The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by robbo10 »

RobG wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:13 am
General wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:41 am
. Isn't it odd how all these average players are secured on long term contracts yet we can't seem to tie down our key players.

So true. It is what happens when one unhinged ego maniac, insists that he and only he, will oversee and decide everything, short of the mustard on the hot dogs.

There was going to be 'a catalyst for change' at the back end of last season. You have more chance of seeing a solar eclipse, than any of that.

But I have the feeling that matters might just come to head this time around. If we take a pasting at Anfild and then Stamford Bridge, the mood could finally turn inside the Emirates. I wouldn't bet on it. But Wenger cannot keep defying reality.

Not only might this actually be his final contract. He might not see it out.
Remember......No-one is bigger at Arsenal than Arsene Wenger....he is the club,and fuck what you and I think about it.....Sanchez will be gone soon,he's had enough of Arsene's bollocks and his woeful squad,but the Messiah remains

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Almunia was a fucking shite keeper, he was known in La Liga as "the reserve" then Wonga singed him FFS! :barscarf:

Got to be the worst keeper & most overpaid at the Arsenal since my time apart from George Wood :banghead: Wenger doesn't have a clue about keepers, inherited Seaman & bought Lehman at the tailend of his career, that's it for top class GK's. Talking about destroying young players you can add a few keepers to that list starting with Alex Manniger & Szchesney. :cussing:

Talking to some fans of ours back when Almunia was 1st choice, :cussing: , who agreed Almunia wasn't Arsenal standard, one doris said your're 100% right but he seems a nice bloke! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Herd wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:30 am
Sorry but Almunia always looked liable to give up a dodgy goal at any time .
Not a bad shot stopper but useless on crosses and had no bottle whatsoever ,as soon as he got found out once he lost the plot !

Never forgave Almunia for his shit display against the Manc Ronaldo for the 3rd goal and Oshea for the 4th ..utter shite!!
Add the CL final as well. positional awareness of a floundering haddock.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:39 am
Almunia was a fucking shite keeper, he was known in La Liga as "the reserve" then Wonga singed him FFS! :barscarf:

Got to be the worst keeper & most overpaid at the Arsenal since my time apart from George Wood :banghead: Wenger doesn't have a clue about keepers, inherited Seaman & bought Lehman at the tailend of his career, that's it for top class GK's. Talking about destroying young players you can add a few keepers to that list starting with Alex Manniger & Szchesney. :cussing:

Talking to some fans of ours back when Almunia was 1st choice, :cussing: , who agreed Almunia wasn't Arsenal standard, one doris said your're 100% right but he seems a nice bloke! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
... and Lehman was a constant fucking disaster waiting to happen. The two occasions we should have won the CL (04 and 06) Lehman had a huge hand (if you'll forgive the pun! :wink: ) in fucking both up from a height. He had a good run behind a solid back 4 and some tasy DM's in 04 but he wasn't fit to suck the shit out of Seamo's arse tbh. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Also, one of those Whore goals in Paris? That was technically an own goal by Almunia - it was going across goal and out for a throw in on the far side when it clipped the inside of his fucking leg and went in-off... ffs.... :censored: :roll: :x

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:14 pm
Also, one of those Whore goals in Paris? That was technically an own goal by Almunia - it was going across goal and out for a throw in on the far side when it clipped the inside of his fucking leg and went in-off... ffs.... :censored: :roll: :x

Poom wouldn''t have knocked it i! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

RobG

Post by RobG »

George Wood :shock: now there s a blast from the past.

I was trying to think of all,our keepers :-

Jim Furnell - the mighty Jim.
Bob Wilson
Jimmy Rimmer
Pat Jennings
The afore mentioned Woody
The one at Anfield ?
Seaman
Manninger
The one he from Ipswich ?
Manuel - certainly not the worst
Lehman
Szech
Chech

A pretty decent bunch in fairness. We have been blessed with many good ones.

:goalie: :goalie:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Sanchez back to Barcelona?

Now that's an interesting thought.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I'd take Julian Draxler now he'd be a great addition to our team or another project for AW to mismanage.

NickF

Post by NickF »

RobG wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:54 pm

Bob Wilson
Jimmy Rimmer
Pat Jennings
The one at Anfield ?
Seaman
Manninger
Lehman
Szech
Chech

:shock: :shock:

There are some good ones, but there are definately some very average ones there.

General

Post by General »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:39 am

Didn't Wenger drop Lemon for Almunia at some point, I think after the Neil Mellor goal at Anfield? Almunia managed to make simple goals look spectacular and his positioning was horrendous. Lemon was good but he was also a nut job who unsettled the back four with his childish antics. We would've won at the scum and finished off unbeaten season in style if he hadn't got involved with Robbie Keane and given away an unnecessary penalty.

Cech is finished and Ospina is a cup keeper at best so we are back to square one.

General

Post by General »

Midz wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:53 pm
I'd take Julian Draxler now he'd be a great addition to our team or another project for AW to mismanage.
We won't pay the £35m PSG paid for him and Lemar likely won't happen either. The club is likely looking for cheap alternatives now. Mad trolley dash at end of window is imminent. I'm pretty certain we will get raided for Sanchez before the window closes.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:46 am
I still cannot understand how szcezsny is good enough for Juventus but not The Arsenal??

A defeat at Anfield may trigger a couple of busy days for Dick Law before his contract expires in September.
We'll have to subsidise some of the player contracts that need to go Gibbs, Campbell, Perez, Elneny, Welbeck.
The reality is that as per every summer window I can remember we are focusing the vast majority of our efforts into selling players who offer nothing to the team but are highly difficult to get rid of because we pay them twice as much as anybody else would, rather than on making the improvements to the squad that might allow us to compete.

Gibbs is nowhere near good enough for us but we wouldn't have any problem getting rid of him in an instant if he wasn't so grossly overpaid.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

RobG wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:54 pm

Bob Wilson
Jimmy Rimmer
Pat Jennings
The one at Anfield ?
Seaman
Manninger
Lehman
Szech
Chech

"the one at Anfield?" :shock:

You mean "the one" that started the move that led to the greatest moment of all time? That "one"? :shock:

Lukic. :wink:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I think things at Arsenal are even worse than we are all posting on here. If you add the Mustafi story that said he has not got on with other players at the club that's, Sanchez, Ozil, OX, Mustafi plus all the players who have fun contracts down to one year. No team spirit this season !
He is playing Kolisniac out of position to try and please OX plus many other players out of position.
Again we have been dire in the transfer window with a net spend of 24 Million.
All this after dropping out of the Champions League last season. Something is seriously wrong because I've never seen Arsenal this messed up before.