Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Wenger Out protest - Sunday 2nd April 14:30 Man City (H)

Post by Gunner Rob »

armchair wrote:There is already a respectful banner thanking Wenger for his "services"

But for some reason the AKBs object to the "Thanks for the Memories banner too.
what memories?
do they mean the 8-2 defeat SIX years ago :oops:

armchair

Post by armchair »

Swiss Tony Adams wrote:Switzerland 1 Latvia 0, World Cup Qualification
Stade de Genève 25. 03. 2017. 18:00

:barscarf:
This is fantastic mate. Keep up the good work!
:barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:Yes, Wonga has to go no matter what. He is a major part of the problem at the club. He has little or no true ambition other than keeping the owner happy, no discipline, no tactics, motivation, is a total dictator......we all know what he is like and he has to go.
I still maintain that one of the main reasons Kranky doesn't get rid is 'CHANGE COSTS MONEY'!! Wonga might be at the end of his contract but all the useless coaches and employees (yes men) that Wonga has employed may all have long contracts and if Wonga went, then a new manager would cost a fortune on a good contract but paying off useless planks like Steve Bould et al would cost a fortune. Then there is the fact that a new manager with half a brain would need to get rid of at least 6 or 7 players on HUUUUUUUGE contracts, not easy and would like to sign several. So Kranky sees change as a money drain so he is happy for the status quo to remain as it doesn't cost him much at all.

Oh, and anyone who believes the media when they say Wonga has been told/will make a major overhaul this summer has learnt NOTHING in the last 20 years. Wonga likes continuity, likes yes men. He is not going to overhaul anything, he'll just sign another couple of no marks to replace our best couple of players. Next season will be worse......much worse under Wonga. I said many years ago that he will lead us to mid-table, it will happen if he stays at the club (which of course he will).

I know for a fact that many of the coaches contracts are tied in to expire when his expires, so at least most of the c.unts wont need to get compensation when told to fcuk off :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I think he's agreed to stay but they are looking for a good time to announce it .
Last week the press went into overdrive with Positive news and they forced the players into grunting a few positive soundbites the funniest bieng Xhaka's .
IMO they better do it now as I have zero confidence in the team in winning again for a while .
I am going to the West Spam game and expect nothing from them !

augie

Post by augie »

Herd wrote:I think he's agreed to stay but they are looking for a good time to announce it .
Last week the press went into overdrive with Positive news and they forced the players into grunting a few positive soundbites the funniest bieng Xhaka's .
IMO they better do it now as I have zero confidence in the team in winning again for a while .

To me it was very, very noticeable that there was almost deafening silence from the players for a long time, but then all of a sudden we have a shit load of them making public statements defending the c.unt - it stood out as an organized group instruction and I think it reflects very badly on the club and the players :oops: :oops:
I also think that it is very obvious that the two best players (sanchez and ozil) have not come out with calls for him to stay, the ox was never gonna defend him given his total frustration with his treatment and development at arsene fc, and obviously the row between wally and primorac must be serious too cos mr pr mouthpiece (wally) usually goes running to the media at every chance, but he has been silent over wenkers future in the past week. I also seen this morning that it is being reported in the sun newspaper today, that if wenker stays wilshere wants to go to ac milan - personally I would like to see wilshere given a chance to deliver on his potential under a better manager at AFC, but if wenker stays we should probably sell jack

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I think these protests will get bigger and bigger over the next 2 seasons. Only way is down for us right now. At least we will lose in the FA Cup to City and not the Spuds or Chelski. Small things make a difference these days

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Exactly, Get rid of Wenger then if someone shit is appointed even more may join the protests against Wiggy.

BUT a whole host of clubs protest against their owners, sadly success rates seem less than good- I dont follow Blackburn or Charlton but theyve been protesting for years with sizable crowds and havent got far. One exception I suppose has been Cardiff who at least got their blue strip back :oops:

A mass of teams have odious owners now- terrible situation in the medium run when football gets less TV coverage/ popular. We might be another Leeds after all :wink:

General

Post by General »

augie wrote:
Herd wrote:I think he's agreed to stay but they are looking for a good time to announce it .

To me it was very, very noticeable that there was almost deafening silence from the players for a long time, but then all of a sudden we have a shit load of them making public statements defending the c.unt - it stood out as an organized group instruction and I think it reflects very badly on the club and the players :oops: :oops:
I also think that it is very obvious that the two best players (sanchez and ozil) have not come out with calls for him to stay, the ox was never gonna defend him given his total frustration with his treatment and development at arsene fc, and obviously the row between wally and primorac must be serious too cos mr pr mouthpiece (wally) usually goes running to the media at every chance, but he has been silent over wenkers future in the past week. I also seen this morning that it is being reported in the sun newspaper today, that if wenker stays wilshere wants to go to ac milan - personally I would like to see wilshere given a chance to deliver on his potential under a better manager at AFC, but if wenker stays we should probably sell jack
I think the deafening silence might be explained by the international break which gave certain players the opportunity to speak up. A few went on record to say that Wenger had asked them to focus on matters on the pitch and leave him to handle the media scrutiny.

Agreed on the continued silence from certain names though i.e. Ox, Sanchez and Ozil who has come out and clarified that his future isn't linked to le fraud's. AC were interested in taking Wilshere on loan so I'm not surprised he's interested in going there. He stunk the place out at Bournemouth at times though and struggled with their tough fitness regime. A lot of our players would be left exposed outside the comfortable confines of Colney.

General

Post by General »

Theoperator wrote:Exactly, Get rid of Wenger then if someone shit is appointed even more may join the protests against Wiggy.

BUT a whole host of clubs protest against their owners, sadly success rates seem less than good- I dont follow Blackburn or Charlton but theyve been protesting for years with sizable crowds and havent got far. One exception I suppose has been Cardiff who at least got their blue strip back :oops:
As you said, most of these protests are against owners and that's what we should avoid in the short term as it very rarely succeeds. Protests against managers however can be very effective due to the potential destabilising effect. Villa/McLeish and United/Moyes are probably more appropriate examples of fan upheaval contributing to the manager's removal. The protests against the Glazers have also died down as they've invested heavily in the squad. Once le fraud is gone, wiggy and his minions will have sink or swim.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

The logic of Kroenke being the bigger problem is right because Wenger would be gone under any reasonable owner.

But if you think Wenger doesn't care about criticism then Kroenke isn't even aware of it - he sits 3000 miles away watching his money go up and up. With an unlisted company there is nothing that can be done to force him to sell up.

Protesting against Wenger is far more effective because the hope is that either he will have had enough and jack it in, or that eventually if our current spiral continues then Kroenke will have to act to protect his investment (at next renewal time though - they will never actively sack him).

If we get in a flop to replace Wenger then he won't last long because the fans will complain because he won't be treated like a deity.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

mzk90 wrote:Guys, we need as much help as possible with getting emails out from tomorrow onwards to the club sponsors.

https://twitter.com/NoNewContract/statu ... 7876050947

Below is a list of email addresses for Arsenal’s sponsors. Hypothetically, anyone could send an email to each one. Using their imagination to complain about one of the products or services appropriate to their company or just having a generic moan, but of course keeping it polite and definitely no abuse! You could sign the email off with the name of your favourite Arsenal player from days gone by or just good old Stanley Kroenke.

Anyone could send these emails out from the evening of Sunday 26th March, through to the morning of Monday 27th, just to keep the sponsors busy when they come in to work. Of course, we’re not telling you to do this & I’m sure you would never want to do anything that might cause the sponsors any ‘inconvenience’, would you?

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Please spread the word
Octopus Energy the only one to actually reply to me so far. "It's clear you're passionate about this issue, but we are only worried about providing sustainable energy to the stadium and have no say in the manager." :lol:

GTG

Post by GTG »

I fully appreciate what everyone is saying about Wiggy. Agree with most of what has been said here but the one thing people seem to be missing for me is that Wenger has had more than enough money made available to him....... hes wasted it.

Could more money be made available? possibly. Kronke could also sack Wenger or at least put pressure on Wenger to achieve and he hasn't I get all that.

However, I firmly believe that given the funds and the wage structure Wenger is currently operating under a new manager could achieve league titles and a better fist at the CL or at least make us more competitive than we are now.

I personally dont believe the board withold funds from Wenger within reason.

Wenger and Wenger only should be the focus of protests because he is the biggest reason we are in the state we are. I hate the fact that we get fleeced on ticket prices etc of course but that aint gonna change is it....... as far as im concerned with a decent manager in charge Kronke could carry on running arsenal the way he is now and we could still be very successful.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I can't believe that the club are going to have a PLAYER OF THE MONTH for March :D

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... h-vote-now

I just voted for the most ridiculous option - Granit Xhaka :lol: :lol: :lol: for his AMAZING assist in the defeat to WBA :roll:

The comments about this are pretty savage on the Arsenal facebook site - the club is sooooo out of touch with its fanbase, it is unreal.

MecurialGooner

Post by MecurialGooner »

If Wenger goes or is forced out, Wiggy's response is largely irrelevant. Wenger protects the board and the owner with his cult like status. get rid of Wenger, and the next manager will be much easier to oust from the job if they become a failure. Wenger is #1 priority.

Also, there are very few managers/coaches in the world today who could do worse at Arsenal with our resources and squad. it should be well known by now that wenger isn't much of a coach, and doesn't understand much in the way of tactics or putting on a session. I can guarantee that Eddie Howe and his current Bournemouth side don't lose 10-2 to Bayern Munich over 2 games. Very few managers can do worse than wenger.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Ziegler1988 wrote:[q
Octopus Energy the only one to actually reply to me so far. "It's clear you're passionate about this issue, but we are only worried about providing sustainable energy to the stadium and have no say in the manager." :lol:
aka thank you for your interest in our affairs. The manager is unsustainable as he has no energy :barscarf: