The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
RobG

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by RobG »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:54 am
RobG wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:54 pm
George Wood :shock: now there s a blast from the past.

You mean "the one" that started the move that led to the greatest moment of all time? That "one"? :shock:

Lukic. :wink:
Yep ! That's the one :lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

General

Post by General »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:24 am
I think things at Arsenal are even worse than we are all posting on here. If you add the Mustafi story that said he has not got on with other players at the club that's, Sanchez, Ozil, OX, Mustafi plus all the players who have fun contracts down to one year. No team spirit this season !
He is playing Kolisniac out of position to try and please OX plus many other players out of position.
Again we have been dire in the transfer window with a net spend of 24 Million.
All this after dropping out of the Champions League last season. Something is seriously wrong because I've never seen Arsenal this messed up before.
For Wenger it's business as usual. In his mind he rode the worse possible storm last season and the points haul was a record for 5th place. The perception of the fans is unimportant, he's been in the job for 30years and will remind the hierarchy to trust him for the umpteenth time. The bar is low and he cannot fail. There isn't a safer haven in world football. I look forward to the day someone takes over and tells him to fuck off.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

General wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:30 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:24 am
I think things at Arsenal are even worse than we are all posting on here. If you add the Mustafi story that said he has not got on with other players at the club that's, Sanchez, Ozil, OX, Mustafi plus all the players who have fun contracts down to one year. No team spirit this season !
He is playing Kolisniac out of position to try and please OX plus many other players out of position.
Again we have been dire in the transfer window with a net spend of 24 Million.
All this after dropping out of the Champions League last season. Something is seriously wrong because I've never seen Arsenal this messed up before.
For Wenger it's business as usual. In his mind he rode the worse possible storm last season and the points haul was a record for 5th place. The perception of the fans is unimportant, he's been in the job for 30years and will remind the hierarchy to trust him for the umpteenth time. The bar is low and he cannot fail. There isn't a safer haven in world football. I look forward to the day someone takes over and tells him to fuck off.
To Wenger the fans are just a by product of the game something to be ignored and patronised at every opportunity ....

NickF

Post by NickF »

The Standard are reporting that we will sell Perez back to Deportivo for 14m.
Didn't we buy him from them for 17m?

Another gem from our financially astute manager. :banghead:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

NickF wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:14 am
The Standard are reporting that we will sell Perez back to Deportivo for 14m.
Didn't we buy him from them for 17m?

Another gem from our financially astute manager. :banghead:
Come on City, get faxing your offer over to the chaps in our purple seats and see if they stick to their 'Sanchez is not for sale' stance.
The suspense is killing me

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

If we loose Sanchez....and have no further recruits surely any AKB can see we will struggle this season

Will Wengers incompetent pig headedness be his downfall????

I doubt it as who will judge him....or make him leave?

RobG

Post by RobG »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:02 pm
If we loose Sanchez....and have no further recruits surely any AKB can see we will struggle this season

If Sanchez goes we will have real problems. But I also think that if he stays it will be under duress and the press will play upon the fact.

We now have the insane and abject situation where players we want to extend their contracts, won't. And players we want rid of, we can't give away, because of the insane wages they are on, sanctioned by Wenger.

This is what happens when one ego maniac runs amok across a Club as big as ours. The problems just pile up.

If we had a Director of Football in place from three or four years back, these contract situations would not arise. Or certainly not in the way they now have.

I really think that Wenger's arrogance, myopia and hubris will finally come to a reckoning this season. It all hinges on what happens, or doesn't happen, in the next seven days. But if we get no further signings, are stuck with the deadwood and hold onto a disinterested Sanchez against his will, this will all impact directly on the pitch, with gruesome results and performances.

And at some point the protests start up again. But with a vengeance as even those who balked at it last time, will have their patience snapped.

General

Post by General »

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
RobG wrote:

I was trying to think of all,our keepers :-

Jim Furnell - the mighty Jim.
Bob Wilson
Jimmy Rimmer
Pat Jennings
The afore mentioned Woody
The one at Anfield ?
Seaman
Manninger
The one he from Ipswich ?
Manuel - certainly not the worst
Lehman
Szech
Chech

A pretty decent bunch in fairness. We have been blessed with many good ones.

:goalie: :goalie:
"the one at Anfield?" :shock:

You mean "the one" that started the move that led to the greatest moment of all time? That "one"? :shock:

I disagree - it was Richardson, who a moment ago was down with cramp, that started the move by robbing Barnes :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Jon Toral gone to Hull. Another good young player unable to break into our midfield. Good luck to him in his career.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:02 pm

That's just it mate - They won't they are under some kind of Wengerfied Trance - They will support him till he's Brwon Bread and even then they will call for him to have a further 2 year extension to his contract.

They're all as dumb as fuckk and thrice as smelly.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

That article just shows how horrificly mis-managed the club is under Wanker. He truly has no control and no foresight. There's no plan, no idea of how to manage a squad of players or how to prepare for the future. He's a fucking ego-mad lunatic who has spent so long thinking about himself and his own agenda that he's neglected every aspect of the job. Just how this compete *word censored* can be anywhere near the club these days is a fucking disgrace and a betrayal of every real Arsenal fan.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Tbh Campbell is another player i feel sorry for, maybe not star quality but a very good squad player who has never really been given a consistent run by the old fraud. Definitely better than other options used last season in games where we needed a bit of support to the defence because he always hussled when he played and made things difficult for opposition players, maybe not the best going forward but that's not always the best option :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:33 pm
Tbh Campbell is another player i feel sorry for, maybe not star quality but a very good squad player who has never really been given a consistent run by the old fraud. Definitely better than other options used last season in games where we needed a bit of support to the defence because he always hussled when he played and made things difficult for opposition players, maybe not the best going forward but that's not always the best option :rubchin:
Agreed. Campbell was a tad erratic and inconsistent. Looked good one game, utter gash the next. But then how is a player going to get that consistency of performance if he doesn't get to actually play? Campbell never got a real run of games over a season to see if hje could develop. Who knows how good he might have become? We certainly never will. For a manager that loves to come out with shite like "We don't buy superstars, we make them" Wenger is absolutely fucking clueless in how to develop players.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:06 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
RobG wrote:

I was trying to think of all,our keepers :-

Jim Furnell - the mighty Jim.
Bob Wilson
Jimmy Rimmer
Pat Jennings
The afore mentioned Woody
The one at Anfield ?
Seaman
Manninger
The one he from Ipswich ?
Manuel - certainly not the worst
Lehman
Szech
Chech

A pretty decent bunch in fairness. We have been blessed with many good ones.

:goalie: :goalie:
"the one at Anfield?" :shock:

I disagree - it was Richardson, who a moment ago was down with cramp, that started the move by robbing Barnes :barscarf:

Fabianski