Manure (H) | PL | Sun 7 May 16:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GranadaJoe

Re: Manure (H) | PL | Sun 7 May 16:00

Post by GranadaJoe »

NickF wrote:Mourinho has stated that he is resting players for this game. Arsenal win and the sheeple to hail Wenger a genius again. :roll:

I think we need to wait and see. I think that if they get a good result at Vigo and feel confident about the second leg, he could well want to further humiliate AW and field a stronger team.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

GranadaJoe wrote:
NickF wrote:Mourinho has stated that he is resting players for this game. Arsenal win and the sheeple to hail Wenger a genius again. :roll:

I think we need to wait and see. I think that if they get a good result at Vigo and feel confident about the second leg, he could well want to further humiliate AW and field a stronger team.
Mourinho won't let Wenger beat him, it's an ego thing now. Remember when he took Chelsea to Anfield with a depleted side and trashed Liverpool's title challenge? He'll do what he has to, if he has an inferior team, he will park the bus and settle for a draw. He can live with a draw, we can't. Wednesday evening down at Southampton is going to be no day at the beach either.....

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Nos89 wrote:Surely, this is the best opportunity for Wenger to get one over mourinho? All the injuries, they've​ got, Europa league semi final. Failure to take advantage of this situation would indicate a complete lack of giving a damn about the club by the players. I don't care about top 4, i want a bit of pride in the club again.

he has never beaten Mourinho - even we had a decent team.
I dont give the current bunch of under performing fuckwits much chance :D
Well TBF he did beat Mourinho in the Community Shield Rob, but not in a competitive game. He did come close to beating him up, but bottled that one as well :oops:

Gotta be a draw surely, 0-0 :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

I have no doubts that this will be a home win - we might make hard work of it at times, but we will score early(ish) but fail to kill the game off until the dying minutes.

People talk about the arrogant portugese c.unt wanting to put one over on wenker again, but couldn't the opposite be true ? If you are moaninho, wouldn't you prefer to keep an outdated c.unt in a job knowing that you can resume pissing all over him next season, instead of forcing wenker t go and risk him being replaced by some modern manager who will be able to shit on moaninho from a great big height ? I suppose for him it is a win/win scenario :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:I have no doubts that this will be a home win - we might make hard work of it at times, but we will score early(ish) but fail to kill the game off until the dying minutes.

People talk about the arrogant portugese c.unt wanting to put one over on wenker again, but couldn't the opposite be true ? If you are moaninho, wouldn't you prefer to keep an outdated c.unt in a job knowing that you can resume pissing all over him next season, instead of forcing wenker t go and risk him being replaced by some modern manager who will be able to shit on moaninho from a great big height ? I suppose for him it is a win/win scenario :roll:
Do you honestly believe that Moron-hio for one minute thinks beating Wenger would see Wenger sacked? Not a chance. The cúnt said it himself that Wenger is under no pressure;

“In this country only one manager is not under pressure. He cannot achieve, and keep his job, still be the king. I say just one.”

:|

tennisgooner

Post by tennisgooner »

mind games, mourinho will pick a strong team.

Sean

Post by Sean »

phpBB [video]

:blah: :blah: :blah:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Sean wrote:
phpBB [video]

:blah: :blah: :blah:

Blah, blah, blah indeed. I never listen to these interviews, hearing his inane, nonsensical bollocks makes my nut feel like exploding !! I thought I'd try listening to this one, but I wasn't tough enough to endure more than 4 minutes before giving up.

You know, it occurred to me while listening, that for all his lies and spin, his egomaniacal behaviour, and all the other faults we cane him about, there is perhaps one indictment more damning than any.....it hit me that I have absolutely no respect for the man. None. The last vestiges of respect evaporated years ago for me and whenever I see his skinny, haggard, parsimonious looking face, all I get is an immediate sensation of contempt. The man is a power mad, self-seeking parasite.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Maureen is a master tactician. Wenger thinks tactics are those mints that come in a little plastic box.

We will lose this match. Our beloved club will continue to look ever more stupid.

Normally I'm a "my glass is half full" man. :D

RobG

Post by RobG »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:I have no doubts that this will be a home win - we might make hard work of it at times, but we will score early(ish) but fail to kill the game off until the dying minutes.

Do you honestly believe that Moron-hio for one minute thinks beating Wenger would see Wenger sacked? Not a chance. The cúnt said it himself that Wenger is under no pressure;

“In this country only one manager is not under pressure. He cannot achieve, and keep his job, still be the king. I say just one.”

I can see augie's point. But I can also see what DB10 is saying.

This is hard to call :rubchin:

I am slightly inclined to reckon Mourinho won't hold back. His pride won't allow it. He will put out the team he thinks can win this.

God alone knows what Arsenal side will turn up ? I don't think they know in the Arsenal dressing Room and this is the crux of the problem. The players don't know. Wenger doesn't know. It's football by lucky dip - :?: :?:

General

Post by General »

RobG wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I can see augie's point. But I can also see what DB10 is saying.

This is hard to call :rubchin:

I am slightly inclined to reckon Mourinho won't hold back. His pride won't allow it. He will put out the team he thinks can win this.

God alone knows what Arsenal side will turn up ? I don't think they know in the Arsenal dressing Room and this is the crux of the problem. The players don't know. Wenger doesn't know. It's football by lucky dip - :?: :?:
Come on people, Mourinho is not going to gift Wenga a win in some warped attempt to keep him in the job. It's all about winning for him. United took a near depleted team to Chelsea in the FA cup after playing a few days prior and gave them a tough match despite going down to 10men. Also don't forget United haven't lost for months and he'd want to keep the run going. He will get at least a draw here and will once again expose Wenka for his tactical ineptness. I won't be watching.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

The way we are playing, without a set of decent strikers, It wouldn't matter if he did put out a reserve side, I still don't think we will score/win. A 0-0 draw is on the cards. Looking at the players they had on the bench against Celta V they will have a strong enough side anyway. 7th here we come. :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tbh even with the filth resting players I would not put money on us to win... :|
We couldn't beat them under Moyes when the fielded McNair and Blackett in their defence FFS :banghead:

I know I keep harping back to that defeat to them last year but it was such a disgrace it still boils my piss.

We'd just beaten Leicester with that last second Welbeck header, had all the momentum in the race for the title and went up against a united team on its knees under LVG.

And we lost........to this absolute rabble -

De Gea, Varela, Carrick, Blind, Rojo, Schneiderlin, Herrera, Mata, Depay , Lingard, Rashford.

I mean look at that for a dross line up :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

And people think it matters what team they put out on Sunday :roll:
United have been utterly shite for the past 3-4 years and still Shit For Brains couldn't produce a team to lay a glove on them. The 1-0 reverse against Moyes's hapless bunch of losers, was no different to the defeat to Van Gaal's muppets last season and quite frankly the disgraceful performance up there earlier this season which should have seen us 4-0 down before the Lamppost managed to steal a point that would have made the most prolific thief proud.

With a 1-0 away win in the bag from last night I doubt Maureen will feel the need now to play an entire Stiffs XI but even if he did Shit For Brains's limpdicks are so paralysed by fear that they would struggle to cross the half way line

0-0 coming up

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

I worry that these predictions are artificially optimistic (which, perversely, means that we are more likely to win than people are suggesting).

Mourinho deals in trophies, and this one comes with the bonus of guaranteed Champions' League qualification. Yes, he loves swatting Wenger but he is single-minded enough to put that aside just for once given the need to preserve bodies and guard against even more injuries. I am sure he is professional enough to put his personal vanity aside. Besides, as with all of our rivals, it is in United's interest to do all they can to prop him up for as long as possible to ensure that we aren't in a position to compete with them.

Sorry, but I predict 2-0 to Arsenal.

General

Post by General »

Bob Bayliss wrote:I worry that these predictions are artificially optimistic (which, perversely, means that we are more likely to win than people are suggesting).

Mourinho deals in trophies, and this one comes with the bonus of guaranteed Champions' League qualification. Yes, he loves swatting Wenger but he is single-minded enough to put that aside just for once given the need to preserve bodies and guard against even more injuries. I am sure he is professional enough to put his personal vanity aside. Besides, as with all of our rivals, it is in United's interest to do all they can to prop him up for as long as possible to ensure that we aren't in a position to compete with them.

Sorry, but I predict 2-0 to Arsenal.
That's a bold prediction no pun intended, considering we had to rely on a deflected goal to see off a limp Leicester team and didn't have a shot on target in the second half against Tottenham. It doesn't matter what team Maureen picks, they'll be up for it.