Everton (H) | PL | Sun 21 May 15:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
M3Gooner

Re: Everton (H) | PL | Sun 21 May 15:00

Post by M3Gooner »

Oh dear I'm going to be away on holiday in Italy for this one.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

M3Gooner wrote:Oh dear I'm going to be away on holiday in Italy for this one.
Ze fans of some clubs are in holiday mode already...
First time ever I have put Arsenal down for a defeat on super six.. 0-1 with players jaded after Sunderland while Everton had nine days to prepare...we were physically a little short...It wouldn't surprise me if a clearly struggling Sanchez plays 90 minutes and ends up doubtful for the Cup Final

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

I think it would be more appropriate to fail to qualify for the Be All League by an Arsenal failure rather than a Liverpool win ( or Middlesbrough failing to do their job as Arsene would call it).

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
g88ner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Wenger's last ever home game....we fucking made it :barscarf:
Really hope you're right Rodders!

I was at his first ever game away at Blackburn so I'll be attending the Everton game hoping I've also seen his long overdue last league game!

Come on Arsene, claim top 4, win the FA Cup and please leave on a high!

g88ner....I've been reading this forum for a few years and I've had you down as a fairly lukewarm "Wenger Out", although you seem to agree that it's time for a change. I've also concluded that you're an intelligent and articulate bloke.

Now the rub.....do you honestly believe that if he got top 4 and won the Cup, that he would leave ?? I don't want to be offensive (although i suppose it's somewhat unavoidable with what I'm going to say), but there's a huge difference between intelligence and intuition / insight and I'm amazed (although you are far from alone) that a bright guy could believe he would leave. Every shred of evidence about the character of the sociopathic, egotistical, megalomaniac that is Arsene Wenger, tells anyone with even a modicum of intuition, that he wouldn't walk away if he got us relegated, let alone if he had a little success with which to justify another 300 years at the helm.

Like I said, I'm not wishing to be offensive, it just never ceases to amaze me that people can't see this man for what he is and how he behaves. Sadly, there are huge numbers (probably still a majority) that see things your way.

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

:rubchin:

Watch out g88ner someone's trying to groom you. :lol: :wink: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

M3Gooner wrote:Oh dear I'm going to be away on holiday in Italy for this one.
Along with most of our team. :?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

g88ner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
g88ner wrote:
Really hope you're right Rodders!

I was at his first ever game away at Blackburn so I'll be attending the Everton game hoping I've also seen his long overdue last league game!

Come on Arsene, claim top 4, win the FA Cup and please leave on a high!

g88ner....I've been reading this forum for a few years and I've had you down as a fairly lukewarm "Wenger Out", although you seem to agree that it's time for a change. I've also concluded that you're an intelligent and articulate bloke.

Now the rub.....do you honestly believe that if he got top 4 and won the Cup, that he would leave ?? I don't want to be offensive (although i suppose it's somewhat unavoidable with what I'm going to say), but there's a huge difference between intelligence and intuition / insight and I'm amazed (although you are far from alone) that a bright guy could believe he would leave. Every shred of evidence about the character of the sociopathic, egotistical, megalomaniac that is Arsene Wenger, tells anyone with even a modicum of intuition, that he wouldn't walk away if he got us relegated, let alone if he had a little success with which to justify another 300 years at the helm.

Like I said, I'm not wishing to be offensive, it just never ceases to amaze me that people can't see this man for what he is and how he behaves. Sadly, there are huge numbers (probably still a majority) that see things your way.
No offence taken mate! It was wishful thinking Retro :( I'm afraid I have zero confidence in the man walking away regardless of how our season ends in the coming fortnight. It would be great if he used the FA Cup as a final goodbye but he had that same opportunity against Hull a few years back and took the selfish decision to sign a new contract even though it was clearly wrong for the club :(

Wenger has to go; there's no other logical option at this point. I still hope he will but can't say I'm confident at all.

Fair enough g88ner. And you're right, there is no logical option.

Herd

Post by Herd »

He must not play Sanchez or anyone else with even the slightest fitness concern fitness doubt for this game but I simply don't trust him to make the decision .

He will go balls in, players will be injured and we still wont get into the CL and will then have a depleted side for the Chelsea game.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Herd wrote:He must not play Sanchez or anyone else with even the slightest fitness concern fitness doubt for this game but I simply don't trust him to make the decision .

He will go balls in, players will be injured and we still wont get into the CL and will then have a depleted side for the Chelsea game.
Herd, this is his season, right here, maybe even his future. As much as he is trying to downplay CL qualification, the 20 years on the bounce is his greatest achievement, his legacy even, he misses out he is going to be gutted.. This, if other teams do his job for him, is doable, the FA cup probably isn't. I think if you offered him a choice it would be CL qualification, so it will be balls to the wall for this.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm afraid you are right X ,and it's pure vanity on his part ,he cannot help but do it !

I'm torn now, the thought of him smugging everyone off if he claimed 4th fills me with nausea !

Midz

Post by Midz »

http://www.givemesport.com/1056385-why- ... utoplay=on

"Traditionally, Sky Sports have been known to televise as many as three games live on the final day so fans up and down the country can easily keep up to date with the major stories as they develop during each match.
However, that will not be the case this year, as only two games are being shown.

Arsenal fans would have probably already noticed but their clash with Everton has missed the cut for Sky's coverage.
Liverpool vs Middlesborough and Watford vs Manchester City are the games picked even though Arsene Wenger's side are the only team who can disrupt the current standings.

So why aren't Sky showing the Gunners' last game of the season as well?

As per The Telegraph, it turns out the television company have used up all of its allocation of 126 live matches this season.
After deciding to show 10 games over the last seven days, Sky have left themselves short-handed for the final day and can only provide coverage for two more.

They were understandably eager to capture the closing stages of what little title race we did see, therefore many of Chelsea and Tottenham's matches over the last couple of months have been covered.
Admittedly, the chances of Arsenal qualifying for the Champions League next season remain slim but you would have thought Sky would have prepared for every eventuality when planning their schedule.

If the Gunners do upset the odds and somehow finish in the top four come 5pm on Sunday, you can guarantee there will be plenty of Arsenal supporters venting their anger at Sky."

augie

Post by augie »

I'm with you buddy :high5: :sunshine_happy:

I also agree with xisstential when he says that this is wenger's big game and he will pick his team accordingly, but when he still ends up in 5th, his world will fall apart :barscarf:

I'm not expecting to beat the chavs so because of that can I say this .......... I hope that he plays sanchez and kos in this meaningless game, and then feel the wrath of the fans when both go off injured and miss the cup final 8) Can you imagine the uproar that would create if he prioritized (for selfish reasons) finishing 4th above the cup final ? :box:

As for the game itself I expect a 2-2 draw - sanchez will of course score in his last league game for us, while lukaku and barkley score their last everton goals ahead of their summer moves

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Midz wrote:http://www.givemesport.com/1056385-why- ... utoplay=on

"Traditionally, Sky Sports have been known to televise as many as three games live on the final day so fans up and down the country can easily keep up to date with the major stories as they develop during each match.
However, that will not be the case this year, as only two games are being shown.

Arsenal fans would have probably already noticed but their clash with Everton has missed the cut for Sky's coverage.
Liverpool vs Middlesborough and Watford vs Manchester City are the games picked even though Arsene Wenger's side are the only team who can disrupt the current standings.

As per The Telegraph, it turns out the television company have used up all of its allocation of 126 live matches this season.
After deciding to show 10 games over the last seven days, Sky have left themselves short-handed for the final day and can only provide coverage for two more.

They were understandably eager to capture the closing stages of what little title race we did see, therefore many of Chelsea and Tottenham's matches over the last couple of months have been covered.
Admittedly, the chances of Arsenal qualifying for the Champions League next season remain slim but you would have thought Sky would have prepared for every eventuality when planning their schedule.

If the Gunners do upset the odds and somehow finish in the top four come 5pm on Sunday, you can guarantee there will be plenty of Arsenal supporters venting their anger at Sky."

Couldnt care less about watching it

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Midz wrote:http://www.givemesport.com/1056385-why- ... utoplay=on

If the Gunners do upset the odds and somehow finish in the top four come 5pm on Sunday, you can guarantee there will be plenty of Arsenal supporters venting their anger at Sky
."
I'll be venting my anger at Liverpool, not Sky.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm not watching it but the old Herd are having a drink after so I'l turn up for that .
Problem is with some of the old boys is that after a few hours someone always spikes someones drip and the next thing you know
their chucking their colostomy bags around like plastic chairs ! :barscarf: :barscarf:

Sean

Post by Sean »

Another pile of shit dead rubber game :roll: Hope Koeman's lot ragdoll those pansies disgracing our shirt. Fuck the VT :barscarf:

If The Old Fraud 'blesses' us with his presence next season, I hope we have matchday six in Kazakhstan and play all our Europa games east of fucking Volgograd. He'll need two sleeping bag coats, the cúnt :censored: