May calls for General Election 8th June 2017

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Almunia is a clown

Re: May calls for General Election 8th June 2017

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Gunner Rob wrote:whoever is going to vote for Theresa May needs sectioning.
She is a complete walking disaster
Not as if there is much of traditional "one nation" Conservatism left, McMillan & Churchill would be on the extreme left of the Tory party nowadays, with their nationalised heavy industries, transport & properly funding the NHS instead of selling off national assets to anyone who gives a Boris bung or two, usually the same cúnts who avoid their taxes. :banghead:

Corbyn, in contrast if he wins won't be able to enforce his personal far left policies anyway as the majority of his & opposition MP's would vote against in Parliament. He knows this full well & if he succeeds he will have to get the Blairite & centre wings on board in a traditional "broad church" Labour government, especially if they need cross party support.

Too many people are suffering & paying the price for austerity, with more to come, the country needs a balanced approach to get the recovery underway. The Tories don't give a shite about ordinary people's struggles. Lib Dems won't capture more than a few seats so Labour is the only choice to get rid of nutty May. :barscarf:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Just watched the latest P.E.B. by the Labour Party.
Looking at the demographic of the people who appear in it,it seems that I am no longer eligible,or welcome,to vote for them,as I am a White,English male.
So the General Election is now void for me.

Corbyn had better watch his back.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Tories are bad enough but can anyone honestly picture Diane Abbott and Corbyn chairing a Cobra Emergency Committee with their 'appeasement' views, and god forbid a coalition with Tim 'fucking no policies' Farron, this country is truly screwed with the whole bunch of politicians we have.

Bunch of self serving crunts :banghead:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Well getting rid of 20,000 police since 2010 has come back to bite May's arse :lol:

If the conservatives lose this she will be forever known as the sp*rs of politics snatching defeat from the jaws of victory :barscarf:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:36 am
Well getting rid of 20,000 police since 2010 has come back to bite May's arse :lol:

If the conservatives lose this she will be forever known as the sp*rs of politics snatching defeat from the jaws of victory :barscarf:
Whichever way you look mate, we're fucked.

:cry:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

arseofacrow wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:52 am
flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:36 am

Whichever way you look mate, we're fucked.

:cry:
Cant remember a time of such inept leadership of every party

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

With so much confusion flying around, the turnout for this election will be poor!
I do not think we will vote for the first time in our lives, all because the candidates are poor, and I am not going to waste my vote on some caaaant!....

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:23 am
With so much confusion flying around, the turnout for this election will be poor!
I do not think we will vote for the first time in our lives, all because the candidates are poor, and I am not going to waste my vote on some caaaant!....
what confusion ?

It doesnt matter who you vote for JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO.
I have more respect for Spurs supporters than non voters and they are the scum of the highest order :evil:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:06 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
what confusion ?

I have more respect for Spurs supporters than non voters and they are the scum of the highest order :evil:
Who are you to tell me what to do!
You were in nappies when I did my fighting you little fresher!
Fuck you and your respect for Spurs!...

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:09 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
what confusion ?

I'm not telling you who to vote for - just that you should vote.
the only people in this country who dont have the vote are babies and schoolkids and you sound very much like a spolit schoolkid.

You should not take democracy for granted. It shouldnt be a case of why should you vote, but why wouldnt you?!

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:29 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
what confusion ?

the only people in this country who dont have the vote are babies and schoolkids and you sound very much like a spolit schoolkid.

You should not take democracy for granted. It shouldnt be a case of why should you vote, but why wouldnt you?!
But if he does not support the views of any party standing how is not voting so bad ?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:54 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
what confusion ?

But if he does not support the views of any party standing how is not voting so bad ?
you dont have to support anyone - just make sure you turn up

http://votingcounts.org.uk/blank-voting

Herd

Post by Herd »

Voting means nothing because Democracy is an illusion to make us think we are free !
How you could hate people for that is beyond me .

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Herd wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:34 pm
Voting means nothing because Democracy is an illusion to make us think we are free !
How you could hate people for that is beyond me .
No matter who you vote for,the Government always gets in. :D
Seriously,the right NOT to vote is as an important part of democracy the right TO vote is.
I bet the voting turnout in North Korea is about 100%,just like the bad old Soviet Union days,or Arsenal board meetings.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
what confusion ?

GR, stop talking down to me please, and stop acting like a spoilt "Hooray Henry" brat!
Just voting for the sake of it is wrong, you have to believe in what you vote for, THAT is democracy, and turning up is just a meaningless charade.
You are obviously one of those clever tactical voters who follow ex cleaner Gina Miller who cannot find closure on Brexit...
My last vote was for Leave, and that gave me the greatest pleasure of all and my democratic vote ensured that Remainers were well and truly beaten....
Let's see what the next 48 hours or so bring before we decide on what to do...