Everton Away Sunday Oct 22 - 1:30pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Everton Away Sunday Oct 22 - 1:30pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:32 am
Here's the starting XI and subs:

Arsenal
33Cech
6Koscielny
4Mertesacker
18Monreal
24Bellerín
8Ramsey
29Xhaka
31Kolasinac
11Özil
7Sánchez
9Lacazette

Substitutes
10Wilshere
12Giroud
14Walcott
16Holding
17Iwobi
34Coquelin
54Macey

God knows what'll happen today but it won't be pretty.
We need a midfield with some bite today and he puts in Twirly alongside the Swiss Eric Dier - fuck me. I'm sure JW will be asked to come on with 7 minutes to go and shit miracles. Lets see what Ozil contributes today

Clash

Post by Clash »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:15 pm
Clash wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:07 pm
While I acknowledge all the times we've kick-started another clubs season ... something even more common is the opposition letting Wenger off the hook. And I think the latter will be the case again today.

Everton just have too many ways of self-destructing at the moment and its a good time to play what can often be a tough fixture. I can see Everton missing chances, making silly mistakes at the back and even going down to 10 men at some point.

Wenger will then have that smirk on his face because we've finally won an away game and Koeman will be sacked on Monday or Tuesday. Another potential replacement killed off :suicide:
There has been times when the opposition has let Wenger off the hook, but your also forgetting there is no run of results that truly puts Wenger under pressure. We could lose 6 in a row, and if we win the 7th, then the memory reset button is pressed, and everything Is ok again. It's a complete myth for anyone to suggest that there is a point when the fans will all turn on Wenger. Social media is like a shrine to him today, because it's his birthday, that's what your up against.
I agree with you mate. All true sadly.

I must admit I chicken out of going near most of the social media because it just makes my blood boil. I prefer to keep to places like this where its cathartic knowing there are others out there who feel the same as me and are not part of some nutcase cult-worship.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Souness already saying what a great game this is for Everton and how you can bully Arsenal

Funny how the world and his dog can see it, but not the man who has worked in football for 30 years. Like a goldfish swimming round its bowl, he'll be genuinely bemused how this came to be......

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Giroud is going to score today at some stage.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

All going to plan - passing them to death, Twirly misses a sitter. I wonder what the rest of the story holds.....

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Everton rolling over waiting to have their tummys tickled, we're missing sitters.

Think I've seen this game before and know how it turns out.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Xhaka :coffeespit:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

And there you have it.

Xhaka dawdles and the Oak Tree in goal is still going down in instalments. Two reasons why we'll never finish top 4 with SFB at the helm

Fuck off Xhaka - you really are the most detestable c.unt going

MrT

Post by MrT »

MrT wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:09 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:03 pm
Ahhh.....just when Everton fans thought that Koeman was about to get the sack along comes the gift that keeps on giving......a visit from Arsene's mentally jaded little flowers.

Prediction: commentators afterwards saying "why haven't Everton been playing like this every week?"

A nailed on defeat against a team without a striker
You know how secretly happy the Everton players are because they know it's a chance to kickstart their season. The club is not even a big scalp anymore since they are soundly beaten multiple times a season but it's the manner of the defeat which always gives the opposition a major psychological boost.

Prediction - Lacazette with the opener within 10 minutes. Wenger instructs them to sit back and invite pressure until a calamitous error from Xhaka or one of our defenders invites a Rooney tap in. Then in the 84th minute, a whipped in cross from Baines is pathetically cleared by Ramsey and lands at Tom Davies feet to slot one home to win it for them.
Close

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Quelle Suprise :roll:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Maybe it takes 30 years to see how shit Xhaka is?? Everyone else knows it but the blind *word censored* in charge of Farsenal.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

No place for Jack in this midfield eh?

What with Ramsey's cool finishing, Ozil's work rate and Xhaka's masterful break up play, where could we fit him in?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

New thread incoming - is Xhaka the worst ever Arsenal player?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'd rather have the dodgy Egyptian playing than fcuking Xhaka, no chance of Wilshere getting a game though :banghead:
Last edited by GoonerMuzz on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Cech is an absolute joke of a keeper, must be great being a shit player at Farsenal, overpaid and regular games.... :banghead: