Manchester City (N) | FA Cup SF | Sun 23 Apr 15:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Manchester City (N) | FA Cup SF | Sun 23 Apr 15:00

Post by SteveO 35 »

I can't wait to hear from John Cross tomorrow calling out all the 'morons' who are still asking for Wenger to leave

#becarefulwhatyouwishfor

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Midz wrote:You don't really need to watch the AW interview but you're gonna, aren't you?

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Not A Fcuking Chance :evil: :evil: :evil:
I Concur NOT a Fuckinn Chance. :box:

Didn't see the game, just got in from work, but reading some of the posts it sounds like we really 'fought' for the win??

I knew Alexis would score - he always does at Wemberleyyyy! :barscarf:

#WENGEROUT

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:I can't wait to hear from John Cross tomorrow calling out all the 'morons' who are still asking for Wenger to leave

#becarefulwhatyouwishfor
That sphincter licking cun.t :banghead: :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clash

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:
Don't be foolish - the scum will absolutely rip us apart at their shithole, and a hammering there will wipe the memory of a win over an average team :roll:
No way will Spurs thrash us. You are falling into the same trap that so many keep falling into by keep predicting impending doom (the one you DIDNT fall into over todays game) .

Have you not seen how Wenger's dark forces dig him out of trouble every single fucking year? Of course you have. I know you have. So I am surprised to see you say that.

We'll get at least a point at Spurs next week if not all three. Spurs wont bounce back from the SF defeat. Their momentum is gone now and their inferiority complex will kick in just in time for Wenger to exploit it.

This is all so predictable. Today was 2014 all over again.

At least 2 of our ''top 4 rivals'' will now fuck up too so everything Wenger needs to turn our the weak-minded majority of our fanbase back to supporting him will fall into place and there will be thousands of smiling faces in the crowd when he signs his new deal :banghead:

The new contract is the only doom and gloom prediciton that will become reality.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Yes! A bloody cup final! :) Absolutely delighted!

Finally something we can all look forward to at the end of a thoroughly miserable season!

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Clash wrote:
augie wrote:
Don't be foolish - the scum will absolutely rip us apart at their shithole, and a hammering there will wipe the memory of a win over an average team :roll:
No way will Spurs thrash us. You are falling into the same trap that so many keep falling into by keep predicting impending doom (the one you DIDNT fall into over todays game) .

Have you not seen how Wenger's dark forces dig him out of trouble every single fucking year? Of course you have. I know you have. So I am surprised to see you say that.

We'll get at least a point at Spurs next week if not all three. Spurs wont bounce back from the SF defeat. Their momentum is gone now and their inferiority complex will kick in just in time for Wenger to exploit it.

At least 2 of our ''top 4 rivals'' will now fuck up too so everything Wenger needs to turn our the weak-minded majority of our fanbase back to supporting him will fall into place and there will be thousands of smiling faces in the crowd when he signs his new deal :banghead:

The new contract is the only doom and gloom prediciton that will become reality.
I disagree. Last ever NLD at the swamp so they will be well up for it

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Clash wrote:
augie wrote:

I disagree... we have Leicester on Wednesday...definitely a leeetle beet jaded for that one...and then spurs...surely a leetle beet exhausted.

We will struggle against Leicester..mark my words..and spurs are fighting for the league..I see one point from a possible 6.

REB

Post by REB »

fuck spu%s and fuck chelsea, i bet them fuckers from n5 would Love to be planning a trip to wembley in may, WE ARE THE ARSENAL SO FUCK ALL THE REST :barscarf:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

g88ner wrote:Yes! A bloody cup final! :) Absolutely delighted!

Finally something we can all look forward to at the end of a thoroughly miserable season!

Ditto.

Prior to the game there were voices in my head. I never want us to lose, but I'm desperate for AW to fuck off. What to hope for???????
However, the second the game started I was all 'cup'fever' again and I was desperate from us to win. A far from convincing performance, but I'm fucking delighted!!!!!!!!
COYG!!!!!!!!!!!

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Just got back from the game, great support and a very decent performance, particularly when Welbeck came on. Doesn't change anything in my opinion, so able to enjoy it!

Liverpool losing too, not a bad day's work.

And just in time to watch the Classico, thought Sunday meant to be the day of rest, but no, because then it's highlights of Liverpool losing and afterwards a replay of this afternoon...

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

90% ecstatic, 10% shitless that a 5 year contract extension with the promise of world domination playing 3 at the back is incoming.

Thought Ox was outstanding, Gabriel had his best game in an Arsenal jersey and Holding looked extremely comfortable out there.

Helmet head dodgy as fuck as usual, Ramsey just so poor and we rode our luck to the extreme. When they hit the post with that header I knew we'd win, let's just hope our name is on it now. Will have to improve big time to beat the chavs.

Oh and fuck off City and fuck off Pep. Imagine having all that petrol money and all you can call from the bench is Fabian fucking Delph :coffeespit:

GET FUCKING IN :barscarf:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Thought the TV commentary against us was biased.

We rode our luck at times without a doubt.

My mom was Rob Holding a young player that may or may not have better days in an Arsenal shirt but looked composed,Had a great game imo.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

I am delighted we are in the final, but like others on here it chances nothing.. We need a change of manager and hopefully owner (not happening I know).. On the game itself we were dreadful in the first half, the back three were reasonable but the "wing backs" were poor positionally.. Ox enjoys the extra room to run but defensively he is a weaklink..Got very lucky on the ball that wasn't out and the penalty calls evened themselves out.
From the start of the second half we were much better, but the goal for City was a triple disaster. Ramsey. Monreal and Cech hang your fucking heads in shame..Monreal took his goal very well in contrast.
So a weekend that begun with a genuine feared that Spurs were going to reach the Cup Final and get a boost for the title run in ends with us in the final and them begining to hopefully have the self doubt creep in..

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

Brilliant day, great to catch up with so many old friends.
Tactically we were excellent.
Rode a little luck but I kept remembering throughout the second half how unlucky we were against Liverpool in 2001.
Support was fantastic. Great to hear so much support for Wenger.
:barscarf: :barscarf: