West Bromwich Albion (A) | PL | Sat 18 Mar 12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: West Bromwich Albion (A) | PL | Sat 18 Mar 12:30

Post by flash gunner »

The more we lose the nearer we are to the end :barscarf:

armchair

Post by armchair »

Can someone please fill me in on the coverage.
WengerOut chants throughout the game in our end.
WengerIn chants by the baggies fans throughout.

Did the plane get good exposure?
What about the banners at the end?

More banners there today than ever before

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

armchair wrote:Re Gazidis....

I was walking to the carpark and he was just walking down towards me at the head of a group of others. I didnt notice who else was there.

I held out my hand and said "Hello Ivan"
He shook my hand and I said "Arsene has to go"

He closed his eyes and nodded. Loke he knew and it was gonna be painful. I just walked on. That was it.

I have long believed that Gazidis knows Wenger needs to go but its difficult for him. I have defended him on here and said that he was "key to getting rid of Wenger"

His body language (yes Im not an expert) suggested he really DOES KNOW.......

IVAN KNOWS :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

armchair

Post by armchair »

Yea ok......

ten20

Post by ten20 »

I was walking to the carpark and he was just walking down towards me at the head of a group of others. I didnt notice who else was there.

He closed his eyes and nodded. Loke he knew and it was gonna be painful. I just walked on. That was it.

I have long believed that Gazidis knows Wenger needs to go but its difficult for him. I have defended him on here and said that he was "key to getting rid of Wenger"

As much as Gazidis might want Wenger gone he is powerless. Wenger and Kroenke are the top 2 power holders at the club. :banghead:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

He said "Call me Ivan"
I said fuck off you count !...... :D

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I've long since felt that he knows that he should go. I think he's felt this way since about 2011 or 2012 and seen straight through all the Wanker excuses, lies and general bollox. From what I've read, he and Wanker don't speak except when legally obliged to under company law. He's the one who came to the fans' Q&A sessions and fronted up whereas Wanker never has. Gazidis was the one who kept talking about there being money to spend and players to buy but Wanker refused. I think it was 2012 or 2013 when he said that there would be big name players signed bit from what I understand, this pissed Wanker right off as he and only he decides who comes in and who goes. I actually think that the money statement was Gazidis having enough and stating that it's not the board's fault that players weren't being signed, it was Wanker's.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

A very sad state of affairs that a top club should not have...
But the Yanks have to take responsibility for allowing this to happen!...
And another thing boys, when he does go, sometime soon, do not feel guilt, if it was not for you guys, our club would have suffered more disgrace...
I'm listening to all and sundry in the press ex players blah blah fucking blah, going on about what great things he did for English Football, resurrected Tony Adams career as per Stuart Pearce!, I say this, fuck off Pearcey, you know fuck all...

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

armchair wrote:Can someone please fill me in on the coverage.

Our plane got brief exposure,as did the AKB plane.
The Wenger out banners however got good coverage,so I think that us v the AKB'S ,it was 2-1 to us :barscarf:
Henry was pissed off with what had become of Arsenal,and let it show,but without putting the boot into Wenger.
Great banner display from 85min until final whistle :barscarf:
Also,Skys little end of coverage montage definitely showed more of the anti Wenger stuff :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Rugby Gooner wrote:

The Wenger out banners however got good coverage,so I think that us v the AKB'S ,it was 2-1 to us :barscarf:
Henry was pissed off with what had become of Arsenal,and let it show,but without putting the boot into Wenger.
Also,Skys little end of coverage montage definitely showed more of the anti Wenger stuff :barscarf:
Yeah, good to see a decent number of banners on camera and during the game which is always a powerful message. Comments on Sky and the Beeb about how many and comments that it's now time to get rid of him. I think they've finally woken up to the fact that we're not going away and that it's not just a handful of people.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:

Yeah, good to see a decent number of banners on camera and during the game which is always a powerful message. Comments on Sky and the Beeb about how many and comments that it's now time to get rid of him. I think they've finally woken up to the fact that we're not going away and that it's not just a handful of people.
606 might be an interesting listen this evening :D :barscarf:

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Hopefully the above comments about Gazidis are accurate, but if he DOES want Wenger Out, and he stays, surely he needs to man up and resign in protest?

Makes we wonder if AW might use Gazidis as the public fall guy to make it appear like the club are on the fans' side. Sorry, but I don't trust anything or anyone who is willingly part of this miserable regime.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

I know at the end of the day it's probably all good exposure for us, highlighting the mess the club is in, but I wish opposition fans, especially shit clubs like WBA and Lincoln, would stop interfering in our battles with their mock pro wanker shit. Most of them don't have a clue what is happening here, think we should be grateful, and think we're fickle and flip flop from game to game, sometimes even during a game. They don't seem to understand that it's two tribes in a civil war.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

couldn't give a fuck what wba think, at the end of the day our banners got more airtime and discussion than their own team's victory, tough titty you irrelevant brummie *word censored* :barscarf: