The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:19 am
augie wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:31 am
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:23 am
Always thought Luiz would suit our style of play as a defensive midfielder, not a CB.
Nzonzi would be a good signing, a clear upgrade on any current DM at the club.
It appears we are looking at firming up our defence. Van Dyke for £50m should be top of our list.

Last thing we need is another "footballing" centre half who views himself as a playmaker :roll:
Maybe Sol Bamba from Cardiff is more like the defender you think we need.

Neil Warnock thinks so anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, that thought process is exactly the type of mentality that the akb thrive on (I'm not saying that you are an akb btw). There is a huge difference between the likes of bamba and van dijk, and all I'm saying is that somewhere in the middle is what we need - imo we need a vidic/hummels/godin type of defender, and another van dijk is more of what we already have imo

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Let's get back in for Julian Draxler seeing as we're soon to lose one or two. Bit of decent pace wouldn't go amiss as well.

Sure the club are on to it.

:barscarf:

markyp

Post by markyp »

arseofacrow wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:32 pm
Let's get back in for Julian Draxler seeing as we're soon to lose one or two. Bit of decent pace wouldn't go amiss as well.

Sure the club are on to it.

:barscarf:
more likely to sign Count Draxler (see what I did there?) :shock:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Seriously though, that thought process is exactly the type of mentality that the akb thrive on (I'm not saying that you are an akb btw). There is a huge difference between the likes of bamba and van dijk, and all I'm saying is that somewhere in the middle is what we need - imo we need a vidic/hummels/godin type of defender, and another van dijk is more of what we already have imo.

Watched the first half of Cardiff and Preston last night . ........It was terrible , I thought with both sides going for the play offs there might be an unpolished diamond there. ............. Not a chance.

Need a centre back and we do . Harry Maguire would be worth a punt. IMO.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

John Cross has just tweeted at statement from Alexis Sanchez which will appear in tomorrow's Sunday Mirror..Sanchez in this statement admits his intention to leave Arsenal in January because the club clearly don't match his ambition to win bigger trophies..He said he was reassured by Wenger after Bayern Munich humiliation that there would be changes but those changes did not happen..He hopes Arsenal fans will welcome him back when he returns with a different club..

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:59 pm
John Cross has just tweeted at statement from Alexis Sanchez which will appear in tomorrow's Sunday Mirror..Sanchez in this statement admits his intention to leave Arsenal in January because the club clearly don't match his ambition to win bigger trophies..He said he was reassured by Wenger after Bayern Munich humiliation that there would be changes but those changes did not happen..He hopes Arsenal fans will welcome him back when he returns with a different club..
Sounds like RvP all over again, don't blame him for leaving when Arsene Stanley PLC is clearly all about saving money and profit rather than trying to win the big trophies, no doubt we'll hear the club (Wenger on behalf of SK's paycheque) moaning about financial doping and how it has no money again once the ST renewals are in.

If anyone is silly enough to spend their time focusing on blaming Sanchez for all our problems then they need to wake the f*ck up.

The board (& Wenger who is basically one of them) can f*ck right off.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Bradywasking wrote:
What's changed in six years then? Fucking nothing. Any decent player tries hard for a bit but runs out of patience with the most under achieving manager in world football. All those *word censored* who booed Van Persie for leaving and seeing the reality, hopefully now see that it's Wanker, who's the snake, the lying fucking hypocrite who doesn't care about winning. He's the *word censored* who cares about himself, he's the greedy, money-mad selfish *word censored*. Fuck off out of the club, you fucking *word censored*, you fucking piece of shit, charlatan, fraud. Fucking money-mad toxic piece of shit.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Feel like I should be fuming but I'm not. Just smug from the knowledge that I have not made any financial investment (to use language the *word censored* at Arsene and Wiggycunt Plc will understand) to this utter shit show for a long long time and will continue not to until the necessary changes to the manager AND the board are made. Wenger out would not be enough for me now. The whole regime of *word censored* would have to go for me to even consider going back.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:21 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:19 am
augie wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:31 am
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:23 am
Always thought Luiz would suit our style of play as a defensive midfielder, not a CB.
Nzonzi would be a good signing, a clear upgrade on any current DM at the club.
It appears we are looking at firming up our defence. Van Dyke for £50m should be top of our list.

Last thing we need is another "footballing" centre half who views himself as a playmaker :roll:
Maybe Sol Bamba from Cardiff is more like the defender you think we need.

Seriously though, that thought process is exactly the type of mentality that the akb thrive on (I'm not saying that you are an akb btw). There is a huge difference between the likes of bamba and van dijk, and all I'm saying is that somewhere in the middle is what we need - imo we need a vidic/hummels/godin type of defender, and another van dijk is more of what we already have imo
I don't think it matters which CB we buy whilst Wenger is in charge. We've already got the two most promising English CB's on the books and they've not progressed one jot. Koscielny still makes the same mistakes and BFG is bit part player. Mustafi was quality in Spain look at him now. Even Kolasinac was voted best defender in the German league and now he can't get a regular first team start.
I'd buy Luiz and put him in front of the defence. Remember Petit was signed as a CB and you wouldn't trust him as the last line of defence, but in front of the defence, world class.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:50 am
Bradywasking wrote:
What's changed in six years then? Fucking nothing. Any decent player tries hard for a bit but runs out of patience with the most under achieving manager in world football. All those *word censored* who booed Van Persie for leaving and seeing the reality, hopefully now see that it's Wanker, who's the snake, the lying fucking hypocrite who doesn't care about winning. He's the *word censored* who cares about himself, he's the greedy, money-mad selfish *word censored*. Fuck off out of the club, you fucking *word censored*, you fucking piece of shit, charlatan, fraud. Fucking money-mad toxic piece of shit.
The drain of World class players continues and it was always easy to call them mercenaries and disloyal. I'm sure stories will come out about Sanchez being a bad influence, being disruptive and dividing the dressing room. Ramsey and Feo will lead the chorus of disapproval and Wenger will hint in an interview that the circumstances left him no choice but to move Sanchez on for the greater good.
And what is worse is that a section of our support will buy into it. They will chose to believe it (maybe rather than actually believing it) because it fits the agenda of Wenger being blameless for everything.
Stan's mandate for mediocrity continues , our club is in a downward spiral..One thing that the Sanchez saga has proven is that it is not just about spending big and buying the better players. It is more about matching their ambition, surrounding them with likewise quality and desire..Wenger has failed on that again.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

NickF wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:50 am
absolute gem on the BBC courtesy of the Daily Star:

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is lining up a move for Crystal Palace's Ivory Coast winger Wilfried Zaha, 25, to replace Chile forward Alexis Sanchez, 29.

I know it is only paper talk, but it really wouldn't surprise if Wenger thinks that Zaha is a suitable replacement for Sanchez.
On the plus side, BBC are also reporting that Southampton are interested in taking Theo back.
This is a bloke who has scored 30 goals in approaching 250 career games including his days in the Championship. Shit for Brains was obviously impressed by the fantastic impact he had when he went to Man United !

He's got pace, strength and is no doubt skilful but rarely scores and often wastes the final ball. Do we really need another of that type? Play him and Bellerin together down the right hand side and we wouldn't get a single cross in during the whole 90 mins

For all of those reasons, Shit for Brains probably will sign him. Ticks all the right boxes - No other big club interested, tick.......big fish in a small pond, tick......will be duly grateful for being overpaid for a decade and lick Wenger's pipe for years to come, tick

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

More Steven Nzonzi rumours today - another lanky, gormless, paceless c.unt to put in the team ahead of Wilshere.....just what the doctor ordered. I never thought I'd see the midfield masterclass of Jensen, Hillier and Morrow surpassed for a lack of creativity but perm any three of Nzonzi, Xhaka, Elneny and Coquelin and I reckon we might just do it !

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:11 am
More Steven Nzonzi rumours today - another lanky, gormless, paceless c.unt to put in the team ahead of Wilshere.....just what the doctor ordered. I never thought I'd see the midfield masterclass of Jensen, Hillier and Morrow surpassed for a lack of creativity but perm any three of Nzonzi, Xhaka, Elneny and Coquelin and I reckon we might just do it !
Haha I've been thinking that for a while now, certainly the Coquelin/Elneny midfield does remind me of the mid 90's dross we had and apart from a bigger pricetag is Xhaka much better?.

Then we have Iwobi - the new Glen Helder? :twisted:

Up front we certainly have a lot more qualitee as Wenger would say, from Harton, Kiwomya and Wright, although when Sanchez leaves then we will still be pretty thin up top, defensively we are worse than back then as well.

I always said Wenger would take us full circle, back to the mid 90's again we go.. the only difference will be a shiny(ish) stadium that is half full and zero ambition from the top which we did at least have back then.

:banghead:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Wenger on Alexis:

"I dont know what is going on in his head & whether he's with us short term or long term. I'm not a psychologist. From Monday he is free to go where he wants if its a foreign club — but that's not my problem. My problem is just about trying to win at West Brom"

There you have it, Mr. 30 years saying the future of the best player at our club isn't his problem. How is he not called out on this shit :banghead:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:54 pm
Wenger on Alexis:

"I dont know what is going on in his head & whether he's with us short term or long term. I'm not a psychologist. From Monday he is free to go where he wants if its a foreign club — but that's not my problem. My problem is just about trying to win at West Brom"

There you have it, Mr. 30 years saying the future of the best player at our club isn't his problem. How is he not called out on this shit :banghead:
You couldn't make this shit up, it's not his problem? Then who the fucks is it you senile old fart :banghead: