Chelsea (N) | FA CUP FINAL | Sat 27 May 2017 | 17:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Chelsea (N) | FA CUP FINAL | Sat 27 May 2017 | 17:30

Post by SteveO 35 »

There will be no Wembley miracle, just as there were no miracles at Anfield or Vicarage Road yesterday

I'm afraid Shit for Brains luck has well and truly run dry after a decade of scraping by. Just like the Wigans and Sunderlands of this world (and back in the day Luton Town and Coventry) you can scrape by on the bare minimum for a few years but eventually the luck runs out one way or another and this is truly this year. The injuries and suspensions picked up at the weekend was the final sign that the luck has gone - Alexis playing on one leg (if at all) and the two first choice centre backs out........it all adds up to an ass whipping

So here is where we see Stan's true credentials. It has often been said he is doing nothing wrong from a business perspective by rewarding Wenger with new contracts as he always gets him top 4 and a return on that investment. Well last year he spunked almost £80m on shit signings not to mention the contract extensions he gave to shite like Mertesacker, and there will be no Be All and End All honeypot next year......so what will the excuse be for him if he offers Shit For Brains another extension against this backdrop?

5-1 to Chelsea. Its going to be an absolute drubbing played out in 'special circumstances'. You lot with the banners are to blame of course.......how can poor old Diddums be expected to deliver glory against that eh?

augie

Post by augie »

If the chavs want to give us a dicking then they will hammer us by 3 or 4 goals - if they are satisfied to win the game and then just drop down into second gear, then they will do so and in a lot of ways that will look much worse on wenker.
There is a huge difference in this game and the citeeh game - we always had a chance against citeeh cos of their inconsistantcies and shit defence, but the chavs are a powerful army that will intimidate our pussies, and will wear them down and scare them too.
I think that the chav support could play a big part in whether we get a battering or not - if they start calling for wenker to stay (which they are certain to do), then it might drive their players on even when the game is won, but it will also demoralize our players for sure

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Herd wrote:BFG and Holding at the back .oooooooooooo ! Cant wait !
Feel sorry for Holding, he has showed up well recently but the probable battering of Arsenal on Saturday could scar him for years..Another sacrificial lamb on Arsene's high alter..

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Even if Cech had actually magicked up 15 points each season as it was suggested he might, we still wouldn't have finished above this lot!

Herd

Post by Herd »

I just had a look , you can still buy tickets this am ,they haven't sold out for the final !

shu

Post by shu »

xisstential wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Don't think we will get thumped. Think we will be overpowered and well-beaten - basically like nearly every trip to Stamford bridge in the last decade - but probably 2 goals in it.

Hands up who thinks Ozil is going to have a stormer......
What's the tally thus far??? :shock: :lol: :shock:
Hold on I got ripped to bits for questioning Ozil in big games. Well if we are going down I hope it is enough of a drubbing to shift wenker

I have just had two AKB here at work saying Thursday footy will be good and things are not that bad , ffs :banghead:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

shu wrote:
xisstential wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Don't think we will get thumped. Think we will be overpowered and well-beaten - basically like nearly every trip to Stamford bridge in the last decade - but probably 2 goals in it.

Hold on I got ripped to bits for questioning Ozil in big games. Well if we are going down I hope it is enough of a drubbing to shift wenker

I have just had two AKB here at work saying Thursday footy will be good and things are not that bad , ffs :banghead:
An excuse to go home early ...don't some of those games kick off at around 5ish?? 5pm in some bitterly cold, far flung hell hole....Talk about special circumstances :shock: :shock: :shock:

I can't wait..... Followed up by a 12.30 pm Sunday K.O against Huddersfield away...with the players only getting back from their 32 hour flight early Saturday morning. More special circumstances. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

It would almost seem unfair if Wenger missed it.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

anyone who has a ticket for this...

all you need to do is sing "Kroenke get out of our club" all afternoon
he will be there and watching.

pointless to sing it yesterday as he wouldnt have been watching

markyp

Post by markyp »

Bradywasking wrote:I genuinely believe that this is going to be the most embarrassing day in Arsenal's history...I know about the 8-2 etc but this is The Cup Final and Chelsea must be lacking their lips..It doesn't bear thinking about..Im going for a conservative 3-0 to Chelsea..
this,but im going for a 5-2, 6-2 kind of scoreline

Herd

Post by Herd »

THERE ARE LOADS OF TICKETS STILL FOR SALE SOME BLOCKS HAVE GREEN ON THEM IN THE 500'S SOME ARE BEHIND THE GOAL SINGLES ONLY ! IVE JUST BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE ON BEHALF OF A FRIEND ONLINE !

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I have slightly more faith with Holding, Mustafi and Monreal as the back 3 than Koscielny, Gabriel and Mertesacker. Is Chambers available?
Coquelin should not start.
Front 3 Ozil, Sanchez and Walcott (Chamberlain if fit). Bellerin, Gibbs, Ramsey and Xhaka as midfield 4.
Hope we play like Wimbledon in 1988 final. Very rarely do the team going into the final as champions fuck up a double.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:I have slightly more faith with Holding, Mustafi and Monreal as the back 3 than Koscielny, Gabriel and Mertesacker. Is Chambers available?
Front 3 Ozil, Sanchez and Walcott (Chamberlain if fit). Bellerin, Gibbs, Ramsey and Xhaka as midfield 4.
Hope we play like Wimbledon in 1988 final. Very rarely do the team going into the final as champions fuck up a double.
Xhaka is a yellow/red card waiting to happen,especially in a highly charged game like a final.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:I have slightly more faith with Holding, Mustafi and Monreal as the back 3 than Koscielny, Gabriel and Mertesacker. Is Chambers available?
Xhaka is a yellow/red card waiting to happen,especially in a highly charged game like a final.
definitely,and that will give wenger yet another excuse as to why we got brown holed

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I'm having a BBQ at Chez SteveO for this one

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Several gin and tonics and if the weather's nice I'll stay out in the garden from 5.30 onwards too :D

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

xisstential wrote:

db10, come on now, time to step forward :barscarf: :wink: