The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Summer Transfer Thread

Post by augie »

I watched the last 15-20 minutes of the roma game last night, and on that evidence I would question how much improvement Chesney has made - he was badly caught out with the cross for the 2nd genoa goal, but less than 5 minutes later he made a crucial stop in a 1 v 1 situation.
The only reason I am posting this is cos it looks like we are going to be in the market for at least 1 keeper this summer

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Shopping list;

That Ajax centre back Sanches, best player on the pitch in the uefa cup final.
A replacement for Cazorla and Wilshere as they are continually injured. The only name that springs to mind is gonna be unpopular but bring back Fabregas, can't think of anyone else?? getting him from chelski would to me indicate some sort of intent to win the league by the club.
Get a striker who will encourage Ozil and Sanchez to stay, no matter the cost. A fit Radamel Falcao springs to mind. He was never fit for chelski and manure, returned from that knee injury too soon.
Jordan Pickford - better than any keeper at the club young enough to grow in the team, like Seaman did for us and Petr Cech did at Chelski.
Oh and if its not too much trouble Massimillo Allegri or Zinezine Zidane as head coach.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:Shopping list;

That Ajax centre back Sanches, best player on the pitch in the uefa cup final.
A replacement for Cazorla and Wilshere as they are continually injured. The only name that springs to mind is gonna be unpopular but bring back Fabregas, can't think of anyone else?? getting him from chelski would to me indicate some sort of intent to win the league by the club.
Get a striker who will encourage Ozil and Sanchez to stay, no matter the cost. A fit Radamel Falcao springs to mind. He was never fit for chelski and manure, returned from that knee injury too soon.
Jordan Pickford - better than any keeper at the club young enough to grow in the team, like Seaman did for us and Petr Cech did at Chelski.
Oh and if its not too much trouble Massimillo Allegri or Zinezine Zidane as head coach.
Whilst I do rate Pickford, I don't think the Seamo comparison works tbh. I think Seamo was 26 or 27 the year we signed him wasn't he? Hardly young (even for a keeper) and I'd say he hit the ground running as he was the complete article and in his peak years. Pickford is still learning his craft. Still, my dead granny is better than all 3 keepers we currently have... and the really bad one out on loan. :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Mahrez has told Leicester he wants out......what odds the one season wonder replaces Alexis?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:Mahrez has told Leicester he wants out......what odds the one season wonder replaces Alexis?

:cry: It's ALL Fuckinn BAD News Today. :cry: :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

rodders999 wrote:Mahrez has told Leicester he wants out......what odds the one season wonder replaces Alexis?
Ligue 1 clubs and journeymen footballers all over Europe must already be planning what to spend our money on.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Look at last season's window - a long drawn out saga for Mustafi before coughing with 35m. Xhaka his main signing at the start of the window - a few half decent matches in the run in, but still utter shite and a couple of no marks

We will go again with the Lamppost and Welwide as our main attacking options supported by Feo Feo. The mysterious Perez will be flogged back to La Coruna, and the Alexis saga will drag on and on until the club has no option but to take the Van persie approach and flog him to City at the last minute. Ozil will stay which will be lauded as some sort of mega achievement.

What will happen this time? Much the same I expect. There will be some sort of 'statement signing' like Xhaka at the start of the window.....maybe that will be Mahrez, because a flaky inconsistent winger is just what's needed. Then he will go on his usual Summer tour doing anything and everything except for signing players and there will be a last minute panic buy at the same time as Alexis leaving.

Seven players will miss the opener and we will lose

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

SteveO 35 wrote:
And the banners will be back out again. :twisted:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Fee agreed for Onyekuru from Kas Eupen... £6.8m ....let the good times roll
Mahrez to become a Crystal Palace player via three seasons at Arsenal

Midz

Post by Midz »

SSN -

"Arsenal agree Onyekuru fee"

Oh please fuck off!!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Midz wrote:SSN -

Oh please fuck off!!
Good job Arsene stayed eh, who else could have pulled off a deal like that.

:censored: just :censored: off you total :censored:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Oh please fuck off!!
Sanchez' replacement :roll:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

FFS!!! :censored: :cussing: :cussing:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Oh please fuck off!!
The final full stop on a day the club told the fans...FUCK YOU.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:Look at last season's window - a long drawn out saga for Mustafi before coughing with 35m. Xhaka his main signing at the start of the window - a few half decent matches in the run in, but still utter shite and a couple of no marks

We will go again with the Lamppost and Welwide as our main attacking options supported by Feo Feo. The mysterious Perez will be flogged back to La Coruna, and the Alexis saga will drag on and on until the club has no option but to take the Van persie approach and flog him to City at the last minute. Ozil will stay which will be lauded as some sort of mega achievement.

What will happen this time? Much the same I expect. There will be some sort of 'statement signing' like Xhaka at the start of the window.....maybe that will be Mahrez, because a flaky inconsistent winger is just what's needed. Then he will go on his usual Summer tour doing anything and everything except for signing players and there will be a last minute panic buy at the same time as Alexis leaving.

:lol: :lol: Exactly. I couldn't have put it any better myself. I might just add that in addition to Sanchez fucking orf, we might also see Bellerin, the Ox and Monreal go, which would be damaging.

Still, I'm optimistic that we'll be able to cling on to Ramsey, Giroud and Theo, so our challenge for top 8, ought to be ok. :barscarf: :barscarf: