other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: other matches this weekend - Sean Dyche appreciation thread!

Post by Retro Gunner »

I’d recorded the game and didn’t start watching ‘til about 10 o’clock. At 0-2 I decided to do the old x30 speed through the game. Stopped to watch the goals and that was it. Was relieved it was only 0-4 tbh, because at 0-3 I thought they’d put 6 or 7 past them.

I couldn’t believe how suicidal Brighton were playing. Trying to play out from the back every time and literally in their own fucking penalty box. It was obvious they’d fuck up. Even when they managed play out, they only ever got just outside their own third before losing possession. Why the fuck do teams think they’ll out-football City?? It amazes me that almost no one mixes it up and goes long into the channels, forcing their high line to turn and chase back.

Anyway, I was hoping that Brighton might pull something out the bag, but no surprise really. As others have said, all we can do is win our games. If we win the next couple, then the scum fans won’t know what the fuck to wish for when they play City. They desperately need 4th spot, but could hand us the title. First things first, we MUST best that lot on Sunday.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

What a bunch of fannies Brighton were - pathetic. Any big club taking De Zerbi is welcome! Yeah yeah injuries......if that's the case why are you dribbling it out of your own penalty box! Another Wenger - one style fits all. Wenger, De Zerbi, Fat Ange - all useless one trick ponies that get sucked off by the media but have all the tactical nous of a cabbage

Sadly City won't drop a point now

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:00 am
What a bunch of fannies Brighton were - pathetic. Any big club taking De Zerbi is welcome! Yeah yeah injuries......if that's the case why are you dribbling it out of your own penalty box! Another Wenger - one style fits all. Wenger, De Zerbi, Fat Ange - all useless one trick ponies that get sucked off by the media but have all the tactical nous of a cabbage

Look at the chaos your old mucker Dychie caused the night before just by slinging balls down the channels in behind the Liverpool back line. It had them on the back foot all night and Calvert Lewin just sticking his arse in caused mayhem, he either won possession or a free kick every single time and got Everton up the pitch and out of danger. They didn't try to play Liverpool at their own game doing a thousand passes, they made it helter skleter for the 90 minutes and got the job done.

Contrast that with the shite Brighton tried last night, 6 suicidal passes just to try and get out of their own penalty box - why not mix it up and get it up the field quickly? Get the city defenders on the back foot and running back towards their own goal and ruffle some feathers along the way. Nah, I've a weakened side but I'm not going to make any attempt to adapt and just play the same way I always do and get smashed. Well done you.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:27 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:00 am

Look at the chaos your old mucker Dychie caused the night before just by slinging balls down the channels in behind the Liverpool back line. It had them on the back foot all night and Calvert Lewin just sticking his arse in caused mayhem, he either won possession or a free kick every single time and got Everton up the pitch and out of danger. They didn't try to play Liverpool at their own game doing a thousand passes, they made it helter skleter for the 90 minutes and got the job done.

Contrast that with the shite Brighton tried last night, 6 suicidal passes just to try and get out of their own penalty box - why not mix it up and get it up the field quickly? Get the city defenders on the back foot and running back towards their own goal and ruffle some feathers along the way. Nah, I've a weakened side but I'm not going to make any attempt to adapt and just play the same way I always do and get smashed. Well done you.
Exactly - another Wenger clone. When they gave away another dribble out of their own box to go 0-3 down, I switched off. Angeball is the same "its who we are mate". Yeah good luck with that if you get into the CL mate - you'll do as well as you did in it with Celtic

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

If you look at the remaining City games then Forest away on Sunday might be one of the very few opportunities left for them to drop points - they did last season. Forest need something for sure, and their fans can be relied upon to do what Everton did the other night.

After that its Wolves at home - another Brighton....ravaged by injuries and on the beach. Fulham have reverted to being shit now they're on the beach too. Then its the vermin, where most people are holding out their hopes but I don't see it under Dopey Ange who will try and play them like they're Luton. West Ham at home on the final day must be the game of dreams - they've long since packed up, Moyes knows he's a dead man walking and they shipped 5 to Palace who struggle to score that many in 5 games normally

If they beat Forest, I sadly can't see anything else. Lets hope the FA are shit scared of upsetting Forest and they kick and bully their way to a spirited draw

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Hilarious stuff in the West ham v Liverpool game, salah and klopp kicking off against each other, salah had to be held back :lol:

Then there's a mix up, the hammers keeper chucks the ball down in the middle of the goal and a Liverpool player rubs up to tap it in, tbf he should have but the ref blows his whistle.

The ref then calls on the physio for the keeper :lol:

Play resumes and the keeper takes a drop kick :shock:

I reckon the ref was trying to save his flushes there :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Well done Shambles and fucking hilarious bottle jobbing as usual from the murdering dippers. :D

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Hilarious stuff in the West ham v Liverpool game, salah and klopp kicking off against each other, salah had to be held back :lol:

Then there's a mix up, the hammers keeper chucks the ball down in the middle of the goal and a Liverpool player rubs up to tap it in, tbf he should have but the ref blows his whistle.

The ref then calls on the physio for the keeper :lol:

Play resumes and the keeper takes a drop kick :shock:

I reckon the ref was trying to save his flushes there :lol:

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

Will Klopp get fired before he can leave :lol:

More importantly will he get invited back to share in their annual grief fest. He's diminishing his chances by the day....maybe that's his goal???

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:39 pm
Well done Shambles and fucking hilarious bottle jobbing as usual from the murdering dippers. :D
5 points clear 12 games ago and seeing Klopp off with a quadruple,

all gone a bit shit isn’t it great

:lol: :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Man Ure are absolute pish! Burnley should have won this game already. If United play like this against us, we should win by 5 goals :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Halland on the bench and Foden is ill.

Come on you Forest! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Why is it that sky insist on reporting that "Haaland keep the pressure on Arsenal" as if its in our own hand if we win the league or not.

The way they twist their narratives to suit an anti Arsenal agenda is baffling

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

"Haaland keep the pressure on Arsenal"

They are building up for their Arsenal crack under pressure narrative.

Nothing we can do about it.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

We'll look back and say terrible results against Fulham and West Ham cost us, City would look back and say two draws against Chavski and a home draw against Palace cost them......swings and roundabouts.