Bournemouth home thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Bournemouth home thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:16 pm
xisstential wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:49 am
Yes, it's a tangled web for sure. As I said, I'm living more in hope than expectation. There is an important aspect to support your view and that is the only players that would likely rebel, would be those that genuinely were top quality and felt that they, indeed, could command the same, or even better terms elsewhere. Other than Sanchez (Ozil is a complete enigma), no one falls into that category. The days of Cesc, Nasri, RVP etc leaving for reasons of ambition / money, have long passed.

We may or may not be at a turning point, it's becoming difficult to assess. The next couple of months will tell us a lot.

That is why, like it or not, you have to admire what The Ox did. He saw an opportunity, a risk even, to go somewhere and better himself and he took it. Compare that to Giroud who "decided to stay & fight for his place". No he didn't, he stayed where it was comfortable...good money, low expectations, living in London....

And is Ozil so much of an enigma?? His career has stagnated under Wenger, gone backward actually, but nobody came in for him.. Had somebody decent, he might have also left. He would do well, for the sake of his career, to leave. Nobody improves at the Emirates.

Getting back to Giroud, that was more wishy, washyness from Wenger. Earmark who you want out and get shot of them. Not at AFC apparently...we make vague mentions of it then let the player decide if he wants to go, where he wants to go and how much he wants to earn. And if their demands aren't met, Oh ok, you can stay.

What a mess we're... this is what happens when ONE man is in charge of EVERYTHING. You want to say to Wenger, stick to what you're good at... but what is that exactly???

I agree with all of that, but just to clarify my description of Ozil as an enigma. I was talking about truly top quality players at the Club and for me, that's why he's an enigma. He has top quality technical ability and vision and can back that up by boasting a very successful playing career. However, there's something missing and it's become more apparent than ever since he joined The Arsenal. He's the very definition of a luxury player and with the right players around him, has the ability to be devastating. At our Club, the last thing he has around him is the "right" players.

It was, indeed, noticeable that no other clubs were sniffing around him during the window and I suspect that's a lot to do with him and his agent, as well as his patchy (at best) form. It's only my opinion, but I suspect that he's perfectly happy to free wheel through his final year and then pick up a big signing on fee and that lack of character and ambition, is a crucial part of what is "missing" in the overall package.
I think that is a very accurate description of Ozil. He is the ultimate luxury player. Superbly talented and when everything is just right he is on a different level. But too often everything is not just right and he disappears. Also it's fair to say he has no real fire in his belly. His skill and ability make up for that to some extent but when you are 2-0 down and scrapping it out he is not the guy to have on the pitch.

I've always said it, if Wenger can't figure out the best system to get the best from a creator like Ozil we may as well get rid of Ozil and save his wage. In an ideal world Wenger fucks off and a pragmatic intelligent manager comes in and builds a team around Sanchez and Ozil. Never will happen of course... :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Any manager worth their salt would know how to utilise Ozil...have him in mid-field ...where he is given the ball and makes all the plays happen...if we had such a manager - he could have worked more than just a few occasions of Footballing Magic with the likes of Alexis and Perez(*) up-front...instead of Welbeck (Native American Indian name: "He who runs around a lot but misses lots of chances")

I think Perez could have been a genuine 'fox in the box' had he been given the opportunity to prove him-self by wengercuntslop.

augie

Post by augie »

If someone told me a year ago that 3 days before the Bournemouth game we would already have 9 pages on the match thread, I would have pissed myself laughing at them :lol:

This wont just be a home win, it will be an easy one sided home win - coquelin will be picked instead of ramsey (and he will be heralded again as world class :roll: ), and the balance to the team will look better and wenker will be lauded for his tactical acumen :roll:

3-1 or 4-1 to the arse

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

A comfortable 3-0 win.
Really confident about this one.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

LaughingGooner wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:28 pm
A comfortable 3-0 win.
Yes me too hope he keeps the same team as played at Anfield....cannot wait...Up the Gunners!!!!!

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:56 pm
LaughingGooner wrote:
A comfortable 3-0 win.
Yes me too hope he keeps the same team as played at Anfield....cannot wait...Up the Gunners!!!!!
Yeah I would have put my mortgage on us beating Swansea at home I was that confident,

look how that panned out...... :oops:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

LaughingGooner wrote:
A comfortable 3-0 win.
Yeah - cos after all it's only Bournemouth. And Arsenal never slip up against these annoying little teams do we ???? They should know their place - just turn up and let us weave our pretty patterns.

And a 3-0 win will make everything alright again :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:03 pm
LaughingGooner wrote:
A comfortable 3-0 win.
Yeah - cos after all it's only Bournemouth. And Arsenal never slip up against these annoying little teams do we ???? They should know their place - just turn up and let us weave our pretty patterns.

And a 3-0 win will make everything alright again :lol:
everything will be forgotten by our fickle fan base, no wonder Wenger is so condescending towards them....UP the Gunners!!!!

General

Post by General »

LaughingGooner wrote:
A comfortable 3-0 win.
It would be anything but comfortable. Bournemouth will score on the break within first 10mins after we we've gone strolling in their half with usual reckless abandon. We will rally and level before half time. We will concede straight after half time as they've been downing Wenger juice during the break and browsing their social media accounts. Giroud will be thrown on and we will knick another equaliser with 10mins to go. Plenty huff and puff but no winner.
2-2 and great show of mental strength to come back. It's always a leetle bit difficult after the international break. We were leetle bit jaded and some of them didn't arrive till Thursday. You can tell us well Bournemouth were very organised and played on the counter attack. We want to focus on the next game and try to come back stronger. I have beeleaf in my players and they are leetle bit disappointed. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yup! We will most likely win this, not because we are That Good or that Bournemouth are that poor, but it is part of the Groundhog pattern we have now been witnessing for the past 10 seasons, and under a consistent underachieving, overrated fraudster like wenger, everything else keeps going in ever depressing cycles of the crash and burn in the prem...finishing far behind the winners, crashing out of the League Cup and the Chumps League with all the same inane lying excuses, so why should this season, this game be any different....

I hope it IS different and that Bournemouth do win and that wenger is made to squirm and get all spikey in the post maych interviews.

I do NOT want Arsenal FC to ever be the losers BUT it seems the only way that the cuntting liar that is wenger can be made to suffer then so be it. And that makes me sad. This is what he has done to many thousands of Arsenal FC Fans who have followed and supported the team & club since child-hood.

I try to reconcile to myself that my'Club' is gone and to just walk-away...But always there is the tiniest, tiniest spark of hope that it will all come good again when he, and then wiggy are gone...but seems so far into the future that some of us long-time supporters may not get to see that Glorious Day. I hope so, I truly hope so...maybe if something were to happen to either / both of them to shift it all back to some sort of recognisable semblance in our favour I wouldn't shed a tear. And THAT I never thought to feel, think or say. :oops: :cry:

Up The Cherries fuckoff wengercunt :evil:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

I think you can sum Arsenal up these days thus:

Beat s**t teams 8/10 times
Lose to good teams 9/10 times

:banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

LaughingGooner wrote:
A comfortable 3-0 win.
Yes, but You have confidence in Wenger, so what more is there to say.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I remember before the Stoke game somebody posted on here that it isn't the Stoke of 3/4 years ago, if this game was mid winter it would be a different story....but a nice summer evening against a crap Stoke team....easy win for The Arsenal.

If we had scored 3 goals and they hadn't scored at all he would have been bang on.

We are dogshite... when are people going to realise it. And Bournemouth are fighting for their lives, VERY few teams these days roll over as easily as we do.

I foresee a grinding, narrow win...or a draw.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:08 am
I remember before the Stoke game somebody posted on here that it isn't the Stoke of 3/4 years ago, if this game was mid winter it would be a different story....but a nice summer evening against a crap Stoke team....easy win for The Arsenal.

If we had scored 3 goals and they hadn't scored at all he would have been bang on.

We are dogshite... when are people going to realise it. And Bournemouth are fighting for their lives, VERY few teams these days roll over as easily as we do.

I foresee a grinding, narrow win...or a draw.
Exactly i keep saying it but without Sanchez this is a very weak team/Squad he has assembled......piss poor in fact

Monreal saying today the aim is to win the title... :coffeespit:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Apparently Gazidis is having a meeting with a number of "influential fans" prior to the Bournemouth game including AST......

more bullshit and smokescreen no doubt....