The "Mustafi & Poor Defending in general" Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: The "Mustafi & Poor Defending in general" Thread

Post by A11M11 »

Rumour has it that he was on his way last season but Gabriel's missus kicked off about not liking London and so he got sold instead.
Another rumour is that Wenger has not had the final say on purchases recently and that Mustafi and Perez were bought behind his back.
True or not ....Who knows ?

Herd

Post by Herd »

Any defence needs practice and drilling ,might come as a shock to our boys though who havent had any for years.
The lack of real coaching has been glossed over by pundits over the years but recently even Wright n Keown have alluded to it when talking of the New man.
Boro Primorac might need counselling as his job of staring at the players from the corner of a field comes to an end but you can expect the others to cling on like limpets to their overpaid jobs.

Post by 1989 »

Mustafi left out of the Germany World Cup squad.

He can have no complaints.

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:59 am

How he is in our very average squad is a mystery to me, so how he would get into the world cup winners squad ??

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:11 pm
1989 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:59 am

How he is in our very average squad is a mystery to me, so how he would get into the world cup winners squad ??
Ozil does :?

Wanna know what all Wenger's mates did?? Read this...if this doesn't make you angry, nothing will........

http://onlinegooner.com/article.php?sec ... vrRHYAvzIV

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

I'm not sure what is true or not in that article, but wiping the slate clean in terms of staff is a positive move. They'll get new jobs i'm sure, but for Arsenal it means they have an opportunity of moving forwards, with hopefully a clean and objective recruitment process.

augie

Post by augie »

Peyton is going back out to japan where he is setting up a goalkeeping academy - I know that for certain

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:06 pm
Peyton is going back out to japan where he is setting up a goalkeeping academy - I know that for certain
Japan....isn't that where we found Wenger :?

augie

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:49 pm
augie wrote:

It is indeed - peyton's missus is japanese and he was working out there when wenger was there, albeit for a different club

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 2:02 pm
xisstential wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:49 pm
augie wrote:

It is indeed - peyton's missus is japanese and he was working out there when wenger was there, albeit for a different club
Same story with Boro Primorac in France.......... until Wenger united them all under the AFC Umbrella.

What a wonderful friend Wenger has been to all these people........all with somebody else's money of course :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: