May calls for General Election 8th June 2017

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Gunner Rob

Re: May calls for General Election 8th June 2017

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:34 pm
Voting means nothing because Democracy is an illusion to make us think we are free !
How you could hate people for that is beyond me .
How you could post something like that is also beyond me.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

voting labour for the first time in years, because there is literally no choice. may is a cretin

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:59 pm
voting labour for the first time in years, because there is literally no choice. may is a cretin
And Corbyn, Farron, Lucas, Wood, Nuttal and Sturgeon aren't? :wink:

I wont decide who to vote until i hit the box because quite simply they are all a bunch of self serving cretins and the way some of the parties have used the events of the last two weeks or so as political point scoring disgusts me.

I'll probably end up voting Tory because although Corbyn is more likely to do things to improve welfare i will never trust him, Abbott, McDonnell and Watson on security, defence and the economy. And for me personally those are more important.

Yes May got it wrong as home secretary but people forget that labour were no better for the 13 years prior, they didn't improve the Security, Defence, the NHS, Education or Welfare, they left the economy in the bin and a note saying 'No money left' when they were finally voted out and whether we like it or not the current state of the things we blame the Tories for was a direct result of Labour wasting money for years.

Oh and that tit wants to strengthen the unions once more, just what we need, doesn't anyone remember the 70's and 80's :roll:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
I am a Labour voter by instinct,but will probably not vote this time.
May is useless,Corbyn is well meaning but in my opinion naive when it comes to the pc cosying up to extremists,and the thought of Diane Abbott as Home Secretary is fucking scary.
Have you noticed how the Labour Party have kept her away from interviews lately,claiming she is a bit poorly. Even they have realised what a liability she is.
As for the Lib Dems,(pc United),and UKIP,a party which has descended into a crackpot free for all,no way I would vote for either.
If TUSC had been standing in my constituency I would have voted for them,but they aren't

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Too close to call. But Corbyn being a Gooner may well be the deciding factor.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:47 am
losing you mean ? :rubchin:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:47 am
I bet that he is a "Wenger In." :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:43 am
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
May is useless,Corbyn is well meaning but in my opinion naive when it comes to the pc cosying up to extremists,and the thought of Diane Abbott as Home Secretary is fucking scary.
Have you noticed how the Labour Party have kept her away from interviews lately,claiming she is a bit poorly. Even they have realised what a liability she is.
As for the Lib Dems,(pc United),and UKIP,a party which has descended into a crackpot free for all,no way I would vote for either.
If TUSC had been standing in my constituency I would have voted for them,but they aren't
so you are happy for the Tories to keep destroying the country.
Well done :roll:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:50 am
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Mate,I have been a branch secretary for a Labour Party ward,been on a constituency GMC,and even worked at Walworth Road during a General Election.I even have a photograph of me with Tony Benn during the Miners Strike. :D
I just think that none of the current candidates for running the country are credible,and think that just voting for slightly the less worse of a bad bunch is not a good enough reason to cast a vote.
Last edited by Rugby Gooner on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:57 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:50 am
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Mate,I have been a branch secretary for a Labour Party ward,been on a constituency GMC,and even worked at Walworth Road during a General Election.I even have a photograph of me with Tony Benn during the Miners Strike.
I just think that none of the current candidates for running the country are credible,and think that just voting for slightly the less worse of a bad bunch is not a good enough reason to cast a vote.
well I agree that all the candidates are CRAP but I ignore all that and focus on the policies. This isnt America where we are voting for a president.
anyone not voting is saying that they are happy with current policies - fair enough if you are ok with that.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I'll be voting Labour tomorrow, Corbyn has his flaws but the conservatives plans for the next 5 years are so harsh many people will struggle and May is has come across so bad and cowardly in this campaign she deserves to lose

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:41 am
I'll be voting Labour tomorrow, Corbyn has his flaws but the conservatives plans for the next 5 years are so harsh many people will struggle and May is has come across so bad and cowardly in this campaign she deserves to lose
we finally agree on something then! :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:12 am
flash gunner wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:41 am
we finally agree on something then! :barscarf:
At last!!! :lol:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

GR!
Don't make your mind up too soon...
Jeremy the communist has just sacked Abbot who was on her way to the TVs studios but took the call from Brother Corbyn notifying her of her dismissal from shadow Home Secretary and replaced her with another goof troop!

As if that is going to win the election...

Also Theresa has played her trump card with the promise that she will tear up human rights for terrorists, and surprise surprise your communist leader does not agree and will not back it...
Not only does he sit and break bread with loons, he stands in the way of making our country safer...

Now who do I vote for?? :rubchin:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Theresa May CUT 20,000 police officers whilst Home Secretary so no wonder the country feels a little less safe these days.
I