West Ham v Arsenal Wed 13th @ 8pm live on Bt sports and BT sport 4HD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: West Ham v Arsenal Wed 13th @ 8pm live on Bt sports and BT sport 4HD

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:21 am
Not going to watch it and will probably forget its on.............

The sewing machine is mine :barscarf:

I hate it when we are on the box - I keep saying that surely there is a better match available to show than ours :oops: :oops:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:56 am
flash gunner wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:21 am
Not going to watch it and will probably forget its on.............

The sewing machine is mine :barscarf:

I hate it when we are on the box - I keep saying that surely there is a better match available to show than ours :oops: :oops:
Good attempt at the Sewing machine prize augie :wink: :D

NickF

Post by NickF »

Quote from Lacazette on the BBC:

"But the goal in coming here was always to qualify for the Champions League and if we could get the title, fantastic."

Seems completely the wrong attitude, he should be coming here to win the title not just qualify.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

NickF wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:16 am

"But the goal in coming here was always to qualify for the Champions League and if we could get the title, fantastic."

Seems completely the wrong attitude, he should be coming here to win the title not just qualify.
Totally the wrong attitude mate. Anything but the title is failure in my book

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

NickF wrote:

not necessarily his view - it is basically the view that will have been drummed into him ever since he arrived at the club.
when will people wake up to the fact that Arsenal no longer even try and win the league? It is all about trying to reach the top 4 - has been for at least a decade.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:05 pm
NickF wrote:

not necessarily his view - it is basically the view that will have been drummed into him ever since he arrived at the club.
when will people wake up to the fact that Arsenal no longer even try and win the league? It is all about trying to reach the top 4 - has been for at least a decade.
That is why I don't understand why people want us to win so badly....all it is is 3 points toward a top 4 spot and reinforces the Mad Kings "credentials" I don't want to see us relegated but 17th would do just fine......the more frustration heaped on him the better. This never ending purgatory has to end sometime. ...and the further down we fall the more idiotic and ridiculous his behaviour will become.

Sumo wrestlers indeed..... :? :?

The man has become a caricature of himself

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:20 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
NickF wrote:

That is why I don't understand why people want us to win so badly....all it is is 3 points toward a top 4 spot and reinforces the Mad Kings "credentials" I don't want to see us relegated but 17th would do just fine......the more frustration heaped on him the better. This never ending purgatory has to end sometime. ...and the further down we fall the more idiotic and ridiculous his behaviour will become.

said it before don't think the guy is on full lights......

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:27 am
NickF wrote:

Aaaah So! Glasshopper Frash - It would seem that wenger is reading from one book, whilst we and the rest of the world are reading from another....

ps: AKB's can't read. :D

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

flash gunner wrote:
NickF wrote:

He has the "Arsenal DNA" then, afterall top 4 is a trophy, it's Arsene FC (Arsene football corporation).

:roll:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Cannot see West Ham winning this one....will go for a 1-1 draw @ around about 3-1 with most bookies

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

It will either be an easy win or a shit performance and a defeat.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:01 pm
xisstential wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:20 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
NickF wrote:

said it before don't think the guy is off his fucking chump......

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

flash gunner wrote:
NickF wrote:

However,
What would you say about a player who joined Arsenal at the moment and said, "I've only joined Arsenal to win the Premier League"?

Stupid, mad or a liar?

Clash

Post by Clash »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:11 pm
It will either be an easy win or a shit performance and a defeat.
Or a shit performance and a win :)

That's a reflection of how shit teams like West Ham and many others in the self-proclaimed best league in the world can be.