Red Star Belgrade Home UEFA Cup *positive posts only*

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Red Star Belgrade Home UEFA Cup *positive posts only*

Post by GoonerMuzz »

There is absolutely no fluidity to our football and as the most senior players Giroud and Walcott have been dire again, the youngsters look like they've never trained together never mind played together, what the hell do our training sessions actually cover because its not defending, attacking or teamwork :roll:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Away end is heaving, everywhere else empty seats! Luvly jubbly..... :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:57 pm
There is absolutely no fluidity to our football and as the most senior players Giroud and Walcott have been dire again, the youngsters look like they've never trained together never mind played together, what the hell do our training sessions actually cover because its not defending, attacking or teamwork :roll:
What I don't get is that they just play one long ball from the edge of their box and in a flash they have 2 men behind our back 4...on more than one occasion..the defending is just so staggeringly bad.

Keown in the studio..."Youngsters, so you don't want to be too critical".

You couldn't make it up.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Wouldn't it be refreshing if the players on the fringes should some actual desire to try and force their way into the first team rather than stinking up the place acting like playing for their wage is just a massive fucking inconvenience.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:43 pm
Flash - I've wrestled with the same dilemma mate. We must be a similar age cos I've been a Gooner for 40 years so we've both seen good times and bad. Where I struggle now is that even in the 70s or mid 80s, when we were shite and playing in front of half empty stadiums, I never, never felt that I was being ripped off or mugged off. But I do now - on an industrial scale.

I just cannot pay £100 or so, turn up and cheer a team full of millionaire cowards that I can't identify with, especially when they are managed by an out of date egotist that I know holds nothing but contempt for me. And even more especially when the whole shebang is owned by a disinterested American parasite. My cheering indicates to them that I agree with what they're doing when I don't.

X and I organised the protests last season not to damage Arsenal but in a vain hope of returning us to the days where you could be proud of the 11 players out there fighting for us. I don't expect to win every match but seeing our lot wave the white flag so many times just kills me. We are seen as a massive soft touch now. It was impossible to argue against what Troy Deeney said - Troy bloody Deeney !!!

I've taken my son a few times and I could weep, honestly mate I could weep. £7.50 hot dogs, half and half scarves, being able to hear the players when I'm in the upper tier, people having to ask who Rocky is.

I wish I could get some enjoyment out of Arsenal but I fear that won't happen until Wenger and Kroenke have gone. The thought of lining their greedy pockets makes me feel sick. Add into that Keswick's open contempt for us and I have to question how anyone can enjoy spending so much money to watch modern Arsenal.

We have to force change before too much more damage is done, because as you say - we'llbe here long after they've gone.
Mate I feel your pain, almost all of what you've written I have or do feel. I just can't switch off the love for Arsenal. Some will/have ridiculed me because I can't be negative constantly but that's how it is. Wenger will go one day when he does we'll have to meet up in the Gunners for a pint

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

I'll buy the first round Flash

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Decent save from Marcy.
That was it

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:06 pm
I'll buy the first round Flash
:cheers:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

And if Kroenke goes as well I'll even run to a packet of crisps as well. Nothing fancy mind - salt & vinegar or cheese & onion :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:11 pm
And if Kroenke goes as well I'll even run to a packet of crisps as well. Nothing fancy mind - salt & vinegar or cheese & onion :barscarf:
Tight bastard :D

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Decent effort from Giroud says Hartson. It was 3 - 5 feet over the bar :shock: :shock: :shock:

Don't forget John, you are not on the radio, we are watching.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Francis Coquelin is a professional footballer. Holy fuck.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

There is going to be the biggest party in north London since 1989 when Wenger fucks off :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I can't believe the lower tier is still half empty.
Surely if you have a seat in the upper tier you would have come down by now ?
Maybe I don't think like the current match day consumers though :rubchin:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:17 pm
I can't believe the lower tier is still half empty.
I think it's half full :wink: