day he's a fucking disaster. Zero positional awareness and zero inherent ability to spot obvious danger. Fucking lazily watches players run past him. Frightening casual in the way which he gives away the ball. Tackles like a complete twat.

Everybody signs shit players - if you're in the job long enough, it happens. One of the key differences is that rather than accepting that like any other half-decent manager who cares more about winning than his ego, Wenger plays him every single fucking game.

And there's another key difference between him and Ferguson. People mock some of United's shit signings - Taibi, Veron, Djemba Djemba all spring to mind. Veron would be a key example - the most expensive transfer in British football at the time and despite the fact he wanted to stay Fergie had moved him on within 2 years and to a rival club too (where he also went on to be shit). Look at how long Wenger put up with the likes of Walcott - more than a fucking decade. He would have had 2 years under Ferguson. Taibi? Lasted 4 games. How many games did we watch Flappyhandski, Average Al, Mannone and a whole bunch of other shit keepers (Cech, Ospina) stick around for? Djemba Djemba - lasted 20 games for Man U. Denilson played 96 times for us, and Xhaka is up to 70 odd already. No wonder players say he was like a father to them - he keeps with them regardless of how disappointing they are !

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Guardiola also did the same with Claudio Bravo. He put his neck out on the line by bombing out Hart and bringing in his man. Could have easily kept playing him, but instead he bit the bullet and replaced him. Ederson has been a huge improvement for them.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 8:34 am
northbank123 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

And there's another key difference between him and Ferguson. People mock some of United's shit signings - Taibi, Veron, Djemba Djemba all spring to mind. Veron would be a key example - the most expensive transfer in British football at the time and despite the fact he wanted to stay Fergie had moved him on within 2 years and to a rival club too (where he also went on to be shit). Look at how long Wenger put up with the likes of Walcott - more than a fucking decade. He would have had 2 years under Ferguson. Taibi? Lasted 4 games. How many games did we watch Flappyhandski, Average Al, Mannone and a whole bunch of other shit keepers (Cech, Ospina) stick around for? Djemba Djemba - lasted 20 games for Man U. Denilson played 96 times for us, and Xhaka is up to 70 odd already. No wonder players say he was like a father to them - he keeps with them regardless of how disappointing they are !
Spot On.

Unfortunately Wenger didn't have the heart or couldn't move on some of the useless crap players we had or still have on our books.