Victims fc (A) - 4th place trophy - Ko 1730 Sat 4th March - Bt Sport

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Victims fc (A) - 4th place trophy - Ko 1730 Sat 4th March - Bt Sport

Post by northbank123 »

begeegs wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Wenger's got his excuses lined up.

Disgraceful refereeing but if anything the score line flatters us.

For the greater good.
Was it really? Can should have been booked, but what else would have really been punished?

Would it have changed the outcome of the game? I really doubt it. We were our usual poor self.
Complaint is confined to Can only. Also a stonewall yellow less than five minut s before he was booked where he pulled back sancxhez and then stopped him from taking the free kick.

No impact on the outcome of the game and we were lucky to only concede three and to get on the scoresheet frankly.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Dropping Sanchez was probably one of the dumbest decisions that he could have done and there have been many over the years. Sanchez is our best player by a long shot, but sure - drop him because he doesn't work hard enough and doesn't track back...Idiot Wenger...

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

The great self-harmer does it again.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Good. Let the protests begin :barscarf:

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Supposed "fans" on 606 saying that we only lost because Wenger didn't have the right formation. Why are so many of our fans complete fucking window lickers?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Hopefully Ivan is in his office, I'd hate if he missed the call from the Barcelona chairman :roll:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:The great self-harmer does it again.
Spot on.

Even by Wenger standards, that decision was utterly bizarre. :?

I'd assumed it was an injury or illness, but that post match interview confirmed it was tactical :? Seriously, in what fucking universe is Iwobi, The Ox and Giroud a better option than Sanchez? :shock:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

rodders999 wrote:Hopefully Ivan is in his office, I'd hate if he missed the call from the Barcelona chairman :roll:
Ivan should finish that bottle of whisky and be reaching for the revolver in his office draw if he has actually offered Wenger a new contract.

:banghead:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

g88ner wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:The great self-harmer does it again.
Spot on.

Even by Wenger standards, that decision was utterly bizarre. :?

I'd assumed it was an injury or illness, but that post match interview confirmed it was tactical :? Seriously, in what fucking universe is Iwobi, The Ox and Giroud a better option than Sanchez? :shock:
In the parallel universe that Wenger has inhabited since 2004 :banghead:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I'm a bit miffed at the post match interviewer for letting Wenger off the hook over dropping Sanchez. Was he too scared to challenge him in fear of getting the Jackie Oakley treatment? :shock: :? - shoddy journalism.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

From Vieira and Petit.......to Xhaka and Coquelin.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

rodders999 wrote:From Vieira and Petit.......to Xhaka and Coquelin.
Fear not, Ramsey is fit again :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:I'm a bit miffed at the post match interviewer for letting Wenger off the hook over dropping Sanchez. Was he too scared to challenge him in fear of getting the Jackie Oakley treatment? :shock: :? - shoddy journalism.

The bt guy challenged him in the interview that was shown before the game, and le cock was none too pleased - he irritable reactions were there for all to see, and it was referred to in the studio by all 3 analysts 8) Wrighty went so far as to ask the bt guy if wenker was ok with him when the interview was over

Personally I think that wenker defended his decision to drop sanchez and wasn't going to move from that position - it is one of those decisions that we don't need to press him on cos the world and it's mother (and especially the media) know that it was a ridiculous decision, and he is going to be crucified for it

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:From Vieira and Petit.......to Xhaka and Coquelin.
Yes and of course Wenger brought Petit and Viera to the Club, i was there for their debuts...great fucking players...i for one could not believe it ...and thought Wenger was a miracle worker

But as we all know so badly lost his way in all areas, has far too much faith in Xaha and Coq and Iwobi and Monreal and Ramsey and they are just NOT good enough

He is of course totally culpable, he lives and dies on his decisions, and should be judged accordingly

If he has any rational thinking left in his mind surely he can only come to one decision

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

It's almost an entire season now since he joined and I'm still waiting to see what's so great about Xhaka. He looks clumsy, slow and ponderous to me. Yeah, he has a good long pass on him but nothing else... :? Is he the reason Wilshere was loaned out? - if so, Jack should have had more faith in his ability and stayed put another season!