MAN CITY HOME GAME THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
General

Re: MAN CITY HOME GAME THREAD

Post by General »

The chickens are truly coming home to roost for this one.

This team is in complete disarray and playing with zero confidence. Koscielny was all over the place for France so don't be surprised to see another abject performance from him and his partner.

I sense there will be many empty seats to add to the nervous atmosphere.

1-3 to City, forlorn figure in long coat occupying a half empty stadium after 75mins.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I think they will shit themselves, City will go ahead and then its Toxicatmosphere Tennessee!

augie

Post by augie »

This game makes me nervous - if this was played a fortnight ago I would have bet my house on a citeeh win cos the players were in like rabbits caught in headlights and in absolute disarray. They have now had two weeks away from our crumbling empire, and the pressure wont be as severe cos the west brom game has been allowed to fade away into the back of the memory :roll:

Player for player citeeh are a mile ahead of us. Manager v manager they are a mile ahead of us. However when he comes to underperforming I would say that we are neck and neck, and that makes predictions hard for this game. As is the norm in wenkerworld ( :roll: ), I do expect our lot to come out with some sort of positive result, and that could possibly be a win - I believe that de byrune is hugely over-rated, but I do think that he could have put on an all-star performance against a team that is tactically and defensively braindead like we are, so from that viewpoint he will be a big loss for them.

2-1 home win :cry: :cry: :cry:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

City get an early goal our bunch of pampered tossers will fold......crowd will turn......hoping for a sustained We want Wenger out

Then Wenger will announce another 2 year deal....he patronises the fans feel they are beneath him...has zero affiliation with them

Compare him with George Graham or Don Howe....true Arsenal men (shame about George and the brown envelope)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wenger only needs a draw and that'll allow the announcement of his new contract to be made. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

General wrote:The chickens are truly coming home to roost for this one.

This team is in complete disarray and playing with zero confidence. Koscielny was all over the place for France so don't be surprised to see another abject performance from him and his partner.

I sense there will be many empty seats to add to the nervous atmosphere.

1-3 to City, forlorn figure in long coat occupying a half empty stadium after 75mins.
Sounds about right.

Perhaps the club can dig out those cardboard cutouts they used for a bit when building the new North bank at Highbury years ago to make the stadium seem full during our midtable adventures to come under Wenger, I mean the cardboard fans probably make more noise anyway than about 50% of the real one's.

:rubchin:

:evil:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I posted this 9 days ago...
DB10GOONER wrote:We will have 60%+ possession, string together 500+ ineffective passes, manage our standard 2 shots on target, somehow take the lead 1-0, and still manage to lose 1-3.

Who gives a fuck, really. :yawn: :roll:

Now I got this gut feeling that Wenger's Deal With The Devil will serve him yet again and we will somehow grab a scruffy 2-1 win and the meeja will resort to the old "careful what you wish for" and "who could replace him" bollocks, the AKB will sing Wenger's name, and intellectuals like Kamara, Sheppard, Neville, Carragher and Shearer will pop up with quality input like "aren't Arsenal fans a fickle bunch" and "ooh what a difference two weeks makes!"

:| :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

What odds on Koscielny getting the wrong side of Aguero and hauling him down to give away a penalty and a red card?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:What odds on Koscielny getting the wrong side of Aguero and hauling him down to give away a penalty and a red card?
Rumour going around (in my head) that PaddyPower are not taking that bet anymore. Ever. :barscarf: :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

northbank123 wrote:What odds on Koscielny getting the wrong side of Aguero and hauling him down to give away a penalty and a red card?

:lol:
Methinks you may have watched Wenger's Arsenal play once or twice :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:

They practice it in training ffs! :barscarf: :lol:

:wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

If one views this dispassionately, we are nailed on to lose this. As General says, this team is shot to pieces and who's going to haul the French fools arse out of the fire.....Ramsey, Theo, Giroud ?? :coffeespit: Sanchez and Ozil have mentally already left and it ain't the sort of game that Ozil usually shows in anyway.

I hear what Augie and DB10 say about the Fraud's uncanny luck, but that feeling (I always have it too) is fuelled by a desire not to see the result go Wenger's way and get him out of trouble. We do want him to get a mauling that we daren't believe it will happen.

Well, from where I stand, his luck is up. He's had a phenomenal run of great escapes, but it couldn't go on forever and it's crumbling around him. City to win.

Ps. If we do win, then I will SERIOUSLY believe that the old bastard has a Faustian pact.....in fact, I'll believe that he IS the Devil !!!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

They practice it in training ffs! :barscarf: :lol:

:wink:

Yes DB, indeed they do.....along with zonal "non" marking. That's going over very big these days.

There's another technique that they no longer have to practice, because it's perfected, honed and ingrained in their very beings.....it's called "The Centre Midfield Stand And Watch The Opposition Run Past Them" technique. It's a true marvel and never fails. The leading exponents in its early days were Messrs Denilson and Song and Arsene keeps videos of their masterclasses. These are shown to aspiring wasters and of our latter day geniuses, Master Ramsey is carrying the mantel in all its glory (yes Ramsey, you !! :cussing: :cussing: ). The jury is out on Xhaka, because we're not sure if he is a prodigy who has grasped the technique with lightening speed, or simply doesn't know what day it is !

:banghead: :banghead:

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

I'm putting £10 on us to win that should guarantee we lose :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Brightonnxtround wrote:I'm putting £10 on us to win that should guarantee we lose :barscarf:

Please make it £100....you know, just to be sure.