When Sanchez goes

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: When Sanchez goes

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:30 am
As i understand it only the Manc Scum have actually made a bid for him at the moment so he doesn't exactly have a lot of choice, some of you might want to ponder the fact that maybe he is just so sick fucking fed up of Wengers shit he'll take any offer which gets him away from this club :rubchin:

Lets be honest most of us would if we could, the difference being we are heart in soul invested in The Arsenal, he isn't :roll:
It's a good point and I think this may be a big part of it. I hate my current job. My current manager is a rude ignorant lazy useless bag of shit. I've been promoted and had a choice to stay in my current department until an option to move internally to a different section comes about in maybe 6 months time, or move straight away to another department. 6 more months of this fucking moron every day?? Moving to another department puts about an extra hour and a half on my cummute each day, (and adds about another €75 a week in travel costs) but fuck it I'm so desperate to just get away from this stupid inept cúnt I took the move. :|

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

1989 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:37 am
This guy should have been remembered as an Arsenal legend instead he'll be seen as another RVP.

Absolute tragedy that we've let it come to this.

Fuck this club.
I know what you mean but I really don't think the press and majority of fans see it like that now. The whole world knows why he's leaving so it can't be spun out as greed or ungratefulness.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:24 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:38 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:33 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:41 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:49 pm

Sanchez' advisors have negotiated!

Per year before a presumed 45 percent tax: £25.5m
Per month before tax: £2.1m
Per week before tax: £490,000
Per day before tax: £70,000
Per hour before tax: £2,900

Give or take a few grand Mr Keown, he is getting paid what the market price for a world class striker is worth...
Now be a good boy and fuck right off!.... :cussing:
Salaries for all contracts are quoted prior to tax deduction. Using his post tax salary doesn't mean anything.

Sanchez is going to be the best-paid player in the prem by a long way. City offered him £290k pre tax.

You can have a pop at Wenger for allowing this situation to arise time and time again, but the reality here is Keown is right. He had a lock in for a PL medal this season and he turned it down. He even had a gentleman's agreement with City that he would join them on a free at the end of the season. Why do you think they pulled out. Perhaps the way he carries himself sucks?

Explain that statement please :? Tell me who it is that he turned down ? Citeeh are the one's who are gonna win the league this season, and to my knowledge they have made it abundantly clear that they will not pay Arsenal more than £20m for him, so how or where did sanchez turn down the pl medal ?
Far, far too convenient for some fans to start labelling sanchez as a money grabber now - fact is that he has wanted out for a long time now, and it just happens that the ONLY offer accepted by our club, is gonna turn out to be very lucrative for sanchez himself and that aint his fault. IF citeeh came in with an acceptable offer to the club but they offered sanchez less wages, if he turned them down for manures offer we could then (and only then) label him as money motivated
City would have paid the money, it's nothing to them. Even if they didn't do you think Arsenal would have held out with the risk of losing him on a free? We are fucking awful at transfers everyone knows that.

As soon as Manure started sniffing around it was clear Sanchez was prepared to go with the highest bidder. This isnt about winning trophies, Manure are a country mile behind City and it will take a lot more than Sanchez to bridge the gap in the PL. He's 29 now so if he wants a decent crack at the CL city are again the better option.

Again I re-iterate Keown is right. Sanchez is a greedy *word censored*.

You cant say that citeeh would have paid the money simply because they havent even made an offer - every other point you made is moot cos he only has two choices as of now ....... go to play for manure and moaninho, or stay and play for a clueless b**tard and a club in serious decline, and most people would go imo
Why not, this is what very likely would have happened. City offer £20m with no other offers coming in, Arsenal says no, then City hold out until the last few days of the window come back with £25m, Arsenal say ok then. Let's be perfectly clear about this after turning down £60m last summer Arsenal couldn't claim to be a well run club if they let him go for free.

NickF

Post by NickF »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:13 am
Let's be perfectly clear about this after turning down £60m last summer Arsenal couldn't claim to be a well run club if they let him go for free.
Turning down 60m in the summer and then accepting 30m in January for a player everyone knew wasn't going to sign a new contract isn't exactly great business. Also looks like Ozil could be off in the summer for no money. Ditto Jack who is apparently being asked to take a wage cut.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:19 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:13 am
Let's be perfectly clear about this after turning down £60m last summer Arsenal couldn't claim to be a well run club if they let him go for free.
Turning down 60m in the summer and then accepting 30m in January for a player everyone knew wasn't going to sign a new contract isn't exactly great business. Also looks like Ozil could be off in the summer for no money. Ditto Jack who is apparently being asked to take a wage cut.
100%. We stopped being considered a well run club years ago ffs. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

FFS. :lol: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Nut Flush, you labelled sanchez a mercenary and said that he turned down a certain league medal by not joining citeeh - I pointed out that he hasnt snubbed citeeh cos they havent made a bid and he cannot be classed as a mercenary then for accepting the ONLY offer on the table. Your response to that was nothing only pure speculation about how citeeh would come in and that we would have sold to them for business reasons, but none of that quantifies sanchez as a mercenary. You made a blind sweeping statement in supporting a hypocritical ugly b**tard, and nothing that either he or you have said, can support the insinuation that sanchez is a money grabber.
We are a selling feeder club with zero ambition, and every player with talent has recognised that and wanted out - accept that and stop trying to deflect blame and responsibility from the club and it's senile arrogant b**tard manager, and you might be surprised how much clearer things will appear to you then

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:11 am
1989 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:37 am
This guy should have been remembered as an Arsenal legend instead he'll be seen as another RVP.

Absolute tragedy that we've let it come to this.

Fuck this club.
I know what you mean but I really don't think the press and majority of fans see it like that now. The whole world knows why he's leaving so it can't be spun out as greed or ungratefulness.
Go on Twitter and about 50% of the tweets are calling him greedy and ungrateful...Phrase like " he who's name i forget" or references to "suitcases loads of money " are all there...Then there was "Wenger has always been loyal to his players , pity it's not reciprocated"
Those who refuse to see are blinded again by their stupid loyalty..

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

On the day Torres left Liverpool for Chelsea my plastic Victim supporting in law posted on social media (Facebook) that "he always knew Torres wasn't really that good"....
I would expect the same reaction to Sanchez from our fan base.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:59 am
On the day Torres left Liverpool for Chelsea my plastic Victim supporting in law posted on social media (Facebook) that "he always knew Torres wasn't really that good"....
I would expect the same reaction to Sanchez from our fan based.
Yep. The windowlickers will use words like mercenary, attitude problem, disruptive, etc etc. :roll:

And the club will leak nice juicy little stories about him to the morons in the media who will print them as Gospel (because a story is a story!) and then the Twatter and social midia AKB morons will post it and blah blah cúnts blah... :roll: :censored:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:03 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Yep. The windowlickers will use words like mercenary, attitude problem, disruptive, etc etc. :roll:

And the club will leak nice juicy little stories about him to the morons in the media who will print them as Gospel (because a story is a story!) and then the Twatter and social midia AKB morons will post it and blah blah cúnts blah... :roll: :censored:
Now that nice boy Feo has gone, I would expect secondary nice boy Ramsey to hint at the dressing room being a nicer place without Sanchez.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:05 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:03 am
Bradywasking wrote:

Now that nice boy Feo has gone, I would expect secondary nice boy Ramsey to hint at the dressing room being a nicer place without Sanchez.
Oh yeah, they'll wheel him out after a particularly good win and he'll drop a subtle little dig at Sanchez, by mentioning "the group" and "loyalty" and "team spirit". :roll:

And he'll say "whurra" a lot. :lol: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Window licker in chief Martin Keown and all those other people sneering at Sanchez calling him a disgrace and a mercenary should have a think as to why Aubameyang would want to come here and join the banter brigade under the busted flush??

Oh yeah.......LOADSA MONEY.

Or maybe I'm being unfair to the lad and he has always dreamed about battling it out for sixth with Burnley and being subbed off in the 70th minute by Le Fraud :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC WEBSITE:
Alexis Sanchez has been made to train with Arsenal's youth team as the 29-year-old Chilean forward's move to Old Trafford drags on. (Times)

That'll tech him to mess with wenger the god of 30 years in football

Who knows maybe the youngsters just might learn something useful from Alexis....We can but Hope.

#wengerwrong :cussing: #alexisright :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:47 am
Window licker in chief Martin Keown and all those other people sneering at Sanchez calling him a disgrace and a mercenary should have a think as to why Aubameyang would want to come here and join the banter brigade under the busted flush??

Oh yeah.......LOADSA MONEY.

Or maybe I'm being unfair to the lad and he has always dreamed about battling it out for sixth with Burnley and being subbed off in the 70th minute by Le Fraud :roll:
In a statement Aubameyang said the dream of playing wide left with a right footed midfielder behind him is too good to turn down..