Carabao Cup Final v pimped small club | 16:30 | Sunday 25/02

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: Carabao Cup Final v pimped small club | 16:30 | Sunday 25/02

Post by Herd »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:36 pm
The lady reading the news just said that there was "barely a snowflake in sight" in the London area today.

Someone should have taken the cameras along to London Colney....
Don't be silly they all melted on Sunday and by Thursday they had completely vanished,

brucers

Post by brucers »

Herd wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:17 pm
brucers wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:50 am
Those that walked out were wrong. A lot of them would have been 'tourist' fans. All quick enough to snap up final tickets when there was glory to be had but fast enough to run early as to get the tube back to their hotel.

To suggest a protest element is nonsense, they left for personal reasons (obviously the score did not help). If it was a protest needed then they should have stayed till end and everyone could sing 'Wenger out'.

Empty seats may have looked good on TV but most fans of other clubs would just see it as Arsenal sulking at the defeat.

If anyone really believes it was a (proper) protest, then ask yourselves.....how many of them will march when the next official protest happens?
How are they wrong ,the team didn't show up so why waste time torturing yourself and then queuing at Wembley Park for hours ,when u can get out and home or to or tot he pub in reasonable time .
I don't think it was a protest at all, people had seen enough shit for one day and wanted to get home to drown their sorrows,no big deal and I hope the players were embarrassed because they should be.,but the wont the molly coddled cuntz
You in essence agree with how we view why they left but not why wrong. The wrong is not staying to the end then show displeasure. Through thick and thin. I appreciate they had had enough (we all had) but as I assume most were 'tourist' fans I would rather they stayed away permanently. It won't happen of course as they will all come back for another day out whether it be to Arsenal or Drury Lane or whatever other pursuit takes their fancy for the moment in time.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

If I had been there i wouldn’t have been fucking staying until the end. If there was a chance of getting close enough to the players that they could hear what I had to say to them I would have stuck around but not to stand there watching that shower of shit.

The team were a disgrace and any notions of ‘class’ between the club and its fans have died out long ago. If this was a one-off awful performance it would be different but this seriously wouldn’t even make the top 25 over the last decade.

Herd

Post by Herd »

You in essence agree with how we view why they left but not why wrong. The wrong is not staying to the end then show displeasure. Through thick and thin. I appreciate they had had enough (we all had) but as I assume most were 'tourist' fans I would rather they stayed away permanently. It won't happen of course as they will all come back for another day out whether it be to Arsenal or Drury Lane or whatever other pursuit takes their fancy for the moment in time.
mmm since i couldn't be bothered to even go I'm not here to judge those that did and since I gather you didnt either neither should you .
A lot of regulars that i know did go and took their kids

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Herd wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:57 am
mmm since i couldn't be bothered to even go I'm not here to judge those that did and since I gather you didnt either neither should you .
A lot of regulars that i know did go and took their kids
Well my son and I did go. We had a pretty good time pre-match it was just after going in to the stadium that the day turned to shit. Very little atmosphere in our end but a lot of people resigned to the inevitable humping which we got. There were a couple of blokes fighting after the second goal - over you know who and whether he should go or not - which was mildy entertaining.

After watching our lot fuck about aimlessly and then concede two lame goals my sons says what are we doing when the third goes in. Getting the fuck out of here I replied and then literally 5 minutes later the third went in and we duly fucked off. I pay my money I chose when I leave a ground - if the team had shown any balls then I will stay to the end and applaud them off, if they perform like they did then fuck 'em. On the way out we had to step over a group of twenty somethings merrily scrapping away as we left. I honestly don't get how anyone could give two fucks enough to fight over that twat of a manager of ours.

The weather certainly helped on Thursday by deterring folk from going and as a result the empty seats genuinely helped to get more attention than anything else we have tried. I can live without watching Watford this week so will not be going in the hope that others do the same. A defeat in Milan followed by a half empty stadium will certainly turn up the heat on AW and we'd be stupid not to make the most of the opportunity.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I do think but I dare not hope that if he loses now the board will off him end of the season !