Watford (H) | PL | Tue 31 Jan 19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: Watford (H) | PL | Tue 31 Jan 19:45

Post by flash gunner »

Every loss is a step nearer him going

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Bradywasking wrote:Arsenal have not won a mid week Premier League game since March 2015...almost two years.. I imagine Arsene has his minions working on a reason for that..."The players don't like missing their favourite Soaps" Maybe..
Sorry there was a stirring win V WBA on a Thursday towards the end of last season.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Didn't watch or listen to the game....but apparently it was a Very BIG Pile of VERY Smelly Poo.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

That we would not be entirely surprised if a new contract follows within the week is indicative of the culture of rewarding under-performance at an infuriating club.

I tip my hat to Sarah Winterburn.
The final sentence just shows what the real issue is, and it has been happening since Henry and co fucked off...
Wenger has rewarded failure, very fucking handsomely as well, is it the players fault? Of course it's not, you have to grab it while you can, and Wenger is under the absolute illusion as well as his backers including those supporters that have backed him, that he, has saved the club money..

Remind me! What are we saving money for?

For the fans? Non
For Directors bonuses Qui
For AW's Bonus Qui
Players Bonuses Qui

Quite simply 4th place means Bonus time on the 31st July for every season since the dinosaur has been here..

His desperate Scattergun approach has finally caught up with him, he is a Fraud of the highest order, pocketing over £9m or more is a disgrace...
Am I surprised that the observational paranoid schizophrenic buffoon sitting in the stand with his earpiece to a failed supposed footballer by the name of Neil Banfield, lost to Watford, no not really, his love child lost his bottle after 19 minutes, no stomach for the fight...

We are not just looking for a manager, we are looking for a complete fucking spring clean from top to bottom, no half measures gentleman, a complete scorched earth policy to get rid of every conceivable trace of this egotistical persona who has blagged his way for over 10 seasons, and that includes all his back room backers including that pompous Serb coach who puts his head below the parapet when the shit hits the fan...

Footnote from the buffoon "we lacked mental strength" or similar words to that effect!
God give me and us strength!
Last edited by Allgunsblazin on Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Didn't watch the game again but checked the score after 15 mins.......couldn't believe it. There are several major issues at the club. We know the biggest issue is the manager but there is also a massive problem with attitude, this 'we've won the game just by turning up' has cost us on many many occasions and we need someone with some discipline to sort it out (ie: it won't be Wonga). Another big issue is the large number of muscular injuries suffered by our players. Again, we all know the medical team is incompetent but why the fuck is no-one (I mean Wonga) doing anything about it? Negligence runs through the club, top to bottom.

Farcenal FC

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:Every loss is a step nearer him going
It ain't... :(

#may2025

:suicide:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

falkirk goon wrote:Absolutely shite performance yet again.We're going nowhere under this stubborn auld arsehole :( Watford are shite..can hardly buy a win,but sure as fuck when a team needs a lift..the best team for them to play is our rudderless shower of shite :oops:
Chavski and Bayern must be soiling themselves at the thought of playing us :lol: ffs Sutton might fancy their chances.

Sutton will be hammered out of sight with a Walcott hat trick and we will be world beaters again. And Wally will think he is Cristiano Ronaldo, such is life at Arsenal :roll:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Blade wrote:Ozil is a fraud.
Not sure if Ozil is just overpaid and over hyped or if it is because he is surrounded by players who just aint good enough.

Now losing Sanchez will be a big fucking shame. If i was him i would have my agent on the case now, to get me out of there. Too good for this team and club at the moment.
There is no reason for him to stay and i don't think he will.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

mcdowell42 wrote:Some of the stuff is unreal,according to some on there,we beat soton because of wenger,but lost tonight cos of bould.
How anyone doesn't see that Wenger is way too much of an ego maniac, to even slightly afford power to anyone else. Last night proved that Wenger will start his golden boys, regardless of how anyone else in the squad performs. Could you imagine being Ox, and you cant get a start over Ramsey, who shouldn't even still be at the club. How demoralising must it be for some players, knowing you wont start regardless of how you perform, while others can stink the place out, and are guaranteed to start. The squad unity couldn't be great, when everyone isn't on a level playing field.

augie

Post by augie »

SPARKSY wrote:
Blade wrote:Ozil is a fraud.
Not sure if Ozil is just overpaid and over hyped or if it is because he is surrounded by players who just aint good enough.

Now losing Sanchez will be a big fucking shame. If i was him i would have my agent on the case now, to get me out of there. Too good for this team and club at the moment.
There is no reason for him to stay and i don't think he will.

If I was sanchez and I found out that my agent was only starting to get on the case now, I would have the c.unt sacked on the spot for incompetence - sanchez should be organizing a move away for the past 3 months if he has any intelligence

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

As usual you've all got it spectacularly wrong. The wonderfully attired Ty on Arsenal Fan TV gave a very well thought through argument as to why we lost.....wait for it......IT WAS RAINING

With 'fans' like this no wonder we're challenging Europe's elite

Clash

Post by Clash »

I know Wenger's foobtalling brain is wired very differently to other managers but he is also a selfish, narcissistic egomaniac ... so would anyone say it was beyond Wenger to have picked a team that took away the momentum from Saturday? And one of the reasons he did it was in response to the ''Stevie Bould's red and white army'' chants? etc.

Even if it was only done for a laugh by the fans, I doubt Wenger saw the funny side. How would a control freak like him feel seeing the team win all their games while he is watching from the stands and hearing the fans singing Boulds name?

Probably a nonsense theory that he would deliberately sabotage the teams chances - although he has sabotaged the team unintentionally many many times.

Who knows ... but I wouldnt dismiss anything anymore. Wenger has history at sticking two fingers up to the fans.

Has he blamed the negative atmosphere last night on the defeat yet? Or will he wait a few more weeks before he mentions that?

goonergeoff

Post by goonergeoff »

A gutless performance against moderate opposition who put it about and our players bottled it. Enough is enough time for a change Wenger needs to walk. We are stagnating and the yank needs to sell the club to someone with ambition.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

goonergeoff wrote:A gutless performance against moderate opposition who put it about and our players bottled it. Enough is enough time for a change Wenger needs to walk. We are stagnating and the yank needs to sell the club to someone with ambition.
I was there last night (chose a good one for my first league match of the season... :banghead: ) and I was also there for the 2-1 home league defeat nearly a year ago v Swansea City. The same abject performance - although the defending for that first 15 minutes was the worst I have ever seen from an Arsenal side in over 30 years of following the team.

But please remember the big picture at the club - TOP 4, TOP4, TOP4
That is the ambition at the club along with the annual last 16 humiliation against one of the top clubs in Europe.

We now embark on the annual quest for the top 4, and we are on schedule (just)
The FA Cup could well provide more glory for Wenger and there is little sign of dissent at the Emirates

The only thing that is changing and has changed at the club is that the type of supporter that now attends games is completely different to 20 years ago. Trophies are seen as no longer as important as making money, and Arsenal fleece their fans better than anyone.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I would also add last night that not only did the team not turn up for the first 15 minutes, nor did most of the crowd.

I was in block 5 and had six seats empty to my right for the first 10 minutes and six seats in front of me empty as well.
It is hard to really get behind the team given that level of apathy.

We were 2nd in the league last night and in a similar position v Swansea last season but there just doesnt seem to be any enthusiasm....
I dont know but something is very much wrong at the club.