CHELSEA AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
General

Re: CHELSEA AWAY THREAD

Post by General »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:41 am
General wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:22 am
NickF wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:38 am
xisstential wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:32 am

And I think he wants to prove EVERYBODY wrong, he wants to win the CL, win the PL and I think he will keep on & on trying. He's not capable, I believe that with all my heart...but he won't stop trying. I think in 3 or 4 years we will be a mid table club and this man will sound like a complete madman to anybody who actually weighs up his insane utterances.
Totally agree.
Some of the stuff he says in the press conferences, he already sounds like a madman.
He is like the punch drunk boxer who still thinks he can win the world title when really he needs to be saved from himself.
Does Wenger really want to win the CL and PL?

I think he wants to win but not at any cost and PV4 confirmed this after working with Mourinho.

Wenger is a very calculated fellow and this is often underestimated. Just as it looked like we are going to be one of the biggest spenders for the second season in a row, he pulls the plug on the Lemar transfer and we are suddenly in profit. He then goes to the press conference and the first thing he says is that we are in good financial health before talking about football. It’s a clear subliminal message to Kroenke which he knows strengthens his hand.
I've always believed there is something else in there as well. I think deep down, deep, deep down, he knows he is not capable.... so to spend 200m and then still fail...how is that going to look??

So now he is in the black, he can and will, spin Lacazettes cost into irrelevance, it will be spun that he hasn't spent anything, because on paper, he hasn't. So when one of the Manc clubs win the league he can say...Errr...well loook they have spent :blah: :blah: :blah:

He is not only a master manipulator, he is a complete coward as well.

If he was handed the entire Real Madrid squad at the start of the PL season, he still wouldn't win the title, he wouldn't even mount a serious challenge. Maybe Top 4, not because of him, rather in spite of him.
If he can bullshit his way out of press conferences with this nonsense about financial health, just imagine what Mr 30years is telling them in the boardroom. I'd imagine in a room full of coaches, he will talk about anything but football.

I do believe in the austerity years, Wenger took it one step further and the whole thing became a bit of an obsession. He suddenly finds himself in a situation where the purse strings are relaxed and he doesn't know what to do.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Coming back to the game...I think we will need to go back to 4 at the back, Ramsey & Xakha will need to keep it tight in the midfield, close them down quickly, not allow them any..... :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:46 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:43 am
xisstential wrote:
General wrote:
NickF wrote:

Totally agree.
Some of the stuff he says in the press conferences, he already sounds like a madman.
He is like the punch drunk boxer who still thinks he can win the world title when really he needs to be saved from himself.

I think he wants to win but not at any cost and PV4 confirmed this after working with Mourinho.

Wenger is a very calculated fellow and this is often underestimated. Just as it looked like we are going to be one of the biggest spenders for the second season in a row, he pulls the plug on the Lemar transfer and we are suddenly in profit. He then goes to the press conference and the first thing he says is that we are in good financial health before talking about football. It’s a clear subliminal message to Kroenke which he knows strengthens his hand.
I've always believed there is something else in there as well. I think deep down, deep, deep down, he knows he is not capable.... so to spend 200m and then still fail...how is that going to look??

So now he is in the black, he can and will, spin Lacazettes cost into irrelevance, it will be spun that he hasn't spent anything, because on paper, he hasn't. So when one of the Manc clubs win the league he can say...Errr...well loook they have spent :blah: :blah: :blah:

He is not only a master bater, he is a complete coward as well.

If he was handed the entire Real Madrid squad at the start of the PL season, he still wouldn't win the title, he wouldn't even mount a serious challenge. Maybe Top 4, not because of him, rather in spite of him.

Wax On

Wax Off

Wax On

Wax Off

Wax On

Wax Off

Wax On

Wax Off

Wax On

Wax Off
:lol:
Alright mate - time to drop that shit. :box: :wink:
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:49 pm
REB wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:01 pm
up next, would be happy with a point as i think the chavs will be out for revenge for the two defeats at wembley. #UTA
You think a point would keep us off daddy's back do you?? Fuck me!!

Happy with a point.... My God what we've been reduced to... another 2 more years of this *word censored* and you and your mates will be saying if we can lose by less than 3 goals, I'll be happy.

Hey, don't knock it.....I'm already happy with that !! TO1AW :barscarf:

:lol: :wink:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Sean wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:50 pm
There's a Europa tie up first :lol:

Chelsea will surely give us the reaming they should have done in the FA Cup final. Hopefully this will keep the fire under TOF burning.

Much banter will be had at work the next day :oops:
Did we watch the same game??
I want Wenger out as well but credit where its due. We were well worth the win in the Cup Final. One of the few times we have looked like a really good side.
As for this weekend, i agree we will get the hiding that is probably coming again

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I think he meant should have done as in what was expected pre game as opposed to should have done on the basis of what unfolded during the game.

8)

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I think we've turned a corner after the Bournemouth game, so I'm going for a close fought slight loss, with very little between the teams

5-0 :?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I have a feeling we might just be up for this. I think we are gonna come flying out of the blocks, catch them off guard but then fall away badly in the final 86 minutes due to legginess and fateeg from our Cologne excursions..

6-1

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

SPARKSY wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:16 pm
Sean wrote:

Chelsea will surely give us the reaming they should have done in the FA Cup final. Hopefully this will keep the fire under TOF burning.

I want Wenger out as well but credit where its due. We were well worth the win in the Cup Final. One of the few times we have looked like a really good side.
As for this weekend, i agree we will get the hiding that is probably coming again

Every time we play the Chavs we're predicted to get a pasting however, and I don't know how, three of the last four times we met them, we played them off the park.
I want AW to go, but I can't wish us to lose to the bluescum.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:43 pm
Coming back to the game...I think we will need to go back to 4 at the back, Ramsey & Xakha will need to keep it tight in the midfield, close them down quickly, not allow them any..... :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

Why? I mean what is the point, we are gonna get Raped...you know smashed up the dirt box by those chav boy molesting barstewards.

Sean

Post by Sean »

SPARKSY wrote:
Sean wrote:

I meant that the Chavs didn't turn up. We were great though 8)

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:53 pm
I think he meant should have done as in what was expected pre game as opposed to should have done on the basis of what unfolded during the game.

8)
Yes, that 8)

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

xisstential wrote:
General wrote:
NickF wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:32 am

And I think he wants to prove EVERYBODY wrong, he wants to win the CL, win the PL and I think he will keep on & on trying. He's not capable, I believe that with all my heart...but he won't stop trying. I think in 3 or 4 years we will be a mid table club and this man will sound like a complete madman to anybody who actually weighs up his insane utterances.
Totally agree.

He is not only a master manipulator, he is a complete coward as well.

This is exactly right, I've been banging this drum for years. The man is an utter coward. We all know that he doesn't buy big name, expensive star players, because he can't manage big egos (other than his own), but the biggest reason is that to do so, would make him accountable.

Our moronic fans still trot out the old lie that we can't compete financially, choosing to ignore the money spent over the last 5 years, the fact that gazidis told us that we CAN compete financially AND the small matter of the scousers and the scum hitting harder than us on far less resource. They are happy to swallow the myth and Wenger doesn't want to jeopardise the comfy fallacy.

We are managed by a lying, dishonourable coward and in my book, there's nothing lower than that.
Last edited by Retro Gunner on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

limp dicked 3-1 loss w/ a red card for xhaka

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:09 pm
SPARKSY wrote:
Sean wrote:

Every time we play the Chavs we're predicted to get a pasting however, and I don't know how, three of the last four times we met them, we played them off the park.
It's a good point about us always about to be raped by the chav and yet 3 out of the last 4 we demolished them completely. We gave them a footballing lesson in the FA Cup Final and anyone that tries to talk that down is a bullshitter that needs a long look in the mirror. But I think we've had our luck/purple patch (whatever) against them. I can't see us winning this - though I had a feeling we'd win the FA Cup Final. We are all over the place inconsistent and (since the Burnley aberration) they have looked solid.

Have to agree too - I simply cannot wish us to lose against these no mark no history pimped cúnts. And I apologise to fucking no one for that.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:15 am
GranadaJoe wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:09 pm
SPARKSY wrote:
Sean wrote:

It's a good point about us always about to be raped by the chav and yet 3 out of the last 4 we demolished them completely. We gave them a footballing lesson in the FA Cup Final and anyone that tries to talk that down is a bullshitter that needs a long look in the mirror. But I think we've had our luck/purple patch (whatever) against them. I can't see us winning this - though I had a feeling we'd win the FA Cup Final. We are all over the place inconsistent and (since the Burnley aberration) they have looked solid.

Have to agree too - I simply cannot wish us to lose against these no mark no history pimped cúnts. And I apologise to fucking no one for that.
Our fan base feel that way about Chelsea, tots, both Manc club, Hughes, Fat Sam....and on & on until we have enough points for Top 4 and that smug, wolfish grin is rammed in our faces again..

I hope we lose...the 6 - 0 is forgotten already, hell the loss to Liverpool is already forgotten. The losses fade away quickly....that is what I wish for Wenger, to keep on losing until he fades away.