FURBURGER HULL FURBURGERS GAME

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ray C

Re: FURBURGER HULL FURBURGERS GAME

Post by Ray C »

Walcott off - Welbeck or Perez on. NOW. :barscarf: :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GoonerMuzz wrote:It's hardly thrilling football is it :roll:
I actually quite enjoyed that half, more so than most matches I have witnessed this season. mainly due to the lack of tip tap, pointless possession for 10 mins before playing it back to Cech - we have often played a lofted ball over the midfield completely.

There is a lot of workrate and effort being put in, which makes a huge change - just not quite had the final ball to finish, Sanchez could / should have had two before he scored.

Gibbs, despite having weeks and weeks of training to practise, still cant cross a ball for shit.
Ox has played well.
Our defensive plan is to back off and let the opposition get to the penalty box before we decide to challenge / close ranks which is not a good tactic

Thierry 3-8-99

Post by Thierry 3-8-99 »

Ray C wrote:Walcott off - Welbeck or Perez on. NOW. :barscarf: :barscarf:
That is a no brainer

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Topside Northbank wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:It's hardly thrilling football is it :roll:
We are beating the City of culture's team 2017 1-0 at home in front of an opera like audience kind of fitting.

Yes it's tepid stuff.
You ungrateful peasants. Who else could do a better job? Be careful what you wish for. Look at Man Utd.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Really thought that after some of Wenger's comments in the week (and results) there might be at least a hint of some fan discontent, but haven't heard a single peep against dear old Arsene. As another poster once said, you get the club you deserve, so it's these people at the Emirates today who need to be careful what they wish for.

Thierry 3-8-99

Post by Thierry 3-8-99 »

VoiceOfReason wrote:Really thought that after some of Wenger's comments in the week (and results) there might be at least a hint of some fan discontent, but haven't heard a single peep against dear old Arsene. As another poster once said, you get the club you deserve, so it's these people at the Emirates today who need to be careful what they wish for.
We should be happy beating a bottom 3 team with injuries and new signings to 'bed-in' etc :?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

No discontent sure but no rendition of TO1 either, people not overly fussed after Wrighty's comments it seems. GOOD.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Is Hull's manager wearing Phil Brown's old clothes?

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Thierry 3-8-99 wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:Really thought that after some of Wenger's comments in the week (and results) there might be at least a hint of some fan discontent, but haven't heard a single peep against dear old Arsene. As another poster once said, you get the club you deserve, so it's these people at the Emirates today who need to be careful what they wish for.
We should be happy beating a bottom 3 team with injuries and new signings to 'bed-in' etc :?
Oh yeah, sorry, had forgotten that today is the "turning point in our season"!

:lol:

Ever notice how Wenger chooses the home games against relegation fodder as the "turning point" games... wouldn't have been Chelsea away, or Tottenham away etc.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Thierry 3-8-99 wrote:
Oh yeah, sorry, had forgotten that today is the "turning point in our season"!

:lol:

Ever notice how Wenger chooses the home games against relegation fodder as the "turning point" games... wouldn't have been Chelsea away, or Tottenham away etc.
Personally if we're going for results as turning points, i'd say Everton away, City away and Chelsea away were pretty crucial, but then i don't have 30 odd years :wink:

Thierry 3-8-99

Post by Thierry 3-8-99 »

completely undone there

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Iwobi really grips my shit at the moment, he gets into great positions to attack players and instead passes the ball to the opposition or loses it, it happens far, far too often to justify his starting place in the squad :rubchin:

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:Is Hull's manager wearing Phil Brown's old clothes?

Reminds me of Zoltan out of Dude Where's My Car :oops:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Theo trying to act the hardman against someone twice his size :banghead:

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Only took 12 years but Walcott finally showed some emotion. Too little too late FEO.