Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
General

Re: Wenger Out protests

Post by General »

xisstential wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:Obviously Wenger should still GO but now that we have reached the Cup Final there will be no support amongst the masses that attend our games at the Emirates these days and also crucially there will be no support in the media for change.

Contract will be signed, season tickets will be renewed and then the club will allow Sanchez to slip away quietly...
Kroenke will be happy. Job Done :roll:
I can just see it...go to Wembley after finishing 5th, contract signed, fans thinking oh well we can still win the cup. Get well beat in the final and leave thinking...Hang on a minute, we've finished out of the CL, we haven't won the cup, Sanchez is leaving (Does it make any difference if Ozil goes or stays??) AND we've got him for another 2 years... why did those protests stop again???

Good, suck it up!!
xisstential wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:Obviously Wenger should still GO but now that we have reached the Cup Final there will be no support amongst the masses that attend our games at the Emirates these days and also crucially there will be no support in the media for change.

Contract will be signed, season tickets will be renewed and then the club will allow Sanchez to slip away quietly...
I can just see it...go to Wembley after finishing 5th, contract signed, fans thinking oh well we can still win the cup. Get well beat in the final and leave thinking...Hang on a minute, we've finished out of the CL, we haven't won the cup, Sanchez is leaving (Does it make any difference if Ozil goes or stays??) AND we've got him for another 2 years... why did those protests stop again???

Good, suck it up!!
That’s exactly what will happen.

We might even see an 05/06 style redemption by sneaking into the top 4 before ultimately surrendering in the cup final. Chelsea are too streetwise for us and won’t be as wasteful as City.

The flip floppers will be left surveying the wreckage after the horse has bolted.

The prick will sign on and that old tune will be play out again.

I bought my ticket for Leicester hoping that there will be a protest before the game. I’m not sure if this will gain any momentum but we should still test the water.

General

Post by General »

xisstential wrote:

Good, suck it up!!

We might even see an 05/06 style redemption by sneaking into the top 4 before ultimately surrendering in the cup final. Chelsea are too streetwise for us and won’t be as wasteful as City.

The flip floppers will be left surveying the wreckage after the horse has bolted.

I bought my ticket for Leicester hoping that there will be a protest before the game. I’m not sure if this will gain any momentum but we should still test the water.[/quote]

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

NickF wrote:
Sean wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:How were the numbers Sean?

What was the reaction like?
There was about seven of us.
This is the problem, there are a core group of really good lads that will get involved in everything but we need more than 7. If no one else can be bothered, then why should we keep giving up our time and energy?
I got told that I was not taking it it seriously enough,so I am going to let the "real" anti Wengers get on with it.
My money was serious though. :banghead:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
NickF wrote:
Sean wrote:

This is the problem, there are a core group of really good lads that will get involved in everything but we need more than 7. If no one else can be bothered, then why should we keep giving up our time and energy?
I got told that I was not taking it it seriously enough,so I am going to let the "real" anti Wengers get on with it.
If you want it back PM me......

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

General wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Good, suck it up!!

I bought my ticket for Leicester hoping that there will be a protest before the game. I’m not sure if this will gain any momentum but we should still test the water.
[/quote]

And do not forget!
Your ST's will go up and like sheep you will all sign up for another year of dross!.... 8)

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

What are the plans now for this? Understand it's like pissing into the wind after the semi final but there must be some money left with some plans in place.

The fixture list is hard, unless they go on an unbeaten run winning every game there's still a chance he goes (although it's getting smaller) don't lose heart.

armchair

Post by armchair »

xisstential wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Rugby is a top bloke and proper gooner. I dont know what started this stupidity but kindly knock it on the head please.

I for one appreciate the work of the organisers, those who take part in the protests and those who donate their hard earned cash.
Well done to everyone.
The protests are working and are not pointless despite what some may think. Fuck the begrudgers and Up The Arsenal
:barscarf:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

armchair wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Rugby is a top bloke and proper gooner. I dont know what started this stupidity but kindly knock it on the head please.

I for one appreciate the work of the organisers, those who take part in the protests and those who donate their hard earned cash.
Well done to everyone.
The protests are working and are not pointless despite what some may think. Fuck the begrudgers and Up The Arsenal
:barscarf:
Agree, he may be an egg chaser but he is a top bloke and stop bitching lol.... :D

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

xisstential wrote:
Clash wrote:
Tollgoon wrote:No new contract. If, and I'd say it's an epic sized IF, Wenger does actually start using tactics and getting the team organised, then it will last till he gets his new contract. Then he will be back to his arrogant ways, he knows best, none of us have worked 30 years in Football etc etc.
Agreed, he has previous for this.

Remember the sequence of 1-0's at the end of the 12/13 season that resulted in the triumphant and infamous St James Park dressing selfie?

Those defensive displays didn't carry over into the whole of the following season. On the contrary we shipped 6 twice and those 5 at Anfield
Lets not forgot the legitimate disallowed goal, them hitting the woodwork twice...If that had been the other way around Wenger would have been forgiven because we were desperately unlucky and the officials conspired to rob us. AGAIN!!
Exactly, from what I saw (highlights only didn't watch it live) we were damn lucky to get the win - don't think it had anything to do with the new formation.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gunnersaurus wrote:What are the plans now for this? Understand it's like pissing into the wind after the semi final but there must be some money left with some plans in place.

The fixture list is hard, unless they go on an unbeaten run winning every game there's still a chance he goes (although it's getting smaller) don't lose heart.
It's continuing...wait until the weekend.......

I cannot believe how everybody has fallen away after one scrappy win over an erratic, hit & miss City team. Watching Southampton v Chelsea at the moment, that is going to be another 90 minutes of screaming in the 4th officials ear by our fearless leader...And Man. U ...and The Scum...and Stoke..he's not off the hook, not by a long shot.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Got chatting to a new fella at work today. Said he was a gooner. Said he wanted Wenger Out but said the protests were pointless.

I pointed out that the protests have kept "the Wenger issue" firmly in the mainstream media like never before. That it looks like the protests have finally forced Gazidis to make a move and also forced the likes of BSM to take a side on whether or not he gets a new contract.
Indeed many fencesitters have now moved to the WOB side and actively want him to leave.

For some bizarre reason he ignored all these points and decided to tell me how he has spent an absolute fortune following Arsenal and he has seen Arsenal play "home and away" and once even went to a European game!

Turns out he hasnt been near an Arsenal game for about 10yrs.

Babu

Post by Babu »

NickF wrote:
Babu wrote: Well done Mr. Wenger.
Now keep it up!
So would you be willing to give Wenger a new contract based on yesterday?
I would not.

Babu

Post by Babu »

xisstential wrote:
Babu wrote: Well done Mr. Wenger.
Now keep it up!
Please tell me you are kidding. We get humiliated at Palace, the fans heap abuse on the players, we win by the odd goal in 3 against an erratic, stuttering City team and the fans heap praise on Wenger?? WE ARE NOT STOPPING.

WENGER OUT!!
I am not kidding. He changed.
I know he's done it before, and the players have done it before, and I don't know how long he will be open for change, and he probably won't be as open to change when he sits there smugly saying he has signed for 2 more years, but I do see that the protests have achieved a change in Wenger.

Please don't stop protesting. Keep protesting, please don't stop.
Maybe there will be another "turning point", like VIlla at home a few seasons ago.

Quite clearly the approach has to change though, as mass-scale protests aren't going to happen with the apathetic Emirates crowd.
There was an initial interest, which peaked with the Man City march, but after that it has almost disappeared.
10 people turning up for the next march before the west ham game, 7 for the bus? The chance was there at Palace away.

Most of the Season Ticket holders at the Emirates have their ST's as a little security blanket.
They like their seat. They like the routine. They like the fact they can come and go as they please. Come in 5 mins. after the game starts, leave 10 minutes before the end to get through the traffic, etc., etc.
They like the clean, sanitised surroundings, and they feel like they are a part of the "Club".
You can't touch these people. They won't protest, they won't let go of their season ticket, and they will keep renewing it.

There must be well over 30,000 of these people.

Now we have the "tourists".

There is a lot more to this than people imagine.
It is not just a couple of japanese girls coming for a selfie to post online.

Just as an example...

At Arsenal Switzerland the organiser is a swiss guy, who works/worked for Swissair, and goes every home game, and has done for 15 years, I think.
Goes with his wife, and gets seats from The Arsenal for every home game.

Now Arsenal Switzerland get at least 2, usually 4, can also get 8 for ALL the home games, that's for tottenham man u, and swansea/wba etc.

Arsenal Switzerland is small. Maybe 40 members, so everyone gets a chance to see The Arsenal a couple of times a season, with very reasonable flights with easyjet, etc. Now there is an Arsenal Germany, France, Singapore, etc., etc.

I am guessing a few thousand tickets go out for every home game to the Worldwide Arsenal fans, and ALL of these fans will go to the shop and buy something. Not just something. They will fill their 20 kg allowance.

Now if I were a PLC I would want those kind of fans. No, change that. If I was a football club I would want those fans.

Fans from all around the World, who have picked The Arsenal to be their team, rather than have Arsenal "forced" upon you because your family was Arsenal, or because you grew up near there, or because you've got your season ticket and you might as well use it.

Arsenal home fans? The most passionless fans in the World? Probably.
The richest fans in the World? Yeah, almost definitely.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

xisstential wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:
NickF wrote:
Sean wrote:

I meant that by donating to the cause I was showing that I was serious about about what we/you are trying to achieve,so of course I don't want the money back.
I have a seat for tonights game against Leicester City,but have decided not to go.
My empty seat can be my protest.

augie

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:What are the plans now for this? Understand it's like pissing into the wind after the semi final but there must be some money left with some plans in place.

It's continuing...wait until the weekend.......

I cannot believe how everybody has fallen away after one scrappy win over an erratic, hit & miss City team. Watching Southampton v Chelsea at the moment, that is going to be another 90 minutes of screaming in the 4th officials ear by our fearless leader...And Man. U ...and The Scum...and Stoke..he's not off the hook, not by a long shot.

Don't panic lads - if/when the scum piss all over us, it will bring the wenker out campaign very much back on track 8) I never expected any less than a victory last sunday, but this coming sunday is a whole different scenario. Pochetinno has le cock's number with us playing a system that wenker and the players know, but can you imagine the carnage ahead playing a system that gave boro 13 goal chances and that is nowhere near fine tuned ? :speechless: