Red Star Belgrade Home UEFA Cup *positive posts only*

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jumpers For Goalposts

Re: Red Star Belgrade Home UEFA Cup *positive posts only*

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

What is this positivity you speak of ??

Crap competition, 2 crap teams, 1 slightly crapper than the other therefore we will win, before being given a lesson next March, in how European football should be played. Sadly this lesson will be wasted on our manager, as he is a Charlatan that hasn't won any European silverware in over 30 years.

:lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

2 positive points to make here :D

1. if we win then our win percentage this season goes up to 75%
2. we will qualify with a win on Thursday night (probably a draw but I cant be arsed to work it out)

:barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:59 am

Crap competition, 2 crap teams, 1 slightly crapper than the other therefore we will win, before being given a lesson next March, in how European football should be played. Sadly this lesson will be wasted on our manager, as he is a Charlatan that hasn't won any European silverware in over 30 years.

I Positively Concur. :D

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Here's a positive post. Standard of the Champions League has dropped just look at the teams in the group stages. You will see many names that Arsenal should beat easily.
When the Champions League teams enter the competition we should be able to knock up some more wins. Just watch out for Lyon they look quite handy. Not sure about AC Milan they are shadows of former glory. Just like us :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Is it a case of Special Circumstances Positively?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Think we'll win this competition this year

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:39 am
Please do not confuse positivity with stupidity :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you honestly think we have looked convincing in ANY of our games so far?? I don't.... I don't think we'll win anything because of our defensive situation. Far too many frailties at the back, a midfield lacking discipline & steel and a weak goalkeeper.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

flash gunner wrote:
Can't agree with that Flash - not with Wenger in charge we won't.

Despite having colossal resources, he has taken us to only two European finals in 21 years. In each of those finals, he either got the tactics all wrong or couldn't make sound decisions under game pressure. And away from the finals, he has failed consistently to prepare a squad for the different pressures of European football. FFS - in 2000 he couldn't even beat Galatasaray with the Vieira / Henry / Bergkamp team.

Somewhere between now and next May, we will come under pressure from a tactically savvy opponent and Wenger will come up short once again.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:59 am

Ban this heathen please mods 8)

g60gooner

Post by g60gooner »

Just got the results back from the 'clinic', and....... er, well, shit....... It's positive. :oops:

Is this the kind of post you were talking about? I can't get involved re: the game, as i haven't been positive about the Arsenal for about 12 years now :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:07 pm
flash gunner wrote:

Do you honestly think we have looked convincing in ANY of our games so far?? I don't.... I don't think we'll win anything because of our defensive situation. Far too many frailties at the back, a midfield lacking discipline & steel and a weak goalkeeper.
Post Of The Thread RIGHT THERE! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:22 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Can't agree with that Flash - not with Wenger in charge we won't.

Despite having colossal resources, he has taken us to only two European finals in 21 years. In each of those finals, he either got the tactics all wrong or couldn't make sound decisions under game pressure. And away from the finals, he has failed consistently to prepare a squad for the different pressures of European football. FFS - in 2000 he couldn't even beat Galatasaray with the Vieira / Henry / Bergkamp team.

Somewhere between now and next May, we will come under pressure from a tactically savvy opponent and Wenger will come up short once again.
neither can I - Burn this necromancer at the stake NOW! :D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

g60gooner wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:59 pm
Just got the results back from the 'clinic', and....... er, well, shit....... It's positive. :oops:

Is this the kind of post you were talking about? I can't get involved re: the game, as i haven't been positive about the Arsenal for about 12 years now :lol:
I told you not to go anywhere near Gunzablazin and StuartL.

:roll:

:D :wink:

g60gooner

Post by g60gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:52 pm
g60gooner wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:59 pm

I told you not to go anywhere near Gunzablazin and StuartL.

:roll:

:D :wink:
You did, you did. Unfortunately, i'm one of those people who hears but doesn't listen. :cry: :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

xisstential wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:07 pm
flash gunner wrote:

Once we get into the knockout stages and we play a more experienced line up we really do have a chance in this competition IMO.

We go into the European Cup every year knowing we cant compete with Barca, Real or even Monaco :? but in this we truly have a chance