brighton game thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: brighton game thread

Post by Gunner Rob »

NickF wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:48 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:24 pm
growing momentum right now - must admit this is the most excited i have been about the team in about 5 years (still wont compete for the title of course
And this is a perfect example of why we will never get rid of Wenger.
Just not prepared to let the club make me miserable at the moment.
Been taking a more distant view now that I am on a self imposed ban from the stadium. I watch my local non league team to see "competitive football" and watch the Arsenal in the pub, just not getting so worked up as before...

September and October is a time to chill - nothing anyone can do to remove Wenger at this time.
Don't worry in November I will be ready to join the protests...

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:12 pm
NickF wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
growing momentum right now - must admit this is the most excited i have been about the team in about 5 years (still wont compete for the title of course
And this is a perfect example of why we will never get rid of Wenger.
Just not prepared to let the club make me miserable at the moment.
Been taking a more distant view now that I am on a self imposed ban from the stadium. I watch my local non league team to see "competitive football" and watch the Arsenal in the pub, just not getting so worked up as before...

September and October is a time to chill - nothing anyone can do to remove Wenger at this time.
Don't worry in November I will be ready to join the protests...
It's the hope that's gonna kill you......

I just look at the fixture list and figure it out. There will always be the one big performance, the unexpected result (Chelsea?), there will be the bog standard expected wins, there will be the "slip ups", those ones we didn't see coming (Watford at home in the 1/4's, the 0-4 hammering at Southampton) and then there will be the maulings against the Top 4.

So basically the last decade on rewind. We are slap bang in our bog standard stage with all our idiotic fan base comfortably on board and Wenger in full cocksure, advice dispensing swagger.

Give it 2 months....

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

NickF wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
And this is a perfect example of why we will never get rid of Le WankerWenger.
Fact.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The great mental strength continues - heard so much about three games in a week - so to swat aside the combined might of West Brom, BATE and Brighton, is a real sign of being title winners. Give that man a contract extension

A comfortable 2-0 coming up with some piss taking ball juggling from Alexis and some twists and turns from Twirly

ONE ARSENE WENGER.......THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

In an strange way, i get more excited about the EL and league cup games, than i do by any league game we have. The league is a pointless exercise for us, in which we go through the 3 stages of repetitive bollocks.

Stage 1. Hope that this season is different.

Stage 2. The wheels fall off, and everyone thinks Wenger will finally go.

Stage 3. Beat a bunch of average teams(many of them already on holiday) as the season draws to a close, to finish somewhere between 4th - 6th.

If you want us back in the CL, then games like tomorrow's are very exciting, but if you know that we are playing for the VT, and little else, then it's completely pointless.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
hi rob, nice to have a brighton fan on the forum :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Watford drop points at the Hawthorns. Get in there!! Chelsea outplayed at home and lose 1-0 to Man City. Meaning that a win of 5 goals or more for us and Liverpool not winning at Newcastle, will see us sitting in 4th :barscarf:

Where are the critics now eh? :banghead: :barscarf:

Also means if we win tomorrow as I expect we will, then the predictable top 6 from last year will have only taken until 1 October to get in their positions. What a crock of shite the PL is :roll:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

After his 2 goals on thursday I'm worried Feo may have impressed 'Le Boss' & he may give him a run from the bench ! Another 2-0 win. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Ray C wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:52 pm
After his 2 goals on thursday I'm worried Feo may have impressed 'Le Boss' & he may give him a run from the bench ! Another 2-0 win. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Think Feo may be a leeetle jaded after Thursday....

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:09 am
Ray C wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:52 pm

Think Feo may be a leeetle jaded after Thursday....
Don't know about 'maybe' his being 'a leeetle jaded', but one thing is 100% certain he's a useless cuntbag who should have been sold years ago.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Those old moneybags Watford will be looking over their shoulders and praying for a Brighton miracle, as the minnows from Arsenal who can't compete with their financial firepower sneak up and nick their Thursday Night Cup spot. This is what its all about fellas

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Looking forward to this one (i always do to be fair :oops: :lol: )

Flat track bully mode on full power i reckon. 3-0.

Front 3 of sanchez, lacazette and wilshere would be great to see but there's no way Jack will play this one given he played in belarus.

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

Only interested to watch this as live down the road from Brighton and have become more and more interested in them as I have become more and more disenfranchised from Arsene FC. If this was against Palace etc I wouldn't even be switching on.

The local media are playing it as Brighton just being excited and happy to playing in these kind of games now they are up which is understandable but not expecting much. Only one optimistic chap on the local radio had them to win 2-1 :D

We should win at a canter and this is obviously the problem. It keeps Wenger at arms length from any criticism from the mainstream. Thus goes round the viscious circle. He will leave when he chooses.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Just in From Sky Sports...Arsenal are 31 - 0 against promoted clubs. Great huh, we aren't ever going to win the league but we don't lose to promoted clubs.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Wenger got someone at the club to feed them that little tidbit.

Who gives a fuck!!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:26 am
Just in From Sky Sports...Arsenal are 31 - 0 against promoted clubs. Great huh, we aren't ever going to win the league but we don't lose to promoted clubs.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Wenger got someone at the club to feed them that little tidbit.

Who gives a fuck!!
But in the league against promoted clubs at home we would be top :barscarf:
His greatest achievement