Crystal Palace (A) | PL | Mon 10 Apr 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Babu

Re: Crystal Palace (A) | PL | Mon 10 Apr 20:00

Post by Babu »

Retro Gunner wrote:
beck wrote: 54 points from 29 games has never placed you lower than 5th at this stage of the season in any season in the premier league era

United are 6th on 54 points. :proudtosay: :wink:
Liverpool are 3rd on 60 points, but have played 31 games.
If Man United ( or us ) win our 2 games in hand, then they/we will be 3rd.

THIRD!

OK, there's a couple of "ifs" and "buts", but...

..if Man City only get a point in their game in hand, or if Man United make up an 8 goal difference...

BUT for us it's simple...win our games in hand 1-0 and we are THIRD ( again, depending on Man City )

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Babu wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
beck wrote: 54 points from 29 games has never placed you lower than 5th at this stage of the season in any season in the premier league era

Liverpool are 3rd on 60 points, but have played 31 games.
If Man United ( or us ) win our 2 games in hand, then they/we will be 3rd.

THIRD!

OK, there's a couple of "ifs" and "buts", but...

..if Man City only get a point in their game in hand, or if Man United make up an 8 goal difference...

BUT for us it's simple...win our games in hand 1-0 and we are THIRD ( again, depending on Man City )
You expect us to get 6 points from 2 games in hand, yet Man CIty might only get 1 point from theirs.... :rubchin:
Have you been watching our matches ?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Allardyce - as have any managers in the prem worth their salt - has got wenger's number - and will organise to defend with a 4 and a 3, using their wingers & wing backs to break and in using the flanks will out pace ours (*) - especially on our right - which in turn will stretch our mid-field defensive player (yeah! right I knowwww) leaving plenty of space and gaping holes in front of our 2 CB's and whammmo! - they score at least 2 goals.

So unless Feo, Alexis, Oz-ill and The Ox are On Fire we could well lose this.

(*) Bellerin seems to have lost 10 yards on what he was at the start of the season - either too much pasta or wenger's special training regime!? I wonder which it could be??? :rubchin: :rubchin:

Allardyce the slug 3 - Wengers' snowflakes 2 :?

Mind you what would I know, I've only been supporting THE Arsenal for 49yrs :?

Babu

Post by Babu »

StuartL wrote:
You expect us to get 6 points from 2 games in hand, yet Man CIty might only get 1 point from theirs.... :rubchin:
Have you been watching our matches ?
I have been watching our matches.
Remember how we destroyed the mighty west ham? :barscarf:

I don't expect anything any more from this team of serial losers, I was just saying.
I don't expect ManU to get 6 either.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

xisstential wrote:
beck wrote:
beck wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Good job they are so dogshit then isn't it
Sounds like a competitive league to me
Just because I am sick to death of the excuse mongering settler that is wenger doesn't mean I will spend every waking hour in doom and gloom about the club
He ain't taking my arsenal away
You're very fortunate, he's already taken ours away.

Beck.....i was simply making the point that Utd are on 54 points and are lower than 5th. I'll take your word for it that it has never before happened in the Premier League. Don't see the relevance of the "dogshit" reference.....dogshit or not, they're sixth. I also fully expect the "dogshit" Utd to end up on top of our pile of crap.

As for taking your Arsenal away, well I'm with Xisstential on this. Your Arsenal must be very different to my Arsenal, because mine has not only been taken away, but it's fucking dead.

Still, I suppose it's all about opinions........

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

Top 4 under threat but still within reach, as we enter the final stretch. Thus expect us to go on little bit rampage against these part timers and rest of dross we face leading up to season culmination.

TOF has once again talked up the importance of finishing top 4 and the media have once again lapped it up. Be prepared to be utterly nauseated by the jizz fest when we clinch it on last day. Cue stomach churning drivel of this being among his greatest achievement ever, blah blah blah; compounded by more half-naked dressing room selfies of our pampered panzies, and the insufferable sheep going ecstatic in the stands and all over social media.

beck

Post by beck »

Retro Gunner wrote:
xisstential wrote:
beck wrote:
beck wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Just because I am sick to death of the excuse mongering settler that is wenger doesn't mean I will spend every waking hour in doom and gloom about the club

Beck.....i was simply making the point that Utd are on 54 points and are lower than 5th. I'll take your word for it that it has never before happened in the Premier League. Don't see the relevance of the "dogshit" reference.....dogshit or not, they're sixth. I also fully expect the "dogshit" Utd to end up on top of our pile of crap.

As for taking your Arsenal away, well I'm with Xisstential on this. Your Arsenal must be very different to my Arsenal, because mine has not only been taken away, but it's fucking dead.

I am very much of the opinion that 2nd is nowhere but the handwringing about how other teams could be doing gets on my nerves
Weather United finish above us is open to conjecture
But they ain't there at the moment and if them or anyone else don't
It's their failure not ours
Just like that utter bollocks about only arsenal losing the league last year
Not Man City
Not Chelsea
Not man Utd
Not Liverpool
Our failures are ours I ain't wringing my hands making excuses for others
We have a manager doing that
54 points would never have put us in 8th
I did look
That was the original point
Sadly you might be right about my/our arsenal though
It's defiance that is sounding more hollow by the season

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Expecting a 2-0 even a 3-0 win, no logic to that but really think this will be a comfortable away win.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

beck wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
xisstential wrote:
beck wrote:
beck wrote:

I am very much of the opinion that 2nd is nowhere but the handwringing about how other teams could be doing gets on my nerves
Not Man City
Not Chelsea
Not man Utd
Not Liverpool
I did look
And here we are ..business end of the season...and the Arsenal fans locked in a fierce debate whether we can scrape into Top 4. This is what Wenger has reduced us to...AND it happens every single season without fail, and when we get there it's celebrated like a trophy win.. WHO CARES...I hope we finish in 7th...I have for the past 6 years.

beck

Post by beck »

xisstential wrote:
beck wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
xisstential wrote:
beck wrote: Good job they are so dogshit then isn't it

Not Man City
Not Chelsea
Not man Utd
Not Liverpool
I did look
And here we are ..business end of the season...and the Arsenal fans locked in a fierce debate whether we can scrape into Top 4. This is what Wenger has reduced us to...AND it happens every single season without fail, and when we get there it's celebrated like a trophy win.. WHO CARES...I hope we finish in 7th...I have for the past 6 years.
It's not a fierce debate as such mate
The last 9 years have meant finishing in the top 4 means little to me as we have a manager without the tactical nous to take us into the competition
What I will keep trying to do however is fight arsenal's corner over and above other teams
For me that is something that wenger has really tried to do
Lower expectations and make excuses
There is no ceiling for the arsenal I grew up watching
Just because he gives up doesn't mean I am gonna
This club had a DNA when he arrived that I was proud of and it needs to be stressed to everyone that is the only acceptable approach for the arsenal

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

beck wrote:
xisstential wrote:
beck wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Not Man City
Not Chelsea
Not man Utd
Not Liverpool
I did look
The last 9 years have meant finishing in the top 4 means little to me as we have a manager without the tactical nous to take us into the competition
What I will keep trying to do however is fight arsenal's corner over and above other teams
This club had a DNA when he arrived that I was proud of and it needs to be stressed to everyone that is the only acceptable approach for the arsenal
You fight for Arsenal, you are fighting to secure Wengers position, simple as that. If losing means weakening his stranglehold on the club then so be it. I would accept ANYTHING, except relegation, to get rid of him.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

xisstential wrote:
beck wrote:
xisstential wrote:
beck wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Not Man City
Not Chelsea
Not man Utd
Not Liverpool
I did look
You fight for Arsenal, you are fighting to secure Wengers position, simple as that. If losing means weakening his stranglehold on the club then so be it. I would accept ANYTHING, except relegation, to get rid of him.

This is exactly my opinion. Relegation is something that none of us could accept, but I'd take 17th all day long if it meant the end of Il Duce. Sadly, I'm not at all convinced it would be. Fuck, I'm not at all convinced that relegation would be the end of him !!

Sean

Post by Sean »

phpBB [video]

:blah: :blah: :blah:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Our Snowflakes to hand out an epic beating or maybe not... fcuk knows anymore :roll:

On Xissential/Beck/Retro's discussion about Relegation being possibly the only thing to remove Wenger, i'm nowhere near convinced, i reckon you'd get the same Fans and Media saying 'He's earned the right to get us back up' or 'Arsene is the only Manager who can turn things round' ad infinitum :banghead:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

All the weekend results have gone against ToF. GOOD!!