West Bromwich Albion (A) | PL | Sat 18 Mar 12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: West Bromwich Albion (A) | PL | Sat 18 Mar 12:30

Post by northbank123 »

Whenever I have been away the last 18 months or so there has been very little resistance to the anti-Wenger sentiment at the bad games.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

manninger wrote:
xisstential wrote:Pulis has Wenger's number (who doesn't these days) so they might just turn us over. Here's hoping....sacrilege I know but I don't care what has to happen to get him out. We lose all the games WE want to win anyway, so who gives a shit if we lose the games he NEEDS to win. WENGER OUT!!

I also think the banners need to be altered to read WENGER GET OUT!! I might have one made for the Man City game. Maybe in French, with Do you understand this written underneath.[/quote

Christ, you lot make me sick.

When man u did it with moyes, thougt they where childish. Support the team instead. Yes, We are NOT good at the moment, but it dies NOT help the players or anyone elses. Wenger cares about the club , the players at the moment NOT. Behave reasonable.

Hope We win though
Fuck off...Hows that..reasonable enough for you??

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
xisstential wrote:Pulis has Wenger's number (who doesn't these days) so they might just turn us over. Here's hoping....sacrilege I know but I don't care what has to happen to get him out. We lose all the games WE want to win anyway, so who gives a shit if we lose the games he NEEDS to win. WENGER OUT!!

I also think the banners need to be altered to read WENGER GET OUT!! I might have one made for the Man City game. Maybe in French, with Do you understand this written underneath.

Let's keep our heads. I agree we need to be clear, direct and unambiguous. I've always thought "No New Contract" is a tad too bland. But banners which say "Get Out" go too far: we need to persuade more than the core 300 or so ultras that it is worth joining the visible protest and we won't do that if we are abusive - we will play into the AKBs' hands.

Wenger Out is the simple message from now on - no more, no less....
It's not working...he's not taking any notice of it. He couldn't give a rats ass about us, we are so meek & mild and he is so dismissive of us. If he was in Spain or Italy they would be hurling flares and bottles of water at him.

Clash

Post by Clash »

manninger wrote:
Christ, you lot make me sick.

When man u did it with moyes, thougt they where childish. Support the team instead. Yes, We are NOT good at the moment, but it dies NOT help the players or anyone elses. Wenger cares about the club , the players at the moment NOT. Behave reasonable.

Hope We win though
Have you considered that what you're suggesting is part of the problem rather than the solution?

Passive fan bases will always be taken advantage of. Especially when arrogant egomaniacs like Wenger are at those clubs.

I dont like how demanding fans of certain clubs are but nobody who works at those clubs dares to take liberties with the fans.

If Arsenal fans are making you sick then maybe you should take a look at how fans of other clubs react. Only this week PSG fans attacked their players when they returned from Barcelona. Doesnt really compare with banners, balloons and a plane does it?

Arsenal fans protesting against Wenger is long overdue. And he deserves worse than he is getting.

NickF

Post by NickF »

xisstential wrote:
Bob Bayliss wrote:

I also think the banners need to be altered to read WENGER GET OUT!! I might have one made for the Man City game. Maybe in French, with Do you understand this written underneath.

Let's keep our heads. I agree we need to be clear, direct and unambiguous. I've always thought "No New Contract" is a tad too bland. But banners which say "Get Out" go too far: we need to persuade more than the core 300 or so ultras that it is worth joining the visible protest and we won't do that if we are abusive - we will play into the AKBs' hands.

Wenger Out is the simple message from now on - no more, no less....
It's not working...he's not taking any notice of it. He couldn't give a rats ass about us, we are so meek & mild and he is so dismissive of us. If he was in Spain or Italy they would be hurling flares and bottles of water at him.
I know we really need to be whiter than white with the protest but when you look on twitter and we are being told we're disrespectful I do think maybe we should go all out and REALLY be disrespectful. :twisted: :twisted:

MecurialGooner

Post by MecurialGooner »

That is a good point. The goal was to keep the protests respectful. Even so, the media/pundits/fans are all saying how disrespectful the protests are...

The only way they can be any more respectful, is if we didn't protest at all. I imagine that is the message the AKB SCUM and media whores are sending to us. :banghead: :roll:

Clash

Post by Clash »

MecurialGooner wrote:That is a good point. The goal was to keep the protests respectful. Even so, the media/pundits/fans are all saying how disrespectful the protests are...

The only way they can be any more respectful, is if we didn't protest at all. I imagine that is the message the AKB SCUM and media whores are sending to us. :banghead: :roll:
Yeah if they're gonna treat respectful and polite banners like the 'thanks for the memories' one as though it says 'fuck off Wenger' ... then we might as well just have ones that do say 'fuck off Wenger'.

Let's be honest, that's really what we feel ain't it?!

The man deserves a sea of 'fuck off' banners waving in his face for as long as he sticks around dragging our club down.

Babu

Post by Babu »

xisstential wrote:
This is just a random Sunday night ramble, and in no way meant to be taken seriously...

There are plenty of Gooners out there who have said they won't go in the Emirates again.
Now, what about utilising this to our advantage.

Joe Bloggs buys a ticket to watch The Arsenal, then lets off a pyrotechnic device in the Stadium, so getting attention, and a fine for the Club from the FA/UEFA ( which will PROPERLY hurt them ), and all he gets is a banning order. Any fine could be paid by the "fund".

Or get a few fans in the ground to stop the game with a protest.
Might even mean losing points, so making sure that the 4th Place Trophy is not a possibility.
Doesn't have to be anything mental, just making a point.

FC Basel did it in Switzerland a few years ago, when their game was changed to an early kick-off because Roger Federer was playing, and the Swiss Fa changed the kick off time for TV.

The Basel fans smuggled in tennis balls and threw them on the pitch.
Not once, but twice.

Stewards cleared them up once, then they threw the other half!

And held up a Banner with the words " We Determine The Kick Off Time!"

Obviously not tennis balls, but I'm sure someone will come up with something.

phpBB [video]

Obviously this is NOT intended to be acted upon, or to inspire anyone to go anything in any way illegal at a football match.

ten20

Post by ten20 »

Babu wrote:
xisstential wrote:
This is just a random Sunday night ramble, and in no way meant to be taken seriously...

There are plenty of Gooners out there who have said they won't go in the Emirates again.
Now, what about utilising this to our advantage.

Joe Bloggs buys a ticket to watch The Arsenal, then lets off a pyrotechnic device in the Stadium, so getting attention, and a fine for the Club from the FA/UEFA ( which will PROPERLY hurt them ), and all he gets is a banning order. Any fine could be paid by the "fund".

Or get a few fans in the ground to stop the game with a protest.
Might even mean losing points, so making sure that the 4th Place Trophy is not a possibility.
Doesn't have to be anything mental, just making a point.

FC Basel did it in Switzerland a few years ago, when their game was changed to an early kick-off because Roger Federer was playing, and the Swiss Fa changed the kick off time for TV.

The Basel fans smuggled in tennis balls and threw them on the pitch.
Not once, but twice.

Stewards cleared them up once, then they threw the other half!

And held up a Banner with the words " We Determine The Kick Off Time!"

Obviously not tennis balls, but I'm sure someone will come up with something.

phpBB [video]

Obviously this is NOT intended to be acted upon, or to inspire anyone to go anything in any way illegal at a football match.

Love it, lob 2500 tennis balls onto the Hawthorns pitch when the plane flies over :D

MecurialGooner

Post by MecurialGooner »

Clash wrote:
MecurialGooner wrote:That is a good point. The goal was to keep the protests respectful. Even so, the media/pundits/fans are all saying how disrespectful the protests are...

Yeah if they're gonna treat respectful and polite banners like the 'thanks for the memories' one as though it says 'fuck off Wenger' ... then we might as well just have ones that do say 'fuck off Wenger'.

Let's be honest, that's really what we feel ain't it?!

The man deserves a sea of 'fuck off' banners waving in his face for as long as he sticks around dragging our club down.
Agreed. Might as well get straight to the point, because anything we do politely will be taken as "disrespect" anyway. :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I still want us to win this game but apparantly that makes me not want to see a wider picture.

Disrupting games with tennis balls ? really !

This campaign should remain a campaign and not become a zealots holy crusade where any thing is somehow justified in support of the Cause.
this if your not part of the solution your part of the problem leaves me cold.
Last edited by Herd on Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Herd wrote:I still want us to win this game but apparantly that makes me not want to see a wider picture.

This campaign should remain a campaign and not become a holy crusade where any thing is somehowe justified in support of the Cause.
You win the games,we keep the manager..Simple as that.

Of course we won't win enough games to win anything, just enough to ensure he stays. How on earth can you be happy with that??

I think people still somehow hope that Wenger can pull a rabbit out of the hat. He can't,he's a busted flush.... he will NEVER win the PL again, as for the CL.......That might as well be taking place on the moon.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

exactly you will never satisfy those vermin in the media....they are just waiting for it to stop so they can brand Arsenal fans passive wimps

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

I love the tennis balls idea.

Balls to Wenger - football's Tim Henman.....(come to think of it, maybe more Henri LeConte!)

MecurialGooner

Post by MecurialGooner »

Herd wrote:I still want us to win this game but apparantly that makes me not want to see a wider picture.

This campaign should remain a campaign and not become a zealots holy crusade where any thing is somehow justified in support of the Cause.
this if your not part of the solution your part of the problem leaves me cold.
Well then you have to be cold. I want whatever is best for the club, and that is for Wenger to leave. If it means losing games, I'm all for it. Simple as that really. Some people don't have the stomach for a fight. Sit on the sidelines and watch from a distance.

It is important for the future of Arsenal FC that we do all we can to oust this dictator-in-chief. Nothing else matters to me or many others. PERIOD.