WBA home thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: WBA home thread

Post by StuartL »

Herd wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:37 am
O can't wait not to watch it ! I think beastenders an corrie are on tommorow .
Does anyone watch telly anymore ?
Occasionally

Thankfully there is the 3rd part of Liar on tomorrow at 9pm on itv, a thriller / drama based on two work colleagues who had a night together and who have very different versions of what happened - it's been very good so far.

Then at 10 First dates which is an insight into people dating lives and a must for anyone who loves people watching (not in that way Rodders)
It's extremely interesting especially having gone through the whole dating experience again myself a few years back (plus Laura the waitress ( well fake waitress as they are all actors ) Is very hot )

WBA - Won't Be Arsed thank you very much

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:10 am
It is more important than ever that we win this, as all our rivals, Stoke, Swansea, Southampton,etc,...dropped points over the weekend.

Win and we go 7th. Nosebleed territory :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
A chance to pull 3 points clear of those financially doped Brighton boys, go a point above mega rich Huddersfield and pull to within a point of the oligarchs of Watford

Oh glory be....

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:53 pm
xisstential wrote:
It is more important than ever that we win this, as all our rivals, Stoke, Swansea, Southampton,etc,...dropped points over the weekend.

A chance to pull 3 points clear of those financially doped Brighton boys, go a point above mega rich Huddersfield and pull to within a point of the oligarchs of Watford

Oh glory be....
Putting it like that, it is not just important, it is critical...I cannot wait :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

My daughter & future son in law live in Brighton and they have become my away team until Wenger goes. I was sitting on the edge of my couch earlier praying that they could hold on against Newcastle. It reminded me of the days I sweated over Arsenal, now when I watch them, I hope we lose, so Wenger suffers by association.

Thank you Arsene :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

SteveO 35 wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Oh glory be....
That's so unfair. Give him time (he's only had 21 years) and Judge him in May. You know we simply cannot compete with these financially doped clubs like Watford, Huddersfield, West Brom and Brighton. Arsene keeps us competitive and always gets us Champions League.

Besides, who else is there? Who could possibly do a better job? He's earned the right to decide when he leaves.

Please feel free to add any other AKB bullshit that you can think of :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:47 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Oh glory be....
That's so unfair. Give him time (he's only had 21 years) and Judge him in May. You know we simply cannot compete with these financially doped clubs like Watford, Huddersfield, West Brom and Brighton. Arsene keeps us competitive and always gets us Champions League.

Besides, who else is there? Who could possibly do a better job? He's earned the right to decide when he leaves.

Please feel free to add any other AKB bullshit that you can think of :lol:
You missed a big one jumpers......if he goes all the better players will go too

Looks like they are all trying to jump ship a bit early doors.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Oh no - schoolboy error by me :lol:

Sanchez only stayed because of Wenger. (Because of Wenger's total ineptitude but let's not let a little detail like that tarnish our Glorious Leader's reputation)

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Even Fantasy Football selectors avoid Arsenes players, sign of the times....

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:11 pm
Oh no - schoolboy error by me :lol:

Sanchez only stayed because of Wenger. (Because of Wenger's total ineptitude but let's not let a little detail like that tarnish our Glorious Leader's reputation)
And never forget Sanchez only came because of Wenger,as did all our other World Class squad......... :oops: :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

imagine how pissed off Sanchez is going to get this season as he sees Manchester City run away with the league

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:52 am
imagine how pissed off Sanchez is going to get this season as he sees Manchester City run away with the league
Don't think he will when he gets his transfer in January!
Cherry on Top for Pep....

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Is there a game on tonight?, keep forgetting. :roll:

No doubt another dire affair of sideways passing, resulting in a tight win against a stubborn defence in front of a "sell out" crowd of 59,500 (47,000 turned up). :roll:

:twisted:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:42 pm

No doubt another dire affair of sideways passing, resulting in a tight win against a stubborn defence in front of a "sell out" crowd of 59,500 (47,000 turned up). :roll:

this is THE BIG one!

a chance to get in the top half of the table :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:44 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:42 pm

this is THE BIG one!

a chance to get in the top half of the table :barscarf:
Careful now, don't get carried away, remember Ivan says our model is now based on Leicester City, and with all these other financially doped clubs we must keep out expectations realistic, a title every 50-100 years say?.

Now where do I sign up for my £1,200 season ticket?. :roll:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:50 am
The game will be eclipse by Gareth Barry breaking the premier league appearance record. The result will be irrelevant.
Wilshere would do well to take a leaf out of Barry's book as that's the positional role Wenger has always wanted him to play in the Arsenal team.
Best thing about that is that he knocks the Welsh adulterer off his number one peg :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Two WBA Fans upon hearing Wenger's Team Selection for Tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BAEJyuReWQ