Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: Wenger Out protests

Post by NickF »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:Last home game of the season, on the pitch, disrupt the game and make it clear that we won't tolerate that *word censored* in charge next season. An on-pitxh demo is the only way now.
never going to happen, people will not do banners in the ground let alone go on the pitch.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Might be a bit low tech for you all but why not try the old A4 sheets in the ground thing again, but have it much better organised and promoted this time. Next home match get some people outside handing them to the crowd as they go in, post on FB, Twatter, rope in as many blogs, forums, supporter groups as possible and promote it without any negative connotations. By that i mean some well rounded posts on social media without slagging people off might generate some interest, keep it factual without abusing the manager and you are more likely to attract people.

I'm fairly sure you would get a much better pick up this time than the 'Time for change' one did, you're much further down the road and there is much greater discontent. A simple message again:

'NO NEW CONTRACT'

Posted wherever you can, again asking social media to help out, so people can print off rather than produce themselves, and plenty outside the ground to be distributed would suffice.

The thing with banners is there is a lot of expense involved for people, and a certain amount of fear too, much easier to get an A4 sheet in and if nothing else it would give you a much better idea of who is for and against in the ground. It's also difficult to get people to join a march because of timing, families, and a general discomfort involved for certain types of people, but no one really bothers about holding up an A4 bit of paper, also don't set a rigid time frame to do it, encourage people to do it whenever they see other people holding them up or when things are going wrong on the pitch, if you want to set a time make it something less controversial or pointed.

Dont get me wrong you're never going to get 30000 people waving them but a significant number in the ground would get the message over as surely as 1000 protesting outside would :rubchin:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

GoonerMuzz wrote:Might be a bit low tech for you all but why not try the old A4 sheets in the ground thing again, but have it much better organised and promoted this time. Next home match get some people outside handing them to the crowd as they go in, post on FB, Twatter, rope in as many blogs, forums, supporter groups as possible and promote it without any negative connotations. By that i mean some well rounded posts on social media without slagging people off might generate some interest, keep it factual without abusing the manager and you are more likely to attract people.

I'm fairly sure you would get a much better pick up this time than the 'Time for change' one did, you're much further down the road and there is much greater discontent. A simple message again:

'NO NEW CONTRACT'

Posted wherever you can, again asking social media to help out, so people can print off rather than produce themselves, and plenty outside the ground to be distributed would suffice.

The thing with banners is there is a lot of expense involved for people, and a certain amount of fear too, much easier to get an A4 sheet in and if nothing else it would give you a much better idea of who is for and against in the ground. It's also difficult to get people to join a march because of timing, families, and a general discomfort involved for certain types of people, but no one really bothers about holding up an A4 bit of paper, also don't set a rigid time frame to do it, encourage people to do it whenever they see other people holding them up or when things are going wrong on the pitch, if you want to set a time make it something less controversial or pointed.

Dont get me wrong you're never going to get 30000 people waving them but a significant number in the ground would get the message over as surely as 1000 protesting outside would :rubchin:
Gonna need strong tireless arms....

I like the idea..it's just that those A4 pieces of paper look kinda ineffective and cheap....but it's worth a try. Thing is it has to be now, this coming weekend, the pressure needs to be sustained...and will people do it because it's Man.U and it's Mourinho...people always find a reason NOT to do something.

augie

Post by augie »

I agree that it does look like a harmless type of protest, but as you say whatever has to be done needs to be done now. I would love to see something like the white hanky thing that they do in spain, as it is very eye catching during a game - the problem with that is that people would have to bring white hankies with them (practically impossible to organize) or chris and the fund would have to buy a load of white hankies/small towels, and I'm not sure how financially prudent that would be. Anyone that watches the nfl will be very familiar with the Pittsburgh terrible towel thing that their fans do - I think that the towels are fcuk all bigger than a facecloth, but their fans do it frequently do it during a game to gee up the crowd and get the atmosphere cranked up a notch. The fact that they use yellow towels also mean that it creates a very noticeable display

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:I agree that it does look like a harmless type of protest, but as you say whatever has to be done needs to be done now. I would love to see something like the white hanky thing that they do in spain, as it is very eye catching during a game - the problem with that is that people would have to bring white hankies with them (practically impossible to organize) or chris and the fund would have to buy a load of white hankies/small towels, and I'm not sure how financially prudent that would be. Anyone that watches the nfl will be very familiar with the Pittsburgh terrible towel thing that their fans do - I think that the towels are fcuk all bigger than a facecloth, but their fans do it frequently do it during a game to gee up the crowd and get the atmosphere cranked up a notch. The fact that they use yellow towels also mean that it creates a very noticeable display
Perfect colour for our lot. I've put the A4 thing out there to the rest of the organisers...I kinda like it...no set time, just whenever they feel like holding them up. Of course if we score and are in front, forget it. I wish our lot could get it through their heads that this is NOT about one or 2 results, it's about the future of the club. The longer Wenger stays,the longer it's going to take to repair the damage,

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I am up for a whole afternoon of protests either before or during the Man Utd or Everton games. Fuck the pub, it's time to show the club that there are thousands of us that want change. I have noticed a sea change amongst AKB mates lately, one even agreed with a FB rant I has this morning. We all need to keep chipping away but not diluting the protests by having too many, make it ground focused for the Man Utd game.

It won't make any difference to our league standing now, so I say fuck the consequences something big needs to happen inside the bowl!

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

There is to be a short sharp protest march before the Man.U game.And we will probably add the A4 or A3 sheets for inside the ground. We will post details later.

This is a pivotal time, we cannot have one week go by without showing our dissatisfaction. Everybody who can BE THERE!!

markyp

Post by markyp »

regards the A3or A4 thing,is there anything to be written on them?? to save time why not just hand out plain black sheets,no writing,no need to,the black will symbolise that the club is dead,just a thought,imagine if you could get enough people to hold them up at the emriates,a sea of black would look awesome,even wenger would see that

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

markyp wrote:regards the A3or A4 thing,is there anything to be written on them?? to save time why not just hand out plain black sheets,no writing,no need to,the black will symbolise that the club is dead,just a thought,imagine if you could get enough people to hold them up at the emriates,a sea of black would look awesome,even wenger would see that
Nobody, including the media, would understand or get the symbolism. They would sneer at it as confusing and muddled. I'm not trying to dismiss your idea I just think we have to spell it out.I think either WENGER OUT or if that's too disrespectful for some....NO NEW CONTRACT. Make a STATEMENT. A clear unequivocal message that his presence at the club will no longer be tolerated.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

For those unable to get to the protests, or make donations etc If you really want to do "Something" Do This:

http://www.onlinegooner.com/article.php ... QcbgRMrLX4

Even if it is the exact same letter each day/week etc It will help you feel a whole lot better, AND Then keep writing at least a letter a week and on-wards right through the summer if need be and on-wards every week till he is GONE!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Clearly there needs to be a protest march next weekend - the irritating thing for me though is that unfortunately the AKBs holy grail is still possible (top 4) and so may dissuade some of them from attending.

I really do hope that by the time of the last 2 home matches, in the last week of the league season that the top 4 is out of reach.
at that point there is the slight chance that the fanbase might start to unite against the manager, and dare I say it the slightest possibility of real rebellion inside the Emirates. no chance of that next weekend I'm afraid.

my view is that the club and Wenger are fully aware that top 4 is not going to be reached but they are trying to spin out the illusion of it for as long as they can.

RobG

Post by RobG »

xisstential wrote:There is to be a short sharp protest march before the Man.U game.And we will probably add the A4 or A3 sheets for inside the ground. We will post details later.

This is a pivotal time, we cannot have one week go by without showing our dissatisfaction. Everybody who can BE THERE!!

Sadly cannot be there in person. But I have chipped in to the fund twice already. Will make it a hat trick later in the week 8)

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gunner Rob wrote:Clearly there needs to be a protest march next weekend - the irritating thing for me though is that unfortunately the AKBs holy grail is still possible (top 4) and so may dissuade some of them from attending.

I really do hope that by the time of the last 2 home matches, in the last week of the league season that the top 4 is out of reach.
at that point there is the slight chance that the fanbase might start to unite against the manager, and dare I say it the slightest possibility of real rebellion inside the Emirates. no chance of that next weekend I'm afraid.

my view is that the club and Wenger are fully aware that top 4 is not going to be reached but they are trying to spin out the illusion of it for as long as they can.
The really infuriating thing is that teams above us like City & Man.U go and drop points to Boro & Swansea....wouldn't be at all surprised if 'pool slip up at Watford tonight. Top 4 should already be out of site, unfortunately, apart from spurs & chelsea, the others are as crap as we are :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

xisstential wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:Clearly there needs to be a protest march next weekend - the irritating thing for me though is that unfortunately the AKBs holy grail is still possible (top 4) and so may dissuade some of them from attending.

The really infuriating thing is that teams above us like City & Man.U go and drop points to Boro & Swansea....wouldn't be at all surprised if 'pool slip up at Watford tonight. Top 4 should already be out of site, unfortunately, apart from spurs & chelsea, the others are as crap as we are :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Just don't think he will get lucky again....away games at Stoke and Southampton in the league grounds we don't do well at even with better Arsenal teams.

The home games are all winnable Sunderland down,Everton with nothing to play for they are in the Europa league.

United on Sunday and Mourinho who would like nothing better than turning us over under Wenger for hopefully the last time.They have the semi-final either side of Sunday and are running out of defenders which gives us a massive advantage probably be 1-1 draw,they are unbeaten somehow in 25 league games but draw a lot,not a great United side,but have a manager that can set a team up to get a result.I can't see any way we will win the last 5 games,no chance.I expect two more defeats at least.We are a shambles away from home.

City and Liverpool will cling on to the top 4 places imo.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

1-0 to the Mickeys and that's a 9 point gap with us still to go to the Britannia and play Maureen's lot......which we both know are unwinnable games for Shit for Brains......not to mention a trip to St Marys.

Its all over lads - start plotting your Thursday night trips to Limassol and Poznan